What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ramones

Tommy Tainant

Gold Member
Reaction score
On the BBC as I type. One of the great American bands.

Do they get respect in the States ?

westwall

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not as much as they deserve. I was at this concert. I was working in the desert at the time so it was a fairly short trip.

OP
Tommy Tainant

Tommy Tainant

Gold Member
Reaction score

Not as much as they deserve. I was at this concert. I was working in the desert at the time so it was a fairly short trip.

Tidy, I never got the chance to see them, you are very lucky. But I remember hearing them for the first time and thinking "wtf is this". One of Americas gifts to the world.

playtime

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Excellent little article about them from Rolling Stone you may wanna check out. Did you know?

'...The Ramones formed in 1974 after the foursome graduated or left high school in Forest Hills, New York. The original lineup featured Joey on drums, Dee Dee sharing guitar with Johnny, and Tommy as manager, but they soon settled on their recording setup. Their name and pseudonym came via Paul McCartney, who had briefly called himself Paul Ramon back when the Beatles were the Silver Beatles....

The Ramones Biography

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ramones are still played on main-stream radio, but they only play Blitzkrieg Bop and I Wanna Be sedated

playtime

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ramones are still played on main-stream radio, but they only play Blitzkrieg Bop and I Wanna Be sedated

I hear 'rock n roll high school' occasionally. however the syndicated radio program with steven van zandt...

'little steven's underground garage' plays a lot of them.

Last edited:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$505.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List