The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Whatever your interpretation is, it does not change the fact that these are the official numbers from the Bureau Of Labor Statistics, for average monthly unemployment during each Presidents time in office. I'm sorry you don't like the numbers, but they are never going to change except for Biden and future Presidents.
The BLS figures are not the problem.

The problem with what you've written is that statistics don't tell the whole story, they don't even get close.

I'm not telling a story or some whole story etc. I've only reported the average monthly unemployment rate for each President while they were in office. People get upset because it does not square with the media, or political party image they have a President they like or a President they love to hate. Its because of that crap that most people don't realize that for 90% of the 8 years Bush was in office, the unemployment rate was consistently low and stable. That low stable unemployment rate contributed to George W. Bush's being re-elected President in November 2004.

The average unemployment rate is one economic statistic. It doesn't tell the whole story at all. But it is an important statistic, especially given the fact that so many people here are crying about it. Its raw fact, and raw fact often does not support images and perceptions created over time by media and political party bias.

Last edited:
I'm not telling a story or some whole story etc. I've only reported the average monthly unemployment rate for each President while they were in office. People get upset because it does not square with the media, or political party image they have a President they like or a President they love to hate. Its because of that crap that most people don't realize that for 90% of the 8 years Bush was in office, the unemployment rate was consistently low and stable. That low stable unemployment rate contributed to George W. Bush's being re-elected President in November 2004.

The average unemployment rate is one economic statistic. It doesn't tell the whole story at all. But it is an important statistic, especially given the fact that so many people here are crying about it. Its raw fact, and raw fact often does not support images and perceptions created over time by media and political party bias.

People get "upset", as you put it, because they understand that one statistic doesn't tell the whole story.

People try and manipulate stupid people by posting one statistic and trying to make out it's everything. That's being dishonest. Also, as you keep pushing this one statistic in the face of others saying you can't do it, it's pretty obvious what you're doing.

People get "upset", as you put it, because they understand that one statistic doesn't tell the whole story.

People try and manipulate stupid people by posting one statistic and trying to make out it's everything. That's being dishonest. Also, as you keep pushing this one statistic in the face of others saying you can't do it, it's pretty obvious what you're doing.

I don't know anyone in this entire thread, who has ever claimed that one statistic tells the whole story. I'm not pushing this one statistic against any other. It's a relevant statistic independent of any other.

Nope, no problems here. Just the average monthly unemployment rate for each President since World War II.
Which has no relationship to a president's policies nor does it show if a president improved employment or hurt employment.

I don't know anyone in this entire thread, who has ever claimed that one statistic tells the whole story. I'm not pushing this one statistic against any other. It's a relevant statistic independent of any other.

Now you're just being dishonest.

Weekly Jobless Claims Increase To 248,000

17 Feb 2022 ~~ By Harry Wilmerding

The number of Americans who filed new unemployment claims increased to 248,000 in the week ending Feb. 12, the Labor Department announced Thursday.
The Labor Department’s figure showed an increase of 23,000 compared to the week ending on Feb. 5, when claims decreased to 225,000.

Weekly Jobless Claims Increase To 248,000

17 Feb 2022 ~~ By Harry Wilmerding

The number of Americans who filed new unemployment claims increased to 248,000 in the week ending Feb. 12, the Labor Department announced Thursday.
The Labor Department’s figure showed an increase of 23,000 compared to the week ending on Feb. 5, when claims decreased to 225,000.
So?

The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Barrack Obama: 8.86%

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%