What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Queers Left Behind: How LGBT Assimilation Is Hurting Our Community’s Most Vulnerable

metalwolf

Gold Member
Reaction score

. Here, a motley crowd of queer homeless youths — who definitely could not afford admission to Dance on the Pier — decided to throw an impromptu party of their own. With the bass from the Ariana Grande concert pulsing in the background, the youths — male, female, cisgender, transgender, gay, lesbian, bisexual, black and Latino — drank, smoked, sang, vogued and played cards under the dim light of the street lamps.

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The premise of the article fails as a post hoc fallacy.

That gay and transgender Americans have been successful in realizing their comprehensive civil rights and have managed to neutralize many of the laws and measures which sought to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans has nothing whatsoever to do with LGBT youth who are homeless, who have been victims of crime, or who are subject to poverty.

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score

That gay and transgender Americans have been successful in realizing their comprehensive civil rights and have managed to neutralize many of the laws and measures which sought to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans has nothing whatsoever to do with LGBT youth who are homeless, who have been victims of crime, or who are subject to poverty.
they weren't disadvantaged--that's bullshit like RACISM/POLICE brutality

OP
metalwolf

metalwolf

Gold Member
Reaction score
they weren't disadvantaged--that's bullshit like RACISM/POLICE brutality

I knew of a transgender/crossdresser/non binary homeless who sat by a McDonald's parking lot and the trans/crossdresser/non binary person isn't there any more.

But a real tough type homeless person actually bragged to me that he hurt the homeless transgender person.

I feel i should have had my phone on record mode at the time so i could have taken the recording of him bragging that he hurt the transgender person and liked it when the person screamed. to be able to turn the recording over to the police. I am feeling sick that he would harm a member of the LGBT community.

I wonder if he bragging about it is why i threw up the other day.

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Reaction score

Well it's the HuffPo......one of your sides favorite sources...they couldn't possibly be wrong.........and you know they have to make up more bullshit to keep the crusade alive!!!!!

OP
metalwolf

metalwolf

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well it's the HuffPo......one of your sides favorite sources...they couldn't possibly be wrong.........and you know they have to make up more bullshit to keep the crusade alive!!!!!

Here are better sources.

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can a small comet just hit NYC ??
We can only pray

OP
metalwolf

metalwolf

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it a same-sex roommate or do the youth just need their own space for their own things?

I saw some study that crossdressers/transgenders who are homeless are at risk of being victimized.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List