The Republicans filibuster for Big Oil

Why do you lie?

QUOTE]

Why doesn't Obamma list the energy legislation he proposed or sponsored when he was a politician in Illinois? California has been trying to legislate increased energy efficiency standards. If he did nothing for his home state, why will he be succesful for the country?

That post is so scary.......

Example, you retards posted, "obama flipped on offshore drilling". I had to hear it from Randi that he only would agree to it if the oil companies agreed to sell some of it directly to America and not on the world market.

That would have given us substantial relief. The GOP shot that idea down.

They only want Exxon to sell it on the world market and that would lower prices a few PENNIES!!!

They got you where they want you Allie. Dumbich.

Example, you retards posted, "obama flipped on offshore drilling". I had to hear it from Randi that he only would agree to it if the oil companies agreed to sell some of it directly to America and not on the world market.

That would have given us substantial relief. The GOP shot that idea down.

They only want Exxon to sell it on the world market and that would lower prices a few PENNIES!!!

They got you where they want you Allie. Dumbich.

Where's the proof that this is true, stupido?

Where's the proof that this is true, stupido?

I watch CSPAN stupid. Do you?

You'll just tell me I'm showing you a liberal source so piss off. All of you.

I love it when all your buddies come on and you all sound like Rush got you worked up today. etadik

I don't have to prove you're wrong when you make wild accusations, dipshit. It's up to you to prove that what you're saying is true.

And you can't. They're lies, and you know it, and you're too lazy and stupid to even make the most nominal effort to legitimize your crazy leftist loon rhetoric.

I don't have to prove you're wrong when you make wild accusations, dipshit. It's up to you to prove that what you're saying is true.

And you can't. They're lies, and you know it, and you're too lazy and stupid to even make the most nominal effort to legitimize your crazy leftist loon rhetoric.

God I'm trying to wake you up. Can you explain to even yourself how Exxon went from $8 billion to $41 billion?

They said they buy oil at $140 a barrel and passed the increased costs on to the consumer. That doesn't account for why gas doubled. So I know that they went from making 8 cents on every dollar to making 9 cents on every dollar. You are ok with that, and that's fine with me.

But then you don't know how much they pay the government for oil they pump out of the ground? One of your buddies admitted yesterday that the contract was probably signed years ago, before oil prices went up. So he understands what I'm saying. You don't.

So this is why it is not a good idea to give the oil companies more land. At least not at $56 dollars a barrel.

And I'm sure you googled your fat ass off and you can't find the answers either. Rush never explained this? Well Randi Rhodes did. I dare you to call her. She will drink your milkshake!

Why do you lie?

QUOTE]

Why doesn't Obamma list the energy legislation he proposed or sponsored when he was a politician in Illinois? California has been trying to legislate increased energy efficiency standards. If he did nothing for his home state, why will he be succesful for the country?

What has Chaney done? How much power does a State Senator have? How good has Chaney been for the last 60 years?

How much was oil when Obama was a State Legislature?

I heard it on NPR.

That's not proof, ding dong.

Ha! They lie too? Forget about me stupid. Find out for yourself what they pay per barrel. Save yourself! Leave me behind!!!

LOL.

Hey, I work for "the man". One of the worlds Billionaires. And I'm about to call Atlantic Oil Company and try to sell something to them.

I don't know if any of you are in sales, but ever notice the oil companies never buy shit? They probably don't employ a lot of people either. Just executives and field workers. I wonder how much the field workers make. I bet not that much. And they work their asses off. But it's the exec's who deserve the $20billion salaries, right? LOL. :cuckoo:

omg I asked for the person in charge and a lady named Allie answered the phone. I just hung up!!!

You need help, little fellow.

And no, saying "I heard it on NPR" does not suffice as evidence. You would know this if your brain was just a few centimeters bigger.

Bobo, do the oil companies pay the US anything for the oil they pump out of the ground? I understand that they lease the mineral rights and are free to sell them as they please as long as they pay for the lease and pay their tax on profit.

Heh, they also must pay oil royalties if profits go above a certain threshold. I might have to rethink my position on windfall taxes...it almost is beginning to sound like a phrase made up by the pc crowd to help corporations avoid paying their fair share.

TEXT OF STORY

Bob Moon: Big oil stands to make billions of dollars in windfall profits from the royalty concessions it gets from the federal government -- read that "the American taxpayers." That's the bottom line of a report released today by the Government Accountability Office.

During the 1990's Congress gave oil companies a pass on royalty payments in order to encourage deep-water drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and many in Congress regret it.

Marketplace's Sarah Gardner reports.
Sarah Gardner: Drilling for oil in deep water is expensive and risky, so back in 1995, Congress waived royalty fees on Gulf of Mexico drilling to encourage it. Those fees would kick in if oil prices rose above a certain threshold.

But for two straight years in the late 90s, the Interior Department mistakenly omitted the price trigger clause from a thousand offshore leases, and now, an oil company lawsuit is challenging the government's authority to impose price triggers at all.

Frank Rusco led the GAO report and says the omissions and litigation could add up to big losses for taxpayers.
Marketplace: U.S. could lose billions in oil royalties

Bobo, do the oil companies pay the US anything for the oil they pump out of the ground? I understand that they lease the mineral rights and are free to sell them as they please as long as they pay for the lease and pay their tax on profit.

There are laws that the GOP Congress passed between 2002-2005 (forgot the year) that gave them guarantees.

Can I find the links? No. Is that a problem that none of us know exactly what they pay? I say it is.

You understand or you know?

Now you are making me want to find the facts. I'll find them for you. Not these other people who drive me insane.

There are laws that the GOP Congress passed between 2002-2005 (forgot the year) that gave them guarantees.

Can I find the links? No. Is that a problem that none of us know exactly what they pay? I say it is.

You understand or you know?

Now you are making me want to find the facts. I'll find them for you. Not these other people who drive me insane.
Read my next post...apparently, Congress gave them a pass in the 90s and now the Dems are trying to take that pass away...and we as a country lose billions of dollars in royalty payments. Plus, the freaking Republicans want to give the oil companies the option to screw us out of even more money.

Why don't we just let them drill and clear that argument from the table?

Read my next post...apparently, Congress gave them a pass in the 90s and now the Dems are trying to take that pass away...and we as a country lose billions of dollars in royalty payments. Plus, the freaking Republicans want to give the oil companies the option to screw us out of even more money.

Where is your post?

Forum List

Back