The religious myth of forgiveness is a gift to yourself

Laughter is one thing.

Insane giggling and cackling..that's something altogether different.

Laughter is one thing.

Insane giggling and cackling..that's something altogether different.

Let's see. And from your omnipotent position posting you can tell who is giggling or cackling and who is laughing?

Which one of us is supposed to be crazy?

No matter what I say in this thread you people will spew hate on it.

Its how you opperate

answer my question and I won't spew hate on it as long as your not hateful toward me in your answer.

I'm non-religious yet I forgive people often. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to say.

How does forgiving someone who did something bad/wrong have anything to do with religion?

quit trying to order me arround

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg]Do it! Do it! Do it! - YouTube[/ame]

laugh3.gif

I think its a religious myth

Why would you want to drag religion into a human emotion?

Atheists don't forgive?

You're cracked, but I forgive you.
:cuckoo:

Forgiving someone of something is done more your own sake than theirs.
It eases your mind of the anger and frustration even if you never speak to that person again.

It has absolutely nothing to do with faith or religion.

Are you really that much of a hateful festering boil of shit that you never forgive?
You've made it clear that your not religious, so that means you aren't capable of forgiveness.

You're in my prayers.
:eusa_pray:

Ok TM....I'm still waiting to find out when i said you had a hate list....found it yet?????

Liesmatters never answers question. Never......

So dont hold your breath :tongue:

It's too bad you can't even refer to TM by her name.

Why are you criticizing me?

...And what was that you were talking about empathy? Try it sometime.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/219908-empathy-training.html

Ok TM....I'm still waiting to find out when i said you had a hate list....found it yet?????

Yeah I'm still waiting for an apology from her for lying about something I never said.

Won't. Never. Happen.

Her theme song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg]A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sure you're right...or she's just still looking for it! Lol! I honestly don't remember saying anything like that to her, so i'd really like to see it. But, it looks like it's just more crap talk.....

Lack of forgiveness results in self harm. It results in bitterness, anger, and resentment. It is like guzzling down a bottle of poison hoping someone else will die. The end result is that it affects you, your perceptions, your attitudes, your spirit and those around you. Forgiveness is not the same thing as condoning the actions or behavior.

Too much not accepting the old tired norms that rose out of religions need to be the all knowing all seeing is why you people dont like what Im trying to say.

Think things out.

its good for you

good advice. i recomend you take it

Last edited:
why do you think religion seems to try and take the intellectual process out of forgiveness?

The christian religion actually requires you to think about it. It makes you think about how you feel towards people and asks that, as an individual, you think hard about how to forgive someone.

your premise for this question on this is false in my opinion.

I think its a religious myth

I'm non-religious yet I forgive people often. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to say.

How does forgiving someone who did something bad/wrong have anything to do with religion?

Id like to know how letting go of bitterness isnt a gift to ourself as well.

I think forgiveness is actually more beneficial to the forgiver than the forgivee....holding on to anger is very bad for our health.

I'm sure you're right...or she's just still looking for it! Lol! I honestly don't remember saying anything like that to her, so i'd really like to see it. But, it looks like it's just more crap talk.....

Liesmatters is a liar. Simple as that.

Lack of forgiveness results in self harm. It results in bitterness, anger, and resentment. It is like guzzling down a bottle of poison hoping someone else will die. The end result is that it affects you, your perceptions, your attitudes, your spirit and those around you. Forgiveness is not the same thing as condoning the actions or behavior.
Right. It's not complicated.

Forum List

Back