The Right Doesn’t Need Fact-Checkers

Fact-checking Trump???
Really.....as though those arbiters of 'facts,' of 'truth' are in any way that????

Nope. Far from it.
Here’s why: The Right speaks the truth, and is never wrong, and those ‘fact-checkers’ are the modern version of Izvestia and Pravda.

1.First there was PolitiFact, founded in 2007 by the Leftwing Tampa Bay Times. Giving the Devil his due, no one does propaganda better than the Left. ‘Fact-Checkers’ are nothing more than an extension of the media, and you know whose side they’re on. These iterations are simply the reverse of ‘plausible deniability’…..they are something for Democrat simpletons to quote as ‘see….I told you so!’

2. Giving a wink and a nod to other similar outlets, PolitiFact was awarded a Pulitzer Prize in 2009, pretty much authorizing other news organizations to get on board, such as CNN and the Washington Post. If you believe that a Pulitzer Prize is a mark of authenticity, remember, these were the folks who gave Walter Duranty and the NYTimes the prize for lying to the world while their idol, Stalin, starved ten million to death.

3. The value of these fake fact-checkers to the lies that allow the Democrats to alter the course of the nation is beyond calculating. America had the finest healthcare in the world, Americans had the greatest life spans, and lots of folks came here when they needed care, and the huge majority of Americans were very happy with it….but Democrats and their fact-checkers saw a way to grab a major chunk of the economy. With lies.

4. “The 2013 “Lie of the Year” was something Obama had been saying for five years: “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.” Conveniently, PolitiFact didn’t even call this a full “lie,” let alone the biggest of the year, until after Obama had faced voters for the last time and he was insulated from any blowback. In 2009 and again in 2012, PolitiFact did check the oft-repeated declaration, rating it “half true” both times. During the 2008 campaign, it declared it to be “true.” The first time PolitiFact checked it, it entitled the piece “Obama’s Plan Expands Existing System.” Angie Drobnic Holan, “Obama’s Plan Expands Existing System,” PolitiFact, October 9, 2008, http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/ oct/09/barack-obama/mas-mas-plan-pands-exist-system/.tem/.

That piece says of the lie, “Obama is accurately describing his health care plan here. He advocates a program that seeks to build on the current system, rather than dismantling it and starting over.”

In its conclusion, PolitiFact doubled down on the regurgitating of Democratic campaign talking points: It remains to be seen whether Obama’s plan will actually be able to achieve the cost savings it promises for the health care system. But people who want to keep their current insurance should be able to do that under Obama’s plan. His description of his plan is accurate, and we rate his statement True.”
Derek Hunter, "Outrage, Inc."

The only time one should ever….EVER….accept a fact-checker as telling the truth is when it verifies what the Right is saying.

To put it another way…. Rule #1 Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.
Right wing rederick can't withstand independent scrutiny?

"rederick"???
You must be a government school grad, huh?

"...can't withstand independent scrutiny?"
But I just proved that 'fact-checkers' aren't 'independent' in the slightest.

Have someone with better than your third grade education explain this to you:

1.First there was PolitiFact, founded in 2007 by the Leftwing Tampa Bay Times. Giving the Devil his due, no one does propaganda better than the Left. ‘Fact-Checkers’ are nothing more than an extension of the media, and you know whose side they’re on. These iterations are simply the reverse of ‘plausible deniability’…..they are something for Democrat simpletons to quote as ‘see….I told you so!’

2. Giving a wink and a nod to other similar outlets, PolitiFact was awarded a Pulitzer Prize in 2009, pretty much authorizing other news organizations to get on board, such as CNN and the Washington Post. If you believe that a Pulitzer Prize is a mark of authenticity, remember, these were the folks who gave Walter Duranty and the NYTimes the prize for lying to the world while their idol, Stalin, starved ten million to death.

3. The value of these fake fact-checkers to the lies that allow the Democrats to alter the course of the nation is beyond calculating. America had the finest healthcare in the world, Americans had the greatest life spans, and lots of folks came here when they needed care, and the huge majority of Americans were very happy with it….but Democrats and their fact-checkers saw a way to grab a major chunk of the economy. With lies.
English is tough for you third world fucks;

Rederick – Where rhetoric is using words in a clever way to persuade others to accept an idea, rederick is the use of words that include half-truths and untruth to purposely cause an emotional negative reaction, emphasize differences to an extreme, create bias, bigotry, and unrest.

Fact-checking Trump???
Really.....as though those arbiters of 'facts,' of 'truth' are in any way that????

