The Queers are at it again!!!!!!!!

The word perversion is marked with immorality.

How many people have been to Italy? I was there a few months ago and it's very common for sitting men to have an arm around one another and for women to hold hands. Not to say these people are gay, but I thought it was socially progressive none-the-less.

Also how many here are opposed to interracial marriage? Did you know only 30 years ago in some states it was illegal?

You're not REALLY going to go the comparing homosexuality to race route are you?

Race is a proven, more-often-than-not visible genetic trait. Racism is ignorance of fact, and hatred of difference.

Homosexuality is abberant behavior. It isn't acceptable to drop your pants in public and take a crap. Matter of fact we have laws against it. Does it hurt anyone? No. Is it aberrant behavior? Yes.

Picking your nose in public isn't socially acceptable. Does it hurt anyone? No. Is it aberrant behavior? Yes.

Being drunk in public is aberrant behavior, and against the law. Does it hurt anyone? Not in and of itself.

Being black in public is not behavior .... it's a state of being based on genetics. Kinda' like being bald in public.

There's no comparison between interracial marriage and homosexuality.

Homosexuality is abberant behavior. It isn't acceptable to drop your pants in public and take a crap. Matter of fact we have laws against it. Does it hurt anyone? No. Is it aberrant behavior? Yes.

Are you seriously comparing taking a crap in public to being homosexual? Goto India, all they do is crap in the streets lol. Anyway, go take a crap in the street, see if you can still get married, I bet the next day you could. Because homosexuals lead an alternate lifestyle that means they shouldn't be able to get married?

The topic of interracial marriage is a sound comparison. A majority of americans felt that blacks were unfit to be wed to whites, and thus made it illegal. And today in every state in the country it's illegal for gays to get married because bigots have passed laws against it. There isn't one good reason why somebody's significant other can't be allowed visitation rights, or marital tax benefits, or insurance claims, or inheritance rights, but there's an organized bigotted movement out there that denies millions of people these things.

The real issue is the US is full of free will bigots, especially men, who reject and deny their own sexual desires on a consistent basis. When polled the most strongly anti-homosexual men in the US are also quite honest about being the most tempted to have sex with another man. A you should know with free will bigotry comes hypocracy.

I KNOW you didn't say that, I said that.:confused:

So, its agreed then, with BOTH like women.

I'm not suggesting anything, I'm ASKING a question. But, to YOUR question of gays secretly or openly liking women. Actually, some gays DO like women, but NOT in a sexual way, and one man choosing another man over a woman IS PERVERTED.

Clear?
Women are great. They're understanding and easier to talk to than men. However, I don't find them sexually attractive.

There is no evidence period that homosexuality is anything BUT aberrant behavior.

There is no proof whatsoever of your assertion. Your opinion is noted.

The existence of homosexual behavior is in and of itself evidence of homosexual behavior.

But is it a learned behaviour...?

Without homosexuality being manifested by behavior, it really doesn't exist, does it?

You feel the same way about hetrosexuality...

Also how many here are opposed to interracial marriage? Did you know only 30 years ago in some states it was illegal?

That's true. Unfortunately, Loving v Virginia (along with cases finding it unconstitutional to prohibit purchase of condoms by married couples and Roe v Wade's protection of reproductive choice) was decided based on the right to privacy which right-wingers hate so very much and have set out to destroy.

There isn't one good reason why somebody's significant other can't be allowed visitation rights, or marital tax benefits, or insurance claims, or inheritance rights, but there's an organized bigotted movement out there that denies millions of people these things.

The only problem with that statement is that they are NOT being denied those benefits. They can easily visit a lawyer and have documents drawn up to protect themselves.

They want benefits just like you and I, but I'm sorry, those who engage in this vile and disgusting behavior are not like me.

The only problem with that statement is that they are NOT being denied those benefits. They can easily visit a lawyer and have documents drawn up to protect themselves.

They want benefits just like you and I, but I'm sorry, those who engage in this vile and disgusting behavior are not like me.

You can't sign any paper giving them each others' social security benefits and other benefits.

defining their behavior as "disgusting" is YOUR moral judgment and while you're free to hold it (although I think that kind of hatred and disrespect are kind of weird) it doesn't give you or anyone else the right to limit others' rights.

There are some who think intermarriage is disgusting. My answer to them..... .tough.

