The Proposed "Rubio/Kasich" Ticket. Is This The Winning Combination?

Rexx Taylor

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sarasota, Florida
:ack-1:..This is one of a few "Dream Tickets". But at this point with the need to win Florida/Ohio/Colorado and the other western states, this could be the ticket. Odds are it will poll well in all of the 7 or 8 purple states the GOP will need to win.
Anyone agree? Got a better Ticket?:confused-84:

• Banned
i never believe the Bush numbers when they seem to be keeping him in the top three. who are they voting? just hispanics?

I look at the GOP candidates and see Rubio as the best option to change the face of the GOP and win. When America sees Rubio next to that old tired lying witch...the tables are gonna turn.

:ack-1:..This is one of a few "Dream Tickets". But at this point with the need to win Florida/Ohio/Colorado and the other western states, this could be the ticket. Odds are it will poll well in all of the 7 or 8 purple states the GOP will need to win.

You guys could do worse than that ticket. Winning Florida is a must and I don't think anyone gives the GOP a better shot at Ohio than Kasich; but I doubt that will matter...Clinton is mad popular there.

Governors usually don't take VP. Otherwise it wouldn't be bad. I think Rubio is kinda mediocre personally. He's kinda crashing in the polls recently.

Good ticket! It would give us a chance at Florida and Ohio ;) Just pick up Virginia or Co = winning.

You would actually need Virginia "and" Colorado.

Governors usually don't take VP. Otherwise it wouldn't be bad. I think Rubio is kinda mediocre personally. He's kinda crashing in the polls recently.

Good ticket! It would give us a chance at Florida and Ohio ;) Just pick up Virginia or Co = winning.

I don't think Rubio automatically delivers Florida. .

I don't think Rubio automatically delivers Florida. .

Absolutely not. In presidential years margins in Florida are only decided by about 5% of the voters (in other words it's almost a guarantee each candidate receives ~47% of the vote in a two way race), and even in midterm turnout Rick Scott was only reelected with less than 1%. Florida is also rapidly growing so no two elections are really the same.

As for Marco Rubio, he only won in 2010 due to the awkward three way race with Meek, Crist, and himself, added to the fact that it was one of the largest GOP wave elections ever.

Rubio as a 2016 candidate changes almost nothing in Florida IMO.

Rubio as VP would have a better effect on FL voters than as Pres candidate.

Yeah, he puts the state in play.

I think this is the best ticket the Republicans could come up with, but I would have it reversed with Kasich as the nominee and Rubio as the potential VP. The problem will be for Kasich to get himself known. The other problem is that he is a bit dry, so he is not likely to really excite people, but that may not matter.

Kasich exudes decency, effectiveness, integrity, and kindness.

That may be enough.

Kasich exudes decency, effectiveness, integrity, and kindness.

That may be enough.

If Kasich were the nominee, he might find running on his record as governor to be tougher than it might look on the surface. He cut taxes here, but he cut a lot of spending to do so, most of which was to education. Those tax cuts just got pushed over to the local school districts where every school district in the state has had to come up with millions of dollars to offset the loss of state funding. While he won reelection easily, the Dems did not have a good candidate running against him. With all that said, Kasich is still a better choice for Republicans than just about anyone else, albeit he is probably not much different than Jeb in the overall picture.

Does Kasich think we should invade the rest of the world to make them do what we want?

That is not a sensible response from you, jwoodie, to a good question.

We have no business being the world's policeman. Why should we? Because of ISIL? If Iraqis, Kurds, and Turks won't give their all to fight them, do not expect our good and true hearted Americans to want our men and women to shed their blood for losers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back