Nope. Far from it.
Here’s why: The Right speaks the truth, and is never wrong, and those ‘fact-checkers’ are the modern version of Izvestia and Pravda.

4. “The 2013 “Lie of the Year” was something Obama had been saying for five years: “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.” Conveniently, PolitiFact didn’t even call this a full “lie,” let alone the biggest of the year, until after Obama had faced voters for the last time and he was insulated from any blowback. In 2009 and again in 2012, PolitiFact did check the oft-repeated declaration, rating it “half true” both times. During the 2008 campaign, it declared it to be “true.” The first time PolitiFact checked it, it entitled the piece “Obama’s Plan Expands Existing System.” Angie Drobnic Holan, “Obama’s Plan Expands Existing System,” PolitiFact, October 9, 2008, http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/ oct/09/barack-obama/mas-mas-plan-pands-exist-system/.tem/.

That piece says of the lie, “Obama is accurately describing his health care plan here. He advocates a program that seeks to build on the current system, rather than dismantling it and starting over.”

In its conclusion, PolitiFact doubled down on the regurgitating of Democratic campaign talking points: It remains to be seen whether Obama’s plan will actually be able to achieve the cost savings it promises for the health care system. But people who want to keep their current insurance should be able to do that under Obama’s plan. His description of his plan is accurate, and we rate his statement True.”

The only time one should ever….EVER….accept a fact-checker as telling the truth is when it verifies what the Right is saying.

To put it another way…. Rule #1 Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.
You do not like fact checkers because they expose you.

While I might note that the OP and the other five or so posts I have planned will rip you a new one, it is hardly a very high bar to attain.

When will I ever....EVER.....find an opponent who can mount a cogent argument......certainly not this dunce.
Calling someone a dunce is a cogent argument? I guess we see who the dunce is here.

The Right speaks the truth, and is never wrong
Surely you don't believe this do you??? I mean come on, I strive to be as honest as possible and I am often wrong. And my mistakes usually occur when I take a story, from the left or right, and run with it on face value. I do think social media or any other outlet "fact checking" anything is usually a farce but that statement from you defies logic.
Gramps, I'd ask you to seriously consider the possibility that she's not kidding. That she really believes it. She and they speak only The Truth, and she and they are never wrong.

And then I'd ask you to consider the big picture ramifications of that, in a country of myriad opinions and perspectives and experiences and ideas.

Is that a good, constructive, American view to maintain?

Last edited:

Surely you don't believe this do you???

I mean come on, I strive to be as honest as possible and I am often wrong. And my mistakes usually occur when I take a story, from the left or right, and run with it on face value.

I do think social media or any other outlet "fact checking" anything is usually a farce but that statement from you defies logic.

You're free to post examples.

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

ok then, pick one of these lies and tell us how its true and not a lie.

While you are searching for any lies by Trump.....see if there are any....ANY....on this level:

Nothing Trump has prevaricated about amounts to a hill of beans compared to these examples:

1. Obama told illegal aliens to go and vote, saying "When you vote, you're a citizen yourself."

2. After promising that Iran would never get nuclear weapons, Obama guaranteed them nukes.

October 7 2008, in the second presidential debate: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table"

The first is an attack on America, the second, on all of Western Civilization.

NEXT!
1) President Obama encouraged "illegal aliens" to vote and said there would be no consequences if they do.
2) Iran never made nuclear weapons during obama years.

Snopes???

You're proving my point about the lying 'fact-checkers."

Watch me rub your face in the lie:

She says 'I' after making clear that she is speaking for illegal aliens.

Transcript:

RODRIGUEZ:
Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting.

[And that is who she is speaking for!]

So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?
[Who would come for legal citizens voting?????????]
OBAMA:
Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself.

[Just like you.....a bald-faced liar!]

And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera.

[Meaning: 'Go ahead and vote....no one will be the wiser!']

The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

[Meaning, I guess....if you are living with lots of other illegals...well, heck, at least some of you should go vote! After all....Trump is trying to get rid of you illegals!]

Thats an edited video, here is the actual unmolested video

As far as investors business daily, they have a mixed record in factual reporting and are right biased.

If you are born in this country, that makes you a citizen. Voting or not voting in no way 'cancels' your citizenship. Therefore, the phrase 'when you vote, you are a citizen yourself' is in no way directed towards people who are already citizens. By process of elimination, if he's NOT referring to citizens, he must be referring to...............? C'mon, you can do it.

