The religious myth of forgiveness is a gift to yourself

Lack of forgiveness results in self harm. It results in bitterness, anger, and resentment. It is like guzzling down a bottle of poison hoping someone else will die. The end result is that it affects you, your perceptions, your attitudes, your spirit and those around you. Forgiveness is not the same thing as condoning the actions or behavior.

Forgiveness is the same thing as condoning the actions. Forgiveness is saying ... yes, i am alright with what you did.....ill just let it go an move on.

You can let things go and move on...without forgiving anyone anything.

Lack of forgiveness results in self harm. It results in bitterness, anger, and resentment. It is like guzzling down a bottle of poison hoping someone else will die. The end result is that it affects you, your perceptions, your attitudes, your spirit and those around you. Forgiveness is not the same thing as condoning the actions or behavior.

Forgiveness is the same thing as condoning the actions. Forgiveness is saying ... yes, i am alright with what you did.....ill just let it go an move on.

I'm not alright with most of what those whom I've forgiven have done, though. When I forgive, I don't necessarily condone. When I forgive I am not allowing those who have wronged me to continue to hurt me endogenously.

Last edited:

No forgiveness is not the same thing as condoning.

No, forgiveness is not the same as condoning. Not by a long shot.

You can forgive people for criminal acts, for example. I have heard people say they forgive the people who killed loved ones, for example....but in no way condone their actions. Justice should always be served, but that doesn't mean you can't forgive a person for their actions, even criminal ones.

Just don't tell them they're forgiven.
Do it for yourself
:cool:

Whether they deserve it or not is beside the point. The question is whether you are going to carry around hate and resentment and anger at someone your whole life, or are you going to try to let it go?

Because it is an intellectual process and most religions try to make an emotional one that is an emotional benifit to the forgiver.

Its a myth.

To really forgive you have to understand.

You can find peace without having to forgive.

They were wrong not you.

why should it eat at the harmed that the person who harmed you is so bad they dont deserve forgivance?

Hate and desire for retribution is what tears people up.

You can give hate up and retribution and still not forgive.

This HAS TO be why you're such a hateful person. You have to learn to forgive and love yourself before you can show forgiveness and love to someone else.

What's happened to you to make you so bitter toward other people? If someone doesn't agree with you on ANY subject they're automatically on your "hate" list. I can't imagine what your life is really like.....it sounds pretty sad!

Pride

carli you are just like most of the christains I know, completely unable to live within the religion you chose

I'm a Christian....but i have NEVER said i was perfect. God knows i'm not, He doesn't expect me to be. He also doesn't expect Christians to put up with fools (yes, it's in the Bible).

Has she ever read the Bible?

carli you are just like most of the christains I know, completely unable to live within the religion you chose

I'm a Christian....but i have NEVER said i was perfect. God knows i'm not, He doesn't expect me to be. He also doesn't expect Christians to put up with fools (yes, it's in the Bible).

Has she ever read the Bible?

I really don't think so....but if she did, with her mind, it should be pretty entertaining to hear about!!

Forum List

Back