You can't sign any paper giving them each others' social security benefits and other benefits.

defining their behavior as "disgusting" is YOUR moral judgment and while you're free to hold it (although I think that kind of hatred and disrespect are kind of weird) it doesn't give you or anyone else the right to limit others' rights.

There are some who think intermarriage is disgusting. My answer to them..... .tough.
The idea that one can 'assign' their social security benefits to anyone other than spouse seems wrong. My understanding is that one can also do this with a 'significant other', no? If not, gays are being treated fairly. If so, why can't I assign them to my adult child that may be living with me? I know it would help me a lot if my dad could leave me his, as my mom is gone, lol. Actually considering how much $$$ and effort has gone into taking care of first both parents, then the remaining one, I should get both?

The idea that one can 'assign' their social security benefits to anyone other than spouse seems wrong. My understanding is that one can also do this with a 'significant other', no? If not, gays are being treated fairly. If so, why can't I assign them to my adult child that may be living with me? I know it would help me a lot if my dad could leave me his, as my mom is gone, lol. Actually considering how much $$$ and effort has gone into taking care of first both parents, then the remaining one, I should get both?

One CAN'T assign to anyone but a spouse. Hence the argument that a gay couple can "by signing a piece of paper" is a fallacious one. I think I said that, no??

One CAN'T assign to anyone but a spouse. Hence the argument that a gay couple can "by signing a piece of paper" is a fallacious one. I think I said that, no??

That was the reason for my first question, then the 'if so' they are being treated fairly with civil recourses.

What are your views on Melissa Etheridge and her two children, Bailey Jean and Beckett? Her original partner, Julie Cypher, has an interesting biography. Apparently, she could not decide if she was lesbian or not. (As if it matters).?

SOooooooooooo, your reason for posting it?

Anyway, Miss Etheridge and her new partner (spouse), Tammy Lynn Michaels, announced the birth of Michaels’ two children. Since she has children to care for, should she and her partner receive tax benefits??

you're confusing me, are they partners, or married (spouse)?

Melissa Ethridge is also battling breast cancer. What a survivor. Wait – could it be punishment from God for her being a Lesbian – sort of like the way he punished Ryan White for getting AIDS. People said that he or his parents must have been Gay. Otherwise he would not have gotten AIDS – God’s punishment for gay people. ?

I have no idea. Nobody really does. But your using that to bash Christians (hmmm, yea, you the supporter of freedom of speech, unless its a Christian speaking, and the "compassionate" one, is similiar to claiming all of Islam is bad because of the terrorists ( who do NOT practice islam) My question is why do you use that technique of judging on Christians, but not on homosexuals, or other groups you support.???

You don’t hear much about her relationships these days. I don’t see much in the news about Elton John and his partner. After Great Brittain allowed gay unions, by listening to the “Doom and Gloom" rhetoric of the religious right, you would think that the British isle would have sunk into the Atlantic ocean by now. Oh. Elton is probably doing just fine.?
Yea, probably what Nero said while Rome was burning. That arguement is sooooo bad, you surprise me by using it. Of course the degragation of society is a long slow process because it involves the gradual erosion of values. You cant point to any one of them and say "its" the cause, it requires MANY of them.
Now, my question is, did England sink into the Atlantic when same sex marriages were not granted? So, using your arguement, I guess that situation was ok too.

How is Mr. Cheney’s daughter’s pregnancy coming along?

Fine I guess. Wolf Blitzer, the coward got shot down by VP Dick Cheney pretty good the other day. The Coward asked a very inappropriate question and Wolf blamed it on "your critics often say..."
which is just a COWARDS way of asking the question for themselves.

What are your views on Melissa Etheridge and her two children, Bailey Jean and Beckett? Her original partner, Julie Cypher, has an interesting biography. Apparently, she could not decide if she was lesbian or not. (As if it matters).?

I’m simply trying to say that it just does not matter. People choose homosexuality. People choose heterosexuality. People change their minds. If you find someone (a soul mate) that you connect with that is all that really matters.

Originally Posted by mattskramer Anyway, Miss Etheridge and her new partner (spouse), Tammy Lynn Michaels, announced the birth of Michaels’ two children. Since she has children to care for, should she and her partner receive tax benefits??

