The Prosecution/Witch Hunt Of John Edwards

Isn't Edwards being prosecuted for using campaign money to pay off his mistress for her silence?

He was found not guilty on one charge and the other 5 charges were dropped. But Edwards never gave her any campaign money.

well, I haven't really kept up with whats happening with him and really don't care..he was just another slimy politician in my book who was deceiving the people while he ran for president..we dodged a bullet with that one

Honorable men don't cheat on their wife while she's dying of cancer.

No, they don't.

But I'm not about to nominate Elizabeth Edwards for sainthood, and most you clowns on the right hated her before you could use her against her husband.

oh for crying out loud, what reason did people have to hate her..She did like Hillary did stood by her hound dog while he ran for President knowing all about his mistress and while she knew she was sick..so she gets no honor medal in my book

Yeah, okay, whatever.

Here's the thing. George W. Bush was a great family man and as far as we know, never cheated on his wife.

The man was an UNMITIGATED disaster as president. He gave us wars, recessions, debt and wrecked investments.

Bill Clinton was a "hound dog".. but for most Americans, we earned good wages, our investments prospored, we largely stayed out of wars, we posted surpluses and so on.

Now, I know this will shock the panties off of you, but what a president does with interns or mistresses or campaign workers really isn't any of your business, and it really isn't any of mine. I don't care how much tail he's getting, as long as he's running the economy well.

We seriously need to grow up as a country.

Isn't Edwards being prosecuted for using campaign money to pay off his mistress for her silence?

He was found not guilty on one charge and the other 5 charges were dropped. But Edwards never gave her any campaign money.

well, I haven't really kept up with whats happening with him and really don't care..he was just another slimy politician in my book who was deceiving the people while he ran for president..we dodged a bullet with that one

If having an affair makes one slimy then we didn't dodge a bullet, JFK,Reagan,Clinton...

I personally thought the prosecuation was over the top. This was the Obama folks deciding to show they can be tough on their own by going after someone the boss really didn't like that much.

If having an affair makes one slimy then we didn't dodge a bullet, JFK,Reagan,Clinton...

I said he was DECEIVING the people while running for President..now I go back to not caring about him..have a good day

Here when the liberals didn't try and cover for Harry Reid and his inference that there was a tie between the death of 7 marines and sequester I had hope for the liberals, they didn't defend him.

But to defend John Edwards a confirmed liar who got others to lie for him? All hope is lost, you should have left this one alone.

Now that Iraq and Saddam is back in the picture to cover for Obama's ME failures let's review what Edwards had to say:

Almost no one disagrees with these basic facts: that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a menace; that he has weapons of mass destruction and that he is doing everything in his power to get nuclear weapons; that he has supported terrorists; that he is a grave threat to the region, to vital allies like Israel, and to the United States; and that he is thwarting the will of the international community and undermining the United Nations' credibility.

Bush couldn't have said it better himself.

Congress was getting it's "intelligence" from the Bush Administration. That is two words you don't hear in a sentence, Bush and intelligence.

But this thread is about the witch hunt of Edwards and who was behind it..

The intelligence was provided to congress by the CIA and was available to congress. Even still what you are proposing isn't much better. That Edward's made his decisions and that statement on what Bush told him. THAT should be condemnation enough for you folks. But considering that it isn't true, that he only knew what Bush told him, I guess you have to stick with what he said.

It wasn't a witch hunt they simply couldn't get a jury to find him guilty and after his admitting to his affair and lying about his child his career was ruined, that as penalty enough.

I personally thought the prosecuation was over the top. This was the Obama folks deciding to show they can be tough on their own by going after someone the boss really didn't like that much.

I believe the investigation was initiated during the Bush Administration.

I believe the investigation was initiated during the Bush Administration.

Yeah, but someone in the Obama Adminstration had to be the one to say, "The man has lost his wife, his family hates him, he's a national joke, but shit, let's prosecute him on a dubious legal charge!"

John Edwards - Reno Town Hall: Two Americas - YouTube

Fifty years from today historians will understand the two most important political moments of the current era were public support for Clinton as he stumbled from pillar to post protecting himself at the expense of the office of the presidency and the re election of Junebug Bush in 2004. Both prove the American body politic is now degenerate, possibly beyond repair.

Then, it was laugh out loud funny watching Joe Biden, Ted Kennedy and the set who went after Clarence Thomas for sexual harassment (based on dubious claims by a lowlife who had hoped to remain anonymous) take EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE tack less than ten years later defending lies a county dog catcher couldn't have survived. It was belly bending hilarious watching Patty Schroeder and Liz Holtzman who are on film during the Thomas hearings saying "The personal is political" make exactly opposite claims on camera defending a pathological liar whose getting porky JAP to suck his dick in his government office went against every word they had ever spoken on the issue for twenty years. Hypocrisy on a scale that caused me to buy a television after 25 or so years ignoring the neon God.

It was less amusing the filthy god damned scum of the earth re elected their spiritual guide-on in 2004. That travesty of electoral politics is evidence the US body politic is dangerously diseased and possibly not fit for survival.

The persecution of John Edwards is additional evidence of the degradation of law, politics, and political life in America. Even Junebug Bush, the man - not the politician - isn't as lowlife as Clinton/Obama grade Democrats when it comes to punishing different points of view.

The best part of Junebug Bush was he understood he could do as he pleased and basically ignored his opposition when he wasn't laughing at them. To date that is Obama's sole strength area, and it tickles me his doing it is hated by the same filthy god damned white trash that celebrated it when Junebug did it.

All decent people can hope is Edwards can somehow escape the machinations of big government being manipulated by Clintonesque scum.

You sound passionate about this...you believe the Clintons were behind this..?

No.

I don't.

One version of the death of Becket has Henry II agonizing rhetorically, "I wish Becket were dead," and a court factotum ending the King's emotional torment by murdering Becket.

That is what is going on with Edwards.

Second tier players advance by correctly guessing what first tier players want and getting it done. My personal opinion is that the Clintons have forgotten John Edwards, little more than a white trash hustler from some rebel state, even exists - because in the Clintons' world of Marc Rich types - amoral globalists, people like Edwards really don't exist.

Forum List

Back