The quality of threads and debates has dropped on this board

Absolutely. No 'side' has a monopoly on stupidity.

Perhaps not a monopoly, but I do see the left here as mostly mindless automatons. Most of the leftist posters on the board recite slogans from the hate sites, but have no ability to discuss the meanings of those slogans.

I honestly don't think those of the Rinata, Rdean, Chris, Jillian, Shaman, et al. caste have any ability to formulate a thought. I don't see the blind repetition of mindless talking point as much on the right. It happens, but it is the exception. With the left on this board, getting an actual thought out of any of them is a very rare exception.

Used to be really fun to debate on here. Is this a normal decline around election time? There are so many Jerry Springer style topics now that earnest debate is rare unless a thread is derailed.

you control freaks always get upset over this. you don't mind the pathetic bullshit you post because that kind of lonely hearts club drivel suits you.

why don't you join one of those cooking sites, or the dating sites for old shriveled up losers?

aarp is on line 1...

The irony of you negin me for complaining about threads while you're complaining about mine. Classic

Thanks for the neg. Tells me the thread was spot on.

Used to be really fun to debate on here. Is this a normal decline around election time? There are so many Jerry Springer style topics now that earnest debate is rare unless a thread is derailed.

There used to be much more independent thought and not as much talking pointers and gotcha threads.

The thread topics were more like "How do you feel about..." or "What are your thoughts on..."...Now they are "Look at how this thing So-and-so supposedly said was spun by this person/website I agree with".

I missed debating the issues and exchanging/defending actual position.

But in the new era of gotcha politics and talking point memos, those days may be gone.

you control freaks always get upset over this. you don't mind the pathetic bullshit you post because that kind of lonely hearts club drivel suits you.

why don't you join one of those cooking sites, or the dating sites for old shriveled up losers?

aarp is on line 1...

The irony of you negin me for complaining about threads while you're complaining about mine. Classic

you don't get IT do you? but that's okay.

you're not negged for the reason(s) you assume. :eusa_shhh:

aarp is on line 1...

You are the only one who has neged me and I took your excuse you wrote in the box at face value. If you have a specific point beyond that be an adult and spit it out.

There used to be much more independent thought and not as much talking pointers and gotcha threads.

That's a common perception, but doesn't really reflect reality. The quality of discussions is as good (and bad) as it's always been. What has changed is you (not you specifically, but anyone afflicted with this particular misconception). The good discussions are there to be had by those willing to put in the time and effort. But after a while that willingness wanes and the temptation to engage in tomfoolery becomes too great to resist. In short, good debate is available, you're just not that interested in it anymore.

That's a common perception, but doesn't really reflect reality. The quality of discussions is as good (and bad) as it's always been. What has changed is you (not you specifically, but anyone afflicted with this particular misconception). The good discussions are there to be had by those willing to put in the time and effort. But after a while that willingness wanes and the temptation to engage in tomfoolery becomes too great to resist. In short, good debate is available, you're just not that interested in it anymore.

There is some merit to that theory Mani.

After you've engaged the same topic and posted the exact same argument for the umpteenth time, your enthusiasm does wane.

You are the only one who has neged me and I took your excuse you wrote in the box at face value. If you have a specific point beyond that be an adult and spit it out.

playing with you and the idea that you just don't get what a control freak you are.

the quality of threads and posts here can be viewed any way depending on what a member wants to see.

It is what it is. just deal with it.

:eusa_whistle:

There is some merit to that theory Mani.

After you've engaged the same topic and posted the exact same argument for the umpteenth time, your enthusiasm does wane.

True dat.
I find that I have a natural time span of interest on a site.

Mind you, I've learnt a lot on this board.
Oddly enough my education seldom comes directly from posts by members but from research initiated by some of the more outrageous claims made...you know, when you read something and go "Surely that can't be right".

gawd, mani. TMI

:redface:

I have started multiple threads lately about serious topics with valid points contained within. They just drop like rocks on the list. I presume because they're not controversial enough. The extreme idiots on this site seem to be able to direct the debates with their nonsensical threads.

Ps. You're being dishonest.

That's the reason that people don't want to explain their ideas and positions to you. That you don't recognize it is just amazing.

I don't get answers or honest debate because everyone is either too stupid to deepen a discussion or they simply don't want to out of fear of appearing to agree with the opposite side. And then there are the extremes on both sides which is what you highlighted and apparently don't think exists.

I wonder why? Lol

I think that calling people extreme idiots does not promote civility. That's all I meant.

I agree. The intellectual level of some of the threads here at the moment is, well.... just laughable.

Oh, please. You are constantly disrespecting people and calling them names when they don't agree with you. You're not the only one but you are the absolute worst.

The hate and sarcasm from the right has reached new levels here. I thnk the OP knows that and so do you. What's with all of the game playing?? You want to debate??? Sure, you do. :rolleyes:

Okay, HERE is an example of what I see as a new comer here, and to be fair, it happens on all boards.

Some people are just irrational and incapable of a real discussion, that has NOTHING to do with political ideology, so why do you , and others, pretend it does? Stop blaming it on conservatives and pretending like liberals don't do it to, or visa versa. I assure you both sides do it.

I am not pretending anything. And I didn't say both sides don't do it. I was just pointing out an observation, that's all.

That's the reason that people don't want to explain their ideas and positions to you. That you don't recognize it is just amazing.

Thing is Rinata, you don't really have any ideas.

If I want to know your position on a subject, I merely need to log on to ThinkProgress or one of the other hate sites.

Regurgitating slogans is not the same as having ideas.

I don't do that. And you wouldn't recognize an idea if it kicked you in the ass. FYI, I very seldom read anything from TP. But you just know 100% what I do, right??? You don't at all, genius.

Aren't people on the Right taught to believe that people on the Left are not legitimate Americans? This is an old strategy whereby the Right scapegoats the Left by tying them to the national enemy, e.g., McCarthy's black list or Michael Savage calling Obama a secret Islamic operative.

Of course, if you believe the other side is the enemy, as opposed to a fellow citizen, then you would feel justified attacking them. Listen to talk radio. It teaches people to hate the other side.

Remember the rocks that were thrown through Gabby Gifford's office windows? This is part of a larger war against evil liberalism.

The Rightwing punditry tells its listeners to take their country back from the evil force which has stolen it. This is carte blanche to attack liberals.

There can be no debate under these circumstances. Only war.

You don't debate someone who is not a real American. You attack them.

This is not a complicated issue. Listen to Talk Radio. Hate is the point.

Aren't people on the Right taught to believe that people on the Left are not legitimate Americans? This is an old strategy whereby the Right scapegoats the Left by tying them to the national enemy, e.g., McCarthy's black list or Michael Savage calling Obama a secret Islamic operative.

Of course, if you believe the other side is the enemy, as opposed to a fellow citizen, then you would feel justified attacking them. Listen to talk radio. It teaches people to hate the other side.

Remember the rocks that were thrown through Gabby Gifford's office windows? This is part of a larger war against evil liberalism.

The Rightwing punditry tells its listeners to take their country back from the evil force which has stolen it. This is carte blanche to attack liberals.

Patently untrue.

Aren't you doing exactly what you accuse "rightwingers" of doing? Oh you are.

Forum List

Back