The Raw Math of Saving the American Economy

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
"A living wage for everyone" is the opposite side of the same coin that says: "I don't want public healthcare/why aren't people buying more of my products?".

In the first scenario, the raw math says that there will be less people employed. In the second scenario, the raw math says there will be less people employed as demand keeps declining from the squeezed family budget.

There is one culprit I named in all this, which, if remedied, would solve the American Economic Downslide.

I mentioned it. Can you guess what it is? If you remedy that one component, the economy would start to grow. Essentially and undeniably, there is one industry that is demanding the rest of the country go down the economic tubes so its CEOs and shareholders can make bank. It will sacrafice the lamb in order to cling to its massive wealth.

Discuss.

"A living wage for everyone" is the opposite side of the same coin that says: "I don't want public healthcare/why aren't people buying more of my products?".

In the first scenario, the raw math says that there will be less people employed. In the second scenario, the raw math says there will be less people employed as demand keeps declining from the squeezed family budget.

There is one culprit I named in all this, which, if remedied, would solve the American Economic Downslide.

I mentioned it. Can you guess what it is? If you remedy that one component, the economy would start to grow. Essentially and undeniably, there is one industry that is demanding the rest of the country go down the economic tubes so its CEOs and shareholders can make bank. It will sacrafice the lamb in order to cling to its massive wealth.

Discuss.

Essentially and undeniably, there is one industry that is demanding the rest of the country go down the economic tubes so its CEOs and shareholders can make bank.

Term limits, now!

Essentially and undeniably, there is one industry that is demanding the rest of the country go down the economic tubes so its CEOs and shareholders can make bank.

Term limits, now!

I wasn't aware CEOs of Big Healthcare and Big Pharma were elected by the people. Oh, you mean the stockholders? The United States of stockholders. Or USS.

Term limits, now!

I wasn't aware CEOs of Big Healthcare and Big Pharma were elected by the people. Oh, you mean the stockholders? The United States of stockholders. Or USS.

there is one industry that is demanding the rest of the country go down the economic tubes so its CEOs and shareholders can make bank.

Sounds more like the Federal government to me.

there is one industry that is demanding the rest of the country go down the economic tubes so its CEOs and shareholders can make bank.

Yes, BigHealth and BigPharma are nearly indistinguishable from the federal government. Correct. What else could explain a "country's" manifest willingness to commit fiscal suicide for just one industry?

Yes, BigHealth and BigPharma are nearly indistinguishable from the federal government. Correct. What else could explain a "country's" manifest willingness to commit fiscal suicide for just one industry?

We spend less than 2.5% of GDP on pharma. Big government wastes more than that.

I recall in about 2006-7 I could go to the .gov website and click in to see where the majority of the taxpayers money is going. I don't have the exact figure but I do recall it was over eighty percent that .gov paid out in insurance of the entire budget. That would be loan guarantees, employee insurance and so forth. Shortly after beginning to take a serious look and without copying down the web pages they changed the search options so you could not look and see who was doing what.

There was all kinds of weird places that the money congress put out that was supposed to go to local communities that were out of place. Like New Jersey getting money that belonged in rural communities in various states including in the midwest. That search capability also disappeared after I started putting links out for people could see where the money was supposedly going. Maybe someone just entered the logs in error on that money that was set aside for local work throughout the states?

Federal government can't grow jobs. They can set policies though that could allow for people to organically grow small business enterprises. Get rid of all these guarantee programs and insurance programs and let the people decide where and how to get the country back on her feet.

..Federal government can't grow jobs. They can set policies though that could allow for people to organically grow small business enterprises. Get rid of all these guarantee programs and insurance programs and let the people decide where and how to get the country back on her feet.

Yes and one policy would be "hey small business, you no longer have to pay for health insurance for your employees. No more workman's comp either. We decided to tax sodas, tobacco and booze instead to create a superfund for that" and... "hey middle income families, you no longer have to pay for health insurance premiums and deductables. You can take that money equivalent of a second mortgage and go spend it in the marketplace to create more jobs for yourselves."

The entire economy would change overnight if this was implemented. But the US will commit fiscal suicide before its true leadership takes its grip from around our collective throats..

Forum List

Back