The Republican/Conservative Misery Offensive.

Looking at a thread that starts off with, "The glaring evidence that Obamacare is a catastrophic FAILURE continues to mount".

To me, it's a matter of perspective. To me, pissing away trillions on Tax Cuts where the money might even have been used to move jobs to China was a catastrophic failure and the first salvo in the misery offensive. The trillions lost in Iraq and the tens of thousands of maimed and dead. Second salvo in the "misery offensive". The nearly two thousand dead from neglect after Katrina.

Then all the minor skirmishes. Blocked jobs bills, 24 billion lost from a government shutdown, the downgrade and so on.

Republicans are going to pay for what they've done. Eventually.

Higher insurance premiums higher insurance deductibles cancelled policies you were told you could keep lost doctors you were told you could keep many people who think they have insurance but don't because the payment part of the website still does not work right and more on the way next year as the employer mandate kicks in. This misery brought to courtesy of president Obama and the Democratic party by the passing of Obamacare on a straight party line all Democrat no Republican votes.

Other than the cherry picked Saudi propaganda from FOX, what indicators are you using to come up with this conclusion?

Your whole premise is based on far left propaganda so how did you come up with your conclusions?

Oh that's right it is DNC programming.

Looking at a thread that starts off with, "The glaring evidence that Obamacare is a catastrophic FAILURE continues to mount".

To me, it's a matter of perspective. To me, pissing away trillions on Tax Cuts where the money might even have been used to move jobs to China was a catastrophic failure and the first salvo in the misery offensive. The trillions lost in Iraq and the tens of thousands of maimed and dead. Second salvo in the "misery offensive". The nearly two thousand dead from neglect after Katrina.

Then all the minor skirmishes. Blocked jobs bills, 24 billion lost from a government shutdown, the downgrade and so on.

More far left propaganda!

yep. The Incredibly Shrinking Party and they say we just don't understand :rofl: They had 6 yrs, not months, of complete control of the gov't and what did they do? Not much good, thats for sure.

There's no running.

The ACA is becoming more and more popular. More people are enrolling.

Come November 2014? It's going to be a hit.

Not according to any known data that exists. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. But, hey, if it makes you happy, keep telling yourself that. :)

What data?

It's not any data that you folks are interpreting correctly.

Many folks that say they don't like the ACA will also say they wanted single payer.

Additionally when asked if they want it repealed? They will say no.

And among that hate it..basically hate it, because of who passed it.

When the question is phrased differently, would you rather have the ACA or do you think lifetime caps are a good thing? Or do you want insurance companies to be able to kick people out of their plans for having pre-existing conditions?

They respond favorably to the ACA.

Seriously..I hope the people running, read "data" the same way you folks do in 2014.

Should be a fun night!

Sorry...but no. Please read. :)

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

There's no running.

The ACA is becoming more and more popular. More people are enrolling.

Come November 2014? It's going to be a hit.

Not according to any known data that exists. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. But, hey, if it makes you happy, keep telling yourself that. :)

What data?

It's not any data that you folks are interpreting correctly.

Many folks that say they don't like the ACA will also say they wanted single payer.

Additionally when asked if they want it repealed? They will say no.

And among that hate it..basically hate it, because of who passed it.

When the question is phrased differently, would you rather have the ACA or do you think lifetime caps are a good thing? Or do you want insurance companies to be able to kick people out of their plans for having pre-existing conditions?

They respond favorably to the ACA.

Seriously..I hope the people running, read "data" the same way you folks do in 2014.

Should be a fun night!

Opposition to the new health-care law also hit a record high in the survey, with 57 percent saying they oppose the president’s most significant domestic initiative. Forty-six percent say they are strongly against it. Just a month ago, as the enrollment period was beginning, the public was almost evenly divided in its assessments of the law.

Obama?s ratings tumble after health-care flaws - The Washington Post

Um, no.

I am a mental health professional. One of the first rules in my profession is you never argue with
someone regarding anything related to their delusional system. They get very angry, very quickly.

"There, there, Mr. Sallow, it's alright....everybody loves Obamacare. It's the greatest. Now let the nice nurse give you some medicine....it might taste a little funny, but you'll be feeling better in no time." :)

ANOTHER self-professed, mental health "professional" :rolleyes: Your childish username & racist user title gave you away :thup:

Dude really.

Mainly your focus is on getting rid of government subsidies for the poor.

Other than that? Everything else is lip service.

Really?

Provide a link to any post where I supported invading any country .

Provide a link to any post where I supported the military industrial complex.

Still waiting.............

Still waiting for what?

The majority of the focus of your posts is for wiping out the social safety net.

You give lip service to our huge military every so often, but if a conservative was in power?

