The problem I have with organized religion is...

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
we live in a modern world where everything is so well documented, and yet still, we cannot agree on what happened last week. It’s hard to fathom we can look back in history over thirty thousand years ago and understand what took place. I’m not disrespecting religion. I think it holds value for society and many individuals across the world, but for me personally I have decided to just believe in a higher power and not conform to any particular religion, because I don’t trust man to tell me about what has transpired in the past.

we live in a modern world where everything is so well documented, and yet still, we cannot agree on what happened last week. It’s hard to fathom we can look back in history over thirty thousand years ago and understand what took place. I’m not disrespecting religion. I think it holds value for society and many individuals across the world, but for me personally I have decided to just believe in a higher power and not conform to any particular religion, because I don’t trust man to tell me about what has transpired in the past.

Certainty claims bother me too. I also hate the semi mandatory church attendance. Lengthy prayer requests time can be quite annoying too. The rest I pretty much enjoy. Religious people are pretty pleasant people to have as friends.

I am leaving church in a while but it is only because I know none of it is true. It makes me slightly uncomfortable that I have no clue how we got here and so many people around me know for certain how it happened. I don't like that. That means I am surrounded by liars that lie for some unknown motivation. How can I take them seriously if they are my friends to help me through life? They aren't sane . It makes me vulnerable to bad advice forever.

I have decided to just believe in a higher power and not conform to any particular religion -

as well the recorded history through the ages might also be a motivation behind your choice ... persecution and victimization of the innocent seems their foremost endeavor.

Believe in whatever the hell you want. It's literally what every single person in the world does.

Certainty claims bother me too. I also hate the semi mandatory church attendance. Lengthy prayer requests time can be quite annoying too. The rest I pretty much enjoy. Religious people are pretty pleasant people to have as friends.

I am leaving church in a while but it is only because I know none of it is true. It makes me slightly uncomfortable that I have no clue how we got here and so many people around me know for certain how it happened. I don't like that. That means I am surrounded by liars that lie for some unknown motivation. How can I take them seriously if they are my friends to help me through life? They aren't sane . It makes me vulnerable to bad advice forever.
You should have been a Catholic instead. :lol:

Are you still pushing this BS story? Seriously?

Religion is what ancient humans used to describe the world around them before science came along and explained it for real.

:thanks:

There is no BS story. You are free to believe what makes you feel the best deep inside your soul. Don't get all fussy about what is true and what is not. Just believe lies if it fits your personal narrative. I sent you a PM with the truth.

Last edited:

There is no BS story. You are free to believe what makes you feel the best deep inside your soul. Don't get all fussy about what is true and what is not. Just believe lies if it fits your personal narrative. I sent you a PM with the truth.
Let me ask you this, if you were being subversive would you admit to it?

If you had no proof, would you even know it? Let alone admit to it.

Eventually I would. I am no good at holding on to my lies.

No deitey will ever require my money, in order to exert its will, or achieve its goals...

Much of the activity of some churches make me wonder about who is running the ship. One church is supporting Soros in the Open Borders goals, so why should I give money for a Org who is going against what I believe.

as well the recorded history through the ages might also be a motivation behind your choice ... persecution and victimization of the innocent seems their foremost endeavor.

That's what Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Pol Pot said as they murdered tens of millions. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies. That was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century.

No deitey will ever require my money, in order to exert its will, or achieve its goals...

There are actually some people who live their life in the service of others and who live very frugally. Not many, but there are some. In any event, sometimes they need money to buy materials to build schools, hospitals and churches. Some charitable giving is actually put to good use unlike, say, the Clinton Foundation.

There are actually some people who live their life in the service of others and who live very frugally. Not many, but there are some. In any event, sometimes they need money to buy materials to build schools, hospitals and churches. Some charitable giving is actually put to good use unlike, say, the Clinton Foundation.
I’ve no problem with charity. I give to charity myself. Though I make the decision as to what form that charity will take, and whom recieves it.

That's what Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Pol Pot said as they murdered tens of millions. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies. That was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century.

Every founder of a religion is an atheist.

Forum List

Back