The Pussification of Contemporary Fiction

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm currently reading a novel, "NYPD Red," by James Patterson. Of course, it is a police-based novel. The main character, a detective in an elite "special forces" type unit, is newly paired up with a former love interest, who is beautiful, intelligent, and, of course finished FIRST in her class at the Police Academy. His boss in this elite unit is also, of course, a woman, and she is surely going to be Police Commissioner one day, because she is the best, the brightest, and the most worthy person ever to wear a police uniform in New York.

On television, the best, the baddest, the meanest, the most formidable, the smartest, and the highest ranking character ON VIRTUALLY EVERY NEW SHOW is a woman. And if they are not the highest-ranking, then they work for a man-boob who is continually outwitted by the woman-subordinate. Women are shown shooting people - they are the best marks-women, of course - beating up men who are twice their size, climbing up and over the highest obstacles...it never stops.

This same phenomenon has overtaken movie scripts and novels as well as scripted television programming.

This has become so predictable and so obviously absurd that one wonders if the audience will at some point grow sick of it. It is so extreme that it would be impossible to parody.

I've reached the point where I just change the channel...unwilling to suspend my disbelief to the extent necessary to accept these absurdities.

I'm currently reading a novel, "NYPD Red," by James Patterson. Of course, it is a police-based novel. The main character, a detective in an elite "special forces" type unit, is newly paired up with a former love interest, who is beautiful, intelligent, and, of course finished FIRST in her class at the Police Academy. His boss in this elite unit is also, of course, a woman, and she is surely going to be Police Commissioner one day, because she is the best, the brightest, and the most worthy person ever to wear a police uniform in New York.

On television, the best, the baddest, the meanest, the most formidable, the smartest, and the highest ranking character ON VIRTUALLY EVERY NEW SHOW is a woman. And if they are not the highest-ranking, then they work for a man-boob who is continually outwitted by the woman-subordinate. Women are shown shooting people - they are the best marks-women, of course - beating up men who are twice their size, climbing up and over the highest obstacles...it never stops.

This same phenomenon has overtaken movie scripts and novels as well as scripted television programming.

This has become so predictable and so obviously absurd that one wonders if the audience will at some point grow sick of it. It is so extreme that it would be impossible to parody.

I've reached the point where I just change the channel...unwilling to suspend my disbelief to the extent necessary to accept these absurdities.

Maybe this will make you feel better

If you are going to get the most out of some segment of the population after you have beat them down for a few hundred years maybe you have to build them up.

Ask a drill sergeant

I just don't watch newer TV shows nor movies anymore except a select few that don't push the Feminist, LGBT, or Minority agendas. They are few and far between. Most of it is leftist drivel of very low quality.

Last edited:

What happened in your life that made you so resent women?

I just don't watch newer TV shows nor movies anymore except a select few that don't push the Feminist, LGBT, or Minority agendas. They are few and far between.

I don't watch because the writing is shit, the characters flat, and the dialogue insipid. Reruns of "Gilligan's Island" have more intelligence and depth of soul than anything currently on the networks.

Women actually are excellent marksmen.
Over and over you will hear from instructors, women don’t let their ego get in the way, and their hips help, thus their better marksmanship. Now, in need of speed, men tend to do better.

Of course, there are things that women do well. There are strategies by which a woman might "win" a fight with a non-disabled man, but it requires skill and luck. If the fight lasts longer then 5 seconds, the woman is toast.

There are programs that show a realistic representation of what a human woman can do. It does not include knocking a man out with one punch, or winning a wrestling match, or lifting a man off his feet (other than in a quick judo move).

Just finished End Game by David Baldacci. It fit your description nearly to a tee with the tough-as-nails young babe operative paired with the aging alpha male stud killer machine who bears various physical and mental battle scars. They’re hot on the trail of the scoundrels but still figure out a way to get laid, and must report in periodically to the big cheese in DC, a female of course, and on the storyline paralleled the Patterson outline.

Whining about books and movies and still.has the nerve to bitch about "pussification".

You my friend should be the poster child.

Forum List

Back