The Republican Party is Now the Party of Working Class Americans

I have long been thinking this is the case. The unions have abandoned most working class Americans interests and are just another special interest group now. I guess it started when they began hiring college management majors instead of solely promoting from within in the AFL-CIO.

Quotes Breitbart - still thinks he ought to be taken seriously. Hilarity.

Let's look at that one, again:

Screen-Shot-2019-10-16-at-5.57.29-PM.png

Let's realize, it doesn't tell us anything about the inhabitants, their income, wealth or poverty. For that, we'd need GDP per capita. It may well be that (mostly urban) blue Congressional districts are bigger, and have grown since 2008, while (mostly rural) red districts are smaller by population size, have lost population, and thus economic activity (GDP).

To build on that a ... "theory" that the GOP - the most devoted servant of the plutocracy - is the party of the working class is ludicrous. Breitbart, of course, knows better. But they also know that their audience isn't just too dumb to detect the lies, they are also most eager to hear them. And so the clickbait is being brought into circulation, and the Trumpletons diligently spread it. Good doggies...

The white working class is identifying with the GOP on cultural issues.

If you’re looking at it in an economic framework, then you’re not understanding what is going on.

Your own chart shows that Red Districts tend to be poorer and less affluent.

The idea of being for the working class is to make working people MORE affluent, not less.
With a five trillion dollar income, you'd think that the government would be able to expand the liberal area's that get their affluence from the government.

The actual idea is NOT to make a single group of people more affluent but to make the entire nation as a whole more affluent.

Democrats turned on the American worker when our sexual predator President, Bill Clinton, signed NAFTA and opened our borders. The initial boon to the stock market, which Clinton took full credit for, turned out to be a curse for every American worker. The crooked stock market and the crooked multinationals are the only ones that benefitted from the slave labor NAFTA created

The white working class is identifying with the GOP on cultural issues.

If you’re looking at it in an economic framework, then you’re not understanding what is going on.

So, looking at a chart depicting "GDP per congressional district" "in an economic framework", I somehow do not understand... something?

Yep, those "cultural issues". There was a time, I am sure, when cultural issues wouldn't include corrosion from within – the rot, the viciousness, the lassitude, the ignorance." (Mattis aptly paraphrasing Lincoln.)

In the age of Trump these would form the core of some of the white working class identification with the GOP.

boulderdash....poppycock...and guffaw....

~S~

Lol, what a bunch of resentful bullshit.

If we graphed the total number of chess rating points per person we would get a similar distribution to the 'Reality', and it would not reflect what everyone would think it would be.

Why? Because the top 1% of people who excel in any endeavor are far far more times effective than the average person who probably doesnt even know all the rules, much less strategize about anything.

How many people save for retirement? Few, and why is that? Because it is a boring topic and they dont care. The average person wants to spend money and not save money. And as we all know, accumulated wealth is the result of saving your money and not spending it. So about one third of Americans retire and have $0 saved, the next third has about $30,0000 saved and the top third has about $90,000 saved. The top 10% put away about $1 million. Is that fair? Totally because they managed their own money and had the freedom to be smart or stupid with it.

But back to the OP. Look at the top CEOs in any industry and they are Democrats almost without exception. They know that to network well today, the Democrats do it best.

~S~

If we graphed the total number of chess rating points per person we would get a similar distribution to the 'Reality', and it would not reflect what everyone would think it would be.

Why? Because the top 1% of people who excel in any endeavor are far far more times effective than the average person who probably doesnt even know all the rules, much less strategize about anything.

How many people save for retirement? Few, and why is that? Because it is a boring topic and they dont care. The average person wants to spend money and not save money. And as we all know, accumulated wealth is the result of saving your money and not spending it. So about one third of Americans retire and have $0 saved, the next third has about $30,0000 saved and the top third has about $90,000 saved. The top 10% put away about $1 million. Is that fair? Totally because they managed their own money and had the freedom to be smart or stupid with it.

But back to the OP. Look at the top CEOs in any industry and they are Democrats almost without exception. They know that to network well today, the Democrats do it best.

Meadowmuffins!

and THIS is why>>>

percentage-of-millionaires.jpg

~S~

~S~

It truly doesnt matter how much money ya have ..its super easy to piss it all away

Thiers example after example of Lotto winners and famous coloreds easily pissing away millions ....
I have a couple bucks I like to live well but I don't live crazy
Some people just can't handle money

Some just dont care ...can't take it with ya

Thier was one poster bitching about his ss....covers his Bill's lives off of 600 a month
Fretting over his benefits and Medicade..

Should of thought about saving a few bucks when he was younger ..

Your own chart shows that Red Districts tend to be poorer and less affluent.

The idea of being for the working class is to make working people MORE affluent, not less.

They have been doing it, you ever seen the upstate of South Carolina when the Democrats where in control? Nothing but farm land, now it's all industry.

Greenville is booming right now. I live in Simpsonville and fixing to move after over 22 years. To many people moving here. Oh, and we are still conservative.

Tramp won by the skin of his teeth and Mi won't vote for tramp again. They learned their lesson.
Trump was outspent almost 2-1, Hillary owned the media, and Trump was a non politician with zero ground game.

The media is more left wing, but Trump has reportedly built a superb ground game, has more cash than the entire clown car, and has a record that ensures 99% voter loyalty.

But be honest... Democrats show their desperation and fear daily, and they don't even pretend to hide it.

And most of them are Globalists.
and that is relevant how Jimbo?
~S~
They dont really belong/subscribe to any party other than their own Globalist agenda.

Look at what they did to the Democratic Party; it is a disgrace how the workers defender party has turned into the worst party of all, full of corporate cronyism and thieves.

That is how it is relevant.

Talk me through disparity of income being highest in Democrat run areas.
Democrats Win Control Of The Wealthiest Districts, But Also The Most Unequal

It doesn't look all that egalitarian to me. It kinda resemble a share cropping operation.

Equality speaking and all...since Dems is all about equality and the workin man.

Again, just coming to the conclusion you are some kind of retard...

The reality is, the Blue States are FAR more affluent than the Red States, which are just a Third World Country for White People.

With a five trillion dollar income, you'd think that the government would be able to expand the liberal area's that get their affluence from the government.

The actual idea is NOT to make a single group of people more affluent but to make the entire nation as a whole more affluent.

I agree. Unfortunately, the folks in the REd State are happy not being affluent, so long as they got their bibles and their guns and they don't have to cotton to no queers or nothin'.

In short, People in red states are ... kind of stupid.

I agree. Unfortunately, the folks in the REd State are happy not being affluent, so long as they got their bibles and their guns and they don't have to cotton to no queers or nothin'.

In short, People in red states are ... kind of stupid.
Well, now I know you're a liar, or have a very twisted outlook on the United States.

Any state that would rather earn and produce what they have over the taking of handouts from the government is a state with far better character and morals. There is far more to life than affluence.

Forum List

Back