Some people like the word “married” some people like the word “spouse”, some people like the word “partner”. For all practical purposes, it means the same thing. I’m just covering all bases. It is like saying Merry Christmas to Christians and Seasons’ Greetings to non-Christians as not to offend anyone.[/QUOTE]

Melissa Ethridge is also battling breast cancer. What a survivor. Wait – could it be punishment from God for her being a Lesbian – sort of like the way he punished Ryan White for getting AIDS. People said that he or his parents must have been Gay. Otherwise he would not have gotten AIDS – God’s punishment for gay people. ?

I’m just calling it like I see it. Many Christians have called AIDS a curse from God. They have even said that because Ryan got AIDS, his family must have been particularly sinful.

I believe in free speech – even for Christians. Also, if I see cruel violent behavior from any group I would criticize it.

You don’t hear much about her relationships these days. I don’t see much in the news about Elton John and his partner. After Great Brittain allowed gay unions, by listening to the “Doom and Gloom" rhetoric of the religious right, you would think that the British isle would have sunk into the Atlantic ocean by now. Oh. Elton is probably doing just fine.

The issue of gay marriage will not be a factor at all with respect to the success of GB or the USA. It is totally insignificant. If Gay marriage is allowed, nothing will change. If we outlaw Gay marriage, nothing will change. The anti-gay-marriage people are making such a big deal of it that it is laughable.

The issue of gay marriage will not be a factor at all with respect to the success of GB or the USA. It is totally insignificant. If Gay marriage is allowed, nothing will change. If we outlaw Gay marriage, nothing will change. The anti-gay-marriage people are making such a big deal of it that it is laughable.

If its such an insignificant issue then why do liberals and gays keep trying to push their agenda?
You could just as easily say that the pro-gay-marriage people are making such a big deal that it is laughable....

It's just queers we're talking about isn't it? American queers, international queers, individual queers and the rights they expect? I don't believe for a second they are asking for any rights beyond my own. They want to get married? Find a church or synagogue or mosque or any other temple of whatever god they believe in that is willing to marry them. The state should have no say in that marriage and the state should have no say or argument in the legalized sanctity of that marriage other than to say that individual rights must be protected regardless of sexuality issues.

Pretty simple case of protecting individual rights as far as I am concerned.

Psychoblues

It's just queers we're talking about isn't it? American queers, international queers, individual queers and the rights they expect? I don't believe for a second they are asking for any rights beyond my own. They want to get married? Find a church or synagogue or mosque or any other temple of whatever god they believe in that is willing to marry them. The state should have no say in that marriage and the state should have no say or argument in the legalized anctity of that marriage other than to say that individual rights must be protected regardless of sexuality issues.

Psychoblues
Wow Psycho, we agree. The state is not the solution to this problem, right? Go to churches, synagogs, mosques, whatever one calls Wiccan churches?

Actually, Kathianne, we agree on a helluva lot more than that single issue. You, however, are persuaded by the dark side that preaches less government while demanding more government, that preaches governmental accountability while demanding more loopholes, that preaches individual rights while stifling rights to organize or vote, that preaches the benefits of globalization while closing down avenues and ideologies that are proven beneficial to the global population. I could go on and on but these are but a few of the reasons I no longer can in good conscience vote for a Republican.

But, anyhoo, thanks for the recognization that we CAN agree on something. I'll give you an "A" on that.

Psychoblues

Wow Psycho, we agree. The state is not the solution to this problem, right? Go to churches, synagogs, mosques, whatever one calls Wiccan churches?

Dig that!!!!! The ******* wanted a raise in pay in Memphis, then demanded at least consideration for equality then got their asses handed to them by the assasination of the most peaceful man that ever lived, Martin Luther King. Imagine that?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

I hate to tell you this, but most blacks are SERIOUSLY OFFENDED when you compare their civil rights to gay rights. SERIOUSLY offended. Besides, its plain stupid, illogical and doesnt make sense,,,oh wait, that was psycho posting that,,,never mind.

It's just queers we're talking about isn't it? American queers, international queers, individual queers and the rights they expect? I don't believe for a second they are asking for any rights beyond my own. They want to get married? Find a church or synagogue or mosque or any other temple of whatever god they believe in that is willing to marry them. The state should have no say in that marriage and the state should have no say or argument in the legalized sanctity of that marriage other than to say that individual rights must be protected regardless of sexuality issues.

Psychoblues

Marriage is not a right, its a privledge.

Also, denying two people to get married, is not denying individual rights, a marriage requires TWO people, hence it is ALWAYS denying the privledge of two people, never just one.

Forum List

Back