No, this video does not show Obama urging undocumented people to vote

So where did all the confusion come from? Well — we blame interviewer Gina Rodriguez in part for this.
Rodriguez, best known for her starring role in “Jane the Virgin,” refers broadly to a fear of voting among “millennials, Dreamers [and] undocumented citizens,” failing to articulate that — while all these people may be concerned about immigration rumors — the millennials are the only ones of the bunch who actually cast a ballot. It’s also confusing that both she and Obama say “citizen,” but mean it in totally opposite ways: She’s referring to undocumented immigrants (“I call them citizens because they contribute to this country”) and he to people who are here legally (“when you vote, you are a citizen yourself”).

Still, you’d have to willfully misinterpret the whole exchange to come away thinking that Obama was encouraging voter fraud. Which is, incidentally, the exact sort of work that channels like “Wake Up America” thrive on (!).

For millennials, born in this country, their citizenship is NOT conditional to whether or not they choose to vote. Therefore, the phrase 'when you vote, you are a citizen yourself' is in no way directed towards people who are already citizens. Geez, the mental gymnastics needed to be a liberal is exhausting.

Certainly 'daring' of you to point that out......thank you.

But.....the liars don't actually believe what they say.

"The deniers first deceive themselves that they are sincere in their adherence to falsehoods. Thus they cannot be faulted for acting on genuinely held views. But in truth, they have cultivated an ignorance of the facts, what Thomas Aquinas called ignorantia affectata. An ignorance so useful that one protects it at all costs, in order to continue using it in one’s own self interest. This ignorance is not exculpatory, but inculpatory. Forgive them not, for they know full well what they do.' RICHARD BADALAMENTE

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

I wouldn't mind fact-checking, if it worked both ways.

But if you are only going to fact-check people you don't like, then I have a problem with that.

That's the point of the thread: they aren't 'fact-checkers.'

They're Democrat apparatchiks just as 'journalists' are DNC stenographers with press passes.

Fact-checking Trump???

[...]

So your defense of Trump and the Right is to 'kill the messenger' and, your old stand by, attack Obama? I noted that you didn't even try to defend Trump from the thousands of accusations of lying that Politifact has put out. I'd guess that for every lie you say Obama told in his campaigns and presidency I could provide 10 that Trump has told.

Were you able to find a response to the OP that brought you slithering in?

No?

Everything in the post is 100% true, accurate and correct?

Excellent.

Dismissed.

While you are searching for any lies by Trump.....see if there are any....ANY....on this level:

Nothing Trump has prevaricated about amounts to a hill of beans compared to these examples:

1. Obama told illegal aliens to go and vote, saying "When you vote, you're a citizen yourself."

2. After promising that Iran would never get nuclear weapons, Obama guaranteed them nukes.

October 7 2008, in the second presidential debate: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table"

NEXT!
No, Obama did not call illegals to vote.

Another ruight wing lie.

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

NEXT!
Explain how the nuclear agreemrnt with Iran guaranteed them a nuke.

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

So says a Trump worshiper. Trump, who has told over 18,000 lies and misleading statements since taking office.

So, lets look ast the ACA. Show me where it controls provider networks? Read the part where any plan in existence at the bill signing can continue.

Quit thinking your ignoramnce is my lie.

"So says a Trump worshiper."

Worshiper????

It's Democrats who referred to their candidate as god, Jesus, and the messiah.

Rule #2
To know what the Left is guilty of, just watch what they blame the other side of doing.

2a. If not for double standards Liberals would have no standards at all.
Must be it, why else would you support a fraud, con man, business cheat, adulterer, liar, woman abuser.

republicans called obama the messiah, not democrats.

and lets discuss your aca lies that you ran away from.

Fact-checking Trump???

[...]

So your defense of Trump and the Right is to 'kill the messenger' and, your old stand by, attack Obama? I noted that you didn't even try to defend Trump from the thousands of accusations of lying that Politifact has put out. I'd guess that for every lie you say Obama told in his campaigns and presidency I could provide 10 that Trump has told.

Were you able to find a response to the OP that brought you slithering in?

No?

Everything in the post is 100% true, accurate and correct?

Excellent.

Dismissed.

NEXT!
No, Obama did not call illegals to vote.

Another ruight wing lie.

Of course he did.

It's on video.

Stop lying.

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

NEXT!
Explain how the nuclear agreemrnt with Iran guaranteed them a nuke.

NPR said it did.

So did everyone not a liar.

That leaves you out, huh?

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

So says a Trump worshiper. Trump, who has told over 18,000 lies and misleading statements since taking office.

So, lets look ast the ACA. Show me where it controls provider networks? Read the part where any plan in existence at the bill signing can continue.

Quit thinking your ignoramnce is my lie.

