The Progs will DENY SCIENCE when it comes to record snowfalls, that havent happened like this over 100 years.

Think about it, the industrial revolution was in full swing when Woodrow Wilson(racist who segregated the government) was in office, during that time tons of CO2 was put into the air, the ratio went from 3 parts per million to 4 parts per million(that is 1/1000000) increase as the Progs say, yet we have record snowfall again, so early in the year. The progs had said that snow would disappear and that was 6 years ago, yet here we are once again, proving that "settled science" isnt really settled. Next time you see a Prog give him the 1 finger salute.

The precipitation tapered off Tuesday night after 7.9 inches of snow at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, shattering the previous record for Oct. 20 of 3 inches, set in 1916, and nearly besting the all-time snowiest October day in the Twin Cities.

tenor.gif
There is difference between weather and climate. Look it up. And while you're at it look up glacier retreats. Note that most glaciers have been here since the last ice age.
Whitechuck_glacier_1973.jpg

Whitechuck_glacier_2006.jpg

Of course glaciers have been growing and retreating since the ice age. But you know this since you got a degree in science, right?
The vast majority of glaciers in the world are retreating at a frightening pace. If the earth is not warming you must have another explanation. I look forward to hearing it...
It's called an interglacial cycle. Had you been present during the peaks of the last three interglacial cycles, would you have been making the same argument? Because glaciers would have been even smaller at those events because the planet was warmer during each of the previous peak interglacial cycles.

So how can you be alarmed by the amount of glaciation today?

Think about it, the industrial revolution was in full swing when Woodrow Wilson(racist who segregated the government) was in office, during that time tons of CO2 was put into the air, the ratio went from 3 parts per million to 4 parts per million(that is 1/1000000) increase as the Progs say, yet we have record snowfall again, so early in the year. The progs had said that snow would disappear and that was 6 years ago, yet here we are once again, proving that "settled science" isnt really settled. Next time you see a Prog give him the 1 finger salute.

The precipitation tapered off Tuesday night after 7.9 inches of snow at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, shattering the previous record for Oct. 20 of 3 inches, set in 1916, and nearly besting the all-time snowiest October day in the Twin Cities.

tenor.gif
There is difference between weather and climate. Look it up. And while you're at it look up glacier retreats. Note that most glaciers have been here since the last ice age.

Of course glaciers have been growing and retreating since the ice age. But you know this since you got a degree in science, right?
The vast majority of glaciers in the world are retreating at a frightening pace. If the earth is not warming you must have another explanation. I look forward to hearing it...
Is NASA a credible source for your "science"?

You may not believe your eyes but I've been to Iceland and seen a glacier that has shrunk by kilometers since man first came to the island. The world is warming.
Yes, for the past 22,000 years.

View attachment 405387

How many species have gone extinct in the last 22,000 years? I don't want to be among them.

tenor.gif

It's called an interglacial cycle. Had you been present during the peaks of the last three interglacial cycles, would you have been making the same argument? Because glaciers would have been even smaller at those events because the planet was warmer during each of the previous peak interglacial cycles.

It's not the amount but the change I fear. Our civilization adapted to this planet at a specific point in time. We build our cities on the coasts we find and farm the land as it is. We may survive dramatic climate change as a species but our civilizations may not.

tenor.gif

You may not believe your eyes but I've been to Iceland and seen a glacier that has shrunk by kilometers since man first came to the island. The world is warming.

View attachment 405387

How many species have gone extinct in the last 22,000 years? I don't want to be among them.
Species have been going extinct since the water showed up on this planet. Being stupid like you, will make you extinct.

maxresdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

View attachment 405387

I don't know. Do you? And do you know how many new species arose over that period?

That sounds like an emotional argument though. Especially since you are able to endure temperature swings from winter to summer. Can you tell me why you would expect to go extinct because of parts per million increase of atmospheric CO2?

tenor.gif

It's not the amount but the change I fear. Our civilization adapted to this planet at a specific point in time. We build our cities on the coasts we find and farm the land as it is. We may survive dramatic climate change as a species but our civilizations may not.
Yes... an interglacial cycle.