We wouldn't hear much from you folks.

Well it's become quite clear that Republican/Conservatives took the information gleaned by their multiple losses and are using it to keep up a "Misery Offensive". Basically that's the only thing that worked in 2010. That's when Conservatives convinced most of the nation their lives were going to be SO MISERABLE as a result of Democratic policies that they had better elect bat shit crazy tea party candidates to thwart the effort. This produced the Sequester, 42 attempts to repeal the ACA, a government shutdown that cost the economy 24 billion dollars, 55 actual bills being passed through congress (A record low), a slowing of hiring, cutting of vital services to the needy nation wide and 11 million people with legal statuses in limbo. They did all that, and turn around blame Democrats. Well that didn't work in Virginia or New York which both went Democrat. The only Republican winning big was Christie and that may well be because he showed he could work with Democrats to solve problems.

This should have been an indication that making life miserable for people and then blaming your opponents is not good governance and doesn't win elections. There are several bills in the house that if passed would make life better for people. Raising the minimum wage, the immigration reform act and the farm bill. What do Conservatives want to do?

Keep on making people miserable.

Let's see how that works come 2014.

:lol:

Yes, also known as the right’s ‘Gloom ‘n’ Doom’ Offensive, the consequence of conservatives having nothing of value to offer with regard to sound policy or responsible governance.

Instead they maintain a tedious, steady drumbeat of negativity and bad news; the goal of which is to create a false perception among voters, and to ‘blame’ democrats by inference.

Well it's become quite clear that Republican/Conservatives took the information gleaned by their multiple losses and are using it to keep up a "Misery Offensive". Basically that's the only thing that worked in 2010. That's when Conservatives convinced most of the nation their lives were going to be SO MISERABLE as a result of Democratic policies that they had better elect bat shit crazy tea party candidates to thwart the effort. This produced the Sequester, 42 attempts to repeal the ACA, a government shutdown that cost the economy 24 billion dollars, 55 actual bills being passed through congress (A record low), a slowing of hiring, cutting of vital services to the needy nation wide and 11 million people with legal statuses in limbo. They did all that, and turn around blame Democrats. Well that didn't work in Virginia or New York which both went Democrat. The only Republican winning big was Christie and that may well be because he showed he could work with Democrats to solve problems.

This should have been an indication that making life miserable for people and then blaming your opponents is not good governance and doesn't win elections. There are several bills in the house that if passed would make life better for people. Raising the minimum wage, the immigration reform act and the farm bill. What do Conservatives want to do?

Keep on making people miserable.

Let's see how that works come 2014.

:lol:

maybe true Sallow....out here we have had the Democratic version of what you are talking about.....so how are Democrats any better than Republicans at Governing?....where i sit they both suck....

I was just in California.

My mom moved to San Francisco. I couldn't believe how pretty that city is..

And lots of happy folks sitting in parks, waiting in LINES to get into restaurants and driving around is new cars.

No one seemed miserable.

I'm mostly happy because of the weather and diversity here in southern california. Repubs, being for the most part negative at least from my experience, will look for the worst and consider it the norm.

repubs care more about their own offices than the people who voted them into said offices. They will not hesitate to put those people through as much misery as it takes to make them think it wasn't the repubs fault.

did I mention that Antares is full of himself?

(smile) Did you want to make the case for swallow that the ACA is NOT responsible for the individual plans being cancelled?

I eagerly await your "proof".

;)

Individual plans were cancelled & renewed yearly before the ACA became law. The plans just weren't that good. 60% of bankruptcies were due to medical bills and many of those even had *cough* "insurance". You never had any procedure denied by an insurance company? you must not get out much :lol:

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN.com

Medical Bills Are the Biggest Cause of US Bankruptcies: Study

Txdlmr3.png

Last edited:
Higher insurance premiums higher insurance deductibles cancelled policies you were told you could keep lost doctors you were told you could keep many people who think they have insurance but don't because the payment part of the website still does not work right and more on the way next year as the employer mandate kicks in. This misery brought to courtesy of president Obama and the Democratic party by the passing of Obamacare on a straight party line all Democrat no Republican votes.

Other than the cherry picked Saudi propaganda from FOX, what indicators are you using to come up with this conclusion?

Your whole premise is based on far left propaganda so how did you come up with your conclusions?

Oh that's right it is DNC programming.

What's with you and this far left thing? My big complaint is Obama is maybe too moderate. I think far left would be advocating for nationalizing certain industries such as oil and coal and using the proceeds to fund education and a real national health care which I'm for. The ACA is pretty much a republican plan originally till Obama took it over and now it's radical communism to you guys.

Forum List

Back