"So says a Trump worshiper."

Worshiper????

It's Democrats who referred to their candidate as god, Jesus, and the messiah.

Rule #2
To know what the Left is guilty of, just watch what they blame the other side of doing.

2a. If not for double standards Liberals would have no standards at all.
Must be it, why else would you support a fraud, con man, business cheat, adulterer, liar, woman abuser.

republicans called obama the messiah, not democrats.

and lets discuss your aca lies that you ran away from.

I didn't vote for Bill Clinton....you did.

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

Well put!!!

Thank you!
Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.

LOL
"The Right speaks the truth, and is never wrong,..."

“Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it.”
― Voltaire
And they're serious.

They have been conditioned by their thought masters to conflate fact with one-sided, incomplete opinion.

It's funny, but it's not funny.

Rather than get off your adipose derriere, and post any examples to support your flaccid opinion, you have simply continued to be our best source of greenhouse gases.
Moderates are just like leftists, except that they're bigger snakes.

Hhhhiiiiissssss.

I love it that the only way for you to defend the lies of the Right is to divert attention by attacking the Left. Isn't that like saying, "sure we're terrible liars but just look at the other side". Not much of a defense now is it?
Imagine the intensity of a pathology so powerful that you really believe you're infallible, never wrong.

The profound question to me is, how far deep this goes in their subconscious. Is it just the game-playing of hardcore partisan ideologues, only half serious? Or is it a Trumpian case of narcissistic personality disorder, in which they essentially believe anything that comes out of their mouth in real time because it buttresses their brittle self esteem?

As I observe this stuff here, that's one of the most fascinating questions for me. Maybe THE most fascinating.
I think many people long for a powerful, all-knowing, infalleable, father figure. There have always been politicians or religious cult figures willing to take on that position. Some are good but some are not.

9. Remember the mission of those ‘fact-checkers:’ either hide or verify every lie of the Democrat Party. So when the evils that the Right warned about came to pass….whose fault was it? Not the Democrats.

You lost your healthcare insurance?

Policy can cancelled???

“…your mean employers might switch your plan or an evil insurance company could, but that would all be natural and would have nothing to do with the law. Sure, the law might make things a little worse, but it would for your own good, you stupid American, because, “on balance” you’d “benefit from the law’s provisions.”

By the next year, with reality looking it in the face and 5 million people receiving cancellation letters for their medical insurance plans, PolitiFact, after declaring it “true” once and “half true” twice, said that Obama’s “promise was impossible to keep.”
Angie Drobnic Holan, “Lie of the Year: ‘If You Like Your Health Care Plan, You Can Keep It,’” PolitiFact, December 13, 2013, PolitiFact truth-meter/article/2013/dec/dec/lie-year-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keepit/.

And Hussein tried soooo hard!

No admission that it was simply a bald-faced lie from the start.
I love it that the only way for you to defend the lies of the Right is to divert attention by attacking the Left. Isn't that like saying, "sure we're terrible liars but just look at the other side". Not much of a defense now is it?

What lies?
Trump said if you want a test you can get a test. I know several people who have been unable to be tested to this day.

That's it????

What are you muttering...."must-defend-party....."

Get back under the rock.
So how many lives were lost to the virus because tests were unavailable? I guess you can ignore those lives just as you ignore Trump's lies. What you have made clear is that the Right doesn't need fact-checkers since they don't seem to care about the truth.

Actually I think that applies to you and many Trump supporters but not the Right in general. I think there is still a majority of the GOP that have to hold their noses and cover their ears when it comes to Trump.

You are to intelligent discourse what the coronavirus is to public health.

I look forward to seeing your picture on a milk carton.
I accept your surrender.

Fact-checking Trump???

Nope. Far from it.
Here’s why: The Right speaks the truth,
NEVER? lol pussie.
Lying sack of crap just like trumpstain.
Nov 2020, (D) wins unless the right wing Cheats, again.

Surely you don't believe this do you??? I mean come on, I strive to be as honest as possible and I am often wrong. And my mistakes usually occur when I take a story, from the left or right, and run with it on face value. I do think social media or any other outlet "fact checking" anything is usually a farce but that statement from you defies logic.
Gramps, I'd ask you to seriously consider the possibility that she's not kidding. That she really believes it. She and they speak only The Truth, and she and they are never wrong.

And then I'd ask you to consider the big picture ramifications of that, in a country of myriad opinions and perspectives and experiences and ideas.

Is that a good, constructive, American view to maintain?
Only God and machines are never wrong. I wonder which one she is?

Forum List

Back