The President Speaks Of Hope For The Future

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Great words, deep words. I was awed when I just read his words.

Thank you, Mr. President!

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

So far, so good!

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine."

Not bad!

"As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Change that to "As their heirs, may I never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

And we have a winner. Kudos to Valerie Jarrett for writing this for Obama.

Oh, I see you came late to the party!

:rofl:
I was wrong about Valerie Jarrett and, as you can see, agreed that the first two sentences were just fine. I should have known that since the word I was not in the last sentence that Obama didn't say it. And never would!

Oh, you mean because the quote did not mention you personally?!?!?

No, because Obama can't make a speech without saying I or me a dozen or more times. That is, unless he is blaming Bush or someone in his administration for his screwups. Then, not so much.

Oh, I see you are STILL missing the point.

Do density much?

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

I'm sure you were enthralled from such hollow words.

What, you consider Dwight Eisenhower's words to be hollow?!?!?

LordBrownTrout
If as implied in the OP they were spoken by our Cracka In Chief, yes.

Well, I don't know what a "Cracka" is, but if you are referring to Pres. Obama, no I did not mention his name in the OP. Neither did I imply it.

Nice try. No donut.

You indeed implied it, why lie?

So far, so good!

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine."

Not bad!

"As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Change that to "As their heirs, may I never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

And we have a winner. Kudos to Valerie Jarrett for writing this for Obama.

I was wrong about Valerie Jarrett and, as you can see, agreed that the first two sentences were just fine. I should have known that since the word I was not in the last sentence that Obama didn't say it. And never would!

No, because Obama can't make a speech without saying I or me a dozen or more times. That is, unless he is blaming Bush or someone in his administration for his screwups. Then, not so much.

Do density much?

What is your point? I graded the speech with a 'so far, so good', and 'not bad.' The fact that I assumed you were referring to the present President since your adoration of Obama is rather well known was my error.

I'm sure you were enthralled from such hollow words.

What, you consider Dwight Eisenhower's words to be hollow?!?!?

LordBrownTrout
If as implied in the OP they were spoken by our Cracka In Chief, yes.

Well, I don't know what a "Cracka" is, but if you are referring to Pres. Obama, no I did not mention his name in the OP. Neither did I imply it.

Nice try. No donut.

You indeed implied it, why lie?

No, I didn't. Use your brain for a change.

I wrote "thank you, Mr. President".

I did not specify which president I meant.

It's really that simple.

Do density much?

What is your point? I graded the speech with a 'so far, so good', and 'not bad.' The fact that I assumed you were referring to the present President since your adoration of Obama is rather well known was my error.

I adore no president, but I have respected them all.

You are an adult, right?

Like he said...he will never be on the ballot again...so yes, we might just recover from his "being there".

You do realize that you just called Dwight D. Eisenhower a "little queer", right?

Poor you.

No, I correctly identified the little queer Obama as what he is. WHO he was quoting is irrelevant.

Obama was quoting no one, you stupid fuck.

I quoted a President, and you thought I was talking about Obama, you stupid fuck.

Do density much?

I adore no president, but I have respected them all.

You are an adult, right?

I respect the Office of the Presidency, the present occupant, not so much.

The first thing JFK did was ask congress to cut taxes.
I would support going back to the tax rate of JFK........would you?

You support JKF cutting rates by about 1/3??????

Better than that!

I support going back to the tax rates of 1962

So why don't Democrat run on a 65% Tax rate? maybe Liz Warren will??

I'm in

65% for one percenters would mean almost no taxes for anyone else

JFK knew his stuff

What a dumbass. You could confiscate every dime from the one percent and it wouldnt do shit. Your messiahs ran up the bill so high it's hopeless

Sounds like the words of a wise man

Too bad your demi god didn't write them and too bad he's busy spying on us all, lying about it, then comming clean by tossing someone else under the bus... Only to later read a speech about how we're all freedom loving...

Fuck you make the left look gullible and ignorant RW, lol.

Ike wrote them....one of my favorite Republicans along with Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt

Teddy doesn't count as a Repub.

He is one of the greatest Republicans......a time when Republicans actually cared about the people

You can't really call a Progressive a republican, sorry.

That's why he started the Bull Moose Party
Why can't a progressive be Republican?

Too bad your demi god didn't write them and too bad he's busy spying on us all, lying about it, then comming clean by tossing someone else under the bus... Only to later read a speech about how we're all freedom loving...

Ike wrote them....one of my favorite Republicans along with Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt

He is one of the greatest Republicans......a time when Republicans actually cared about the people

McCain is a progressive Republican. Need to dump his ass on the Democrats.

McCain is a progressive Republican. Need to dump his ass on the Democrats.

Absolutely, and there is a long list of others we need to dump.

Point taken.....one cannot be a "Conservative".....however very shortly in his timeline he left to found the Bull Moose Party.

Forum List

Back