You should fear the next glacial cycle more. At the height of the recent glaciation, the ice grew to more than 12,000 feet thick as sheets spread across Canada, Scandinavia, Russia and South America. Corresponding sea levels plunged more than 400 feet, while global temperatures dipped around 10 degrees Fahrenheit on average and up to 40 degrees in some areas.

I don't know. Do you? And do you know how many new species arose over that period?

That sounds like an emotional argument though. Especially since you are able to endure temperature swings from winter to summer. Can you tell me why you would expect to go extinct because of parts per million increase of atmospheric CO2?
I don't care about other species as much as I care about mine.

CO2 is not the problem, it is rising sea levels it may fuel. With less living space available I fear mass famines and wars and the possible collapse of civilization.

tenor.gif

You should fear the next glacial cycle more. At the height of the recent glaciation, the ice grew to more than 12,000 feet thick as sheets spread across Canada, Scandinavia, Russia and South America. Corresponding sea levels plunged more than 400 feet, while global temperatures dipped around 10 degrees Fahrenheit on average and up to 40 degrees in some areas.

Mammoths were well adapted to those conditions. Where are they now?

CO2 is not the problem, it is rising sea levels it may fuel. With less living space available I fear mass famines and wars and the possible collapse of civilization.
Then you shouldn't have asked about the other species in the first place.

Sea levels have been rising for 22,000 years. For the last 6,000 years the rise has been 3 mm/yr. I think you are safe.

Famines, wars and the collapse of civilization? Are you listening to yourself?

tenor.gif

You are worried about DNA mutations and being hunted into extinction?

Then you shouldn't have asked about the other species in the first place.

Sea levels have been rising for 22,000 years. For the last 6,000 years the rise has been 3 mm/yr. I think you are safe.

Famines, wars and the collapse of civilization? Are you listening to yourself?
There are reasons that species go extinct and those reasons may affect my species.

Sea level has risen 75 mm in just the last 25 years. Seems like it is speeding up.

Haven't you watched any zombie movies? Civilization is just a fragile, thin veneer.

Sounds like you only care about yourself ... what you advocate would leave 20% of the world's population without electric service ... no refrigeration, no stoves, not even electric lights so the children can do homework at night ... that's just plain mean-spirited and cruel ... "the coldest part of snowflakes is their hearts" ...

What data we do have in hand only gives us a two foot sea level rise over the next 100 years ... considering we built 45,000 miles of interstate freeways in twenty years, fifty years ago, adding 2 feet to our existing sea walls is trivial ... Japan lost over 800 miles of fifty foot sea walls on March 11th, 2011, and they're a little over halfway replacing those walls ... though the big cost savings there is the government already owns the real estate ...

Meaning your "the sea will cover the Earth" argument is completely bogus ... one guy with one shovel can protect the entire city of Houston in ten short years ...

Humans hunted down and ate every last one of them ... sounds far-fetched but we did have a thousand years to do this ... plus we brought fire with us and burned out the under-growth ... we tend to only think about the mass extinction of the megafauna here in North America when humans arrived, but pretty much the exact thing happen in Australia when we arrived there ...

Sounds like you only care about yourself ... what you advocate would leave 20% of the world's population without electric service ... no refrigeration, no stoves, not even electric lights so the children can do homework at night ... that's just plain mean-spirited and cruel ... "the coldest part of snowflakes is their hearts" ...

What data we do have in hand only gives us a two foot sea level rise over the next 100 years ... considering we built 45,000 miles of interstate freeways in twenty years, fifty years ago, adding 2 feet to our existing sea walls is trivial ... Japan lost over 800 miles of fifty foot sea walls on March 11th, 2011, and they're a little over halfway replacing those walls ... though the big cost savings there is the government already owns the real estate ...

Meaning your "the sea will cover the Earth" argument is completely bogus ... one guy with one shovel can protect the entire city of Houston in ten short years ...

Humans hunted down and ate every last one of them ... sounds far-fetched but we did have a thousand years to do this ... plus we brought fire with us and burned out the under-growth ... we tend to only think about the mass extinction of the megafauna here in North America when humans arrived, but pretty much the exact thing happen in Australia when we arrived there ...
It's impressive how one post could be so wrong. Kudos.

First, I have no clue why you think me mean-spirited and cruel to people when I explicitly said I care about my species?

Building sea walls is not a solution. The Gulf Coast already suffers floods after every hurricane and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Humans did not hunt down and eat every last mammoth, that is not how things work. If prehistoric humans hunted animals to extinction why are there still elephants in Africa? There were millions of bison in North America even though the natives had hunted them for millenia.

First, I have no clue why you think me mean-spirited and cruel to people when I explicitly said I care about my species?

Ah ... then you agree we should substantially increase our CO2 emissions for the humanitarian purposes that would serve? ... many children can't go to school because they have to collect firewood all day so their community can cook their meals ...

Building sea walls is not a solution. The Gulf Coast already suffers floods after every hurricane and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

You're right ... ALREADY we have hurricanes ... every place from Nicaragua to Newfoundland gets hit with a major hurricane every so often ... if these communities don't have sea walls already, they have "other" problems unrelated to global warming ...

Your claim is that sea level rise will be catastrophic ... here's my challenge: go to your closest beach at high tide during the new or full Moon closest to Jan 6th, this typically is the highest tide in any given year ...take a two foot stick and put one end at the place where the highest wave started receding ... then level up the beach and see where that point is ... ha ha ha ... 100 years from now that point won't have reached the first dunes ...

The sad part is we don't build things to last 100 years anymore ... the beach home you build today will have been razed long before the tide catches up ...

Ah ... then you agree we should substantially increase our CO2 emissions for the humanitarian purposes that would serve? ... many children can't go to school because they have to collect firewood all day so their community can cook their meals ...

You're right ... ALREADY we have hurricanes ... every place from Nicaragua to Newfoundland gets hit with a major hurricane every so often ... if these communities don't have sea walls already, they have "other" problems unrelated to global warming ...

Your claim is that sea level rise will be catastrophic ... here's my challenge: go to your closest beach at high tide during the new or full Moon closest to Jan 6th, this typically is the highest tide in any given year ...take a two foot stick and put one end at the place where the highest wave started receding ... then level up the beach and see where that point is ... ha ha ha ... 100 years from now that point won't have reached the first dunes ...

The sad part is we don't build things to last 100 years anymore ... the beach home you build today will have been razed long before the tide catches up ...
First, I have no idea how you connect sea level rise to firewood. Do you?

Second, you have no background in the dynamics of coastlines like those of the US East Coast. Every inch of sea level rise will act to push the barrier islands inland and flood the coastal plains. A rise of a foot may translate to a mile of lost land (I don't know the exact relationship). That is one mile all along the thousand of miles of US coasts. Sea walls will only be a temporary solution.

First, I have no idea how you connect sea level rise to firewood. Do you?

You didn't answer my question ... do you agree we should substantially increase our CO2 emissions for the humanitarian purposes that would serve? ...

Second, you have no background in the dynamics of coastlines like those of the US East Coast. Every inch of sea level rise will act to push the barrier islands inland and flood the coastal plains. A rise of a foot may translate to a mile of lost land (I don't know the exact relationship). That is one mile all along the thousand of miles of US coasts. Sea walls will only be a temporary solution.

That's why we replenish the beach sand there on a regular basis ... we have maps of the coastline from the Revolutionary War ... and we've seen 2 feet sea level rise since then ... and it "may" erode a mile of coastline in a few places, so maybe find out the exact relationship if you're such an expert and coastal erosion ... are you seriously suggesting New York City was two miles removed from the ocean when it was founded? ...

Not a problem on The West Coast ... where mountains meet the sea ...

Forum List

Back