The Post-Trump GOP

How can you possibly say that Trump shouldn’t be proud of not starting s new war?

Trump did not start new wars but escalated global tension by creating conflicts with China and Iran while weakening the Western alliance.
His support of Dictators in Russia, N Korea and Saudi Arabia has made us less safe
ROFL! So Trump is reponsible for China stealing all our technology and tread secrets? Trump is responsible for China bullynig its neighbors are trying to take possesion of international waters?

You're a fucking moron.

Trump's wrong headed and frankly stupid trade wars have cost the USA BIGLY. In 2016, the US trade deficit was $735.3 billion. In 2017, Trump's first year in office, it jumped to $792.4 billion, and then Trump started slapping tariffs on your trading partners and tearing up trade agreements.

By the end of 2018, the first year of the Trade War, your trade deficit jumped to $872 billion. In 2020, you're already at $729 billion as at October 31st. American imports haven't declined, they've increased in every year since Trump took office, and they've grown faster than your exports. The tariffs aren't working.

The purpose of the tariffs is to punish Americans for buying imports, and make domestic goods more affordable. The problem is that there are no American goods for the public to buy, because the USA no longer manufactures many of the things you import, like electronics, clothing, toys, or textiles, so there is no American industry to benefit from the tariffs.

Instead of just slapping tariffs on all of your trading partners, and tearing up your trade agreements, Trump could have approached your trading partners and asked to redo the deal, but he didn't. He just hit everyone with tariffs and demands. China has been absyssmal with trade marks and patents, but hey, if you didn't GIVE them your intellectual property, patents and trade secrets to manufacture, this wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Except Trump didn't "just slap tariffs" on shit, he did go to our trading partners and try to do new deals.

Why did you lie about that?

How can you possibly say that Trump shouldn’t be proud of not starting s new war?

Trump did not start new wars but escalated global tension by creating conflicts with China and Iran while weakening the Western alliance.
His support of Dictators in Russia, N Korea and Saudi Arabia has made us less safe
ROFL! So Trump is reponsible for China stealing all our technology and tread secrets? Trump is responsible for China bullynig its neighbors are trying to take possesion of international waters?

You're a fucking moron.

Trump's wrong headed and frankly stupid trade wars have cost the USA BIGLY. In 2016, the US trade deficit was $735.3 billion. In 2017, Trump's first year in office, it jumped to $792.4 billion, and then Trump started slapping tariffs on your trading partners and tearing up trade agreements.

By the end of 2018, the first year of the Trade War, your trade deficit jumped to $872 billion. In 2020, you're already at $729 billion as at October 31st. American imports haven't declined, they've increased in every year since Trump took office, and they've grown faster than your exports. The tariffs aren't working.

The purpose of the tariffs is to punish Americans for buying imports, and make domestic goods more affordable. The problem is that there are no American goods for the public to buy, because the USA no longer manufactures many of the things you import, like electronics, clothing, toys, or textiles, so there is no American industry to benefit from the tariffs.

Instead of just slapping tariffs on all of your trading partners, and tearing up your trade agreements, Trump could have approached your trading partners and asked to redo the deal, but he didn't. He just hit everyone with tariffs and demands. China has been absyssmal with trade marks and patents, but hey, if you didn't GIVE them your intellectual property, patents and trade secrets to manufacture, this wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Except Trump didn't "just slap tariffs" on shit, he did go to our trading partners and try to do new deals.

Why did you lie about that?

As a Canadian, who woke up to tarriffs one day, for no good reason, I know far better than a 1000 post a month poster who slavishly regurgitates whatever lies emit from the mouth of Donald Trump.

Whenever he got bad press on Stormy Daniels, or the Russia Investigation, he would tear up another trade deal and hit another nation with tariffs - using a "national defence" excuse to levy taxes he had no Constitutional authority to raise.

Canada has been wanting to renegotiate NAFTA for a decade. We would have jumped at the chance. Instead, we woke up to tariffs on our steel and aluminum - tariffs that Trump has NOT rescinded, even though we renegotiated NAFTA. Tariff's that have cost Americans over 150,000 manufacturing jobs since they were imposed.

Ironically, the Canadian company which has been hardest hit by these tariffs is Dofasco Steel, just a few miles from where I live. Dofasco is a wholly owned subsidiary of US Steel, of Bethlehem, PA. Such is the stupidity of your President.

Regardless of what you believe about Trump and his trade policies, I prefer to look at the numbers. Your trade deficit with Canada in 2016 was $11 billion, and in 2019, it was $27 billion. Even worse for you, after Trump instituted tariffs, American exports declined from $299 billion in 2018, to 292 billion in 2019, as contracts expired and Canadians stopped buying US made products.

Trump pissed off all of the consumers in all of your export partner nations and we all voted with our pocket books and stopped buying American. Capitalism at its finest. I no longer buy ANYTHING that is manufactured in the USA. Normally I would only buy my grandchildren Carters or Osh Gosh, because they are one of the few remaining North American manufacturers left, but no longer.

My daughter works at Dofasco.

You're a fucking moron.
Trump created a Trade War that did not punish China as much as it punished our farmers and the American consumers.

Who do you think pays for tariffs? It wasn’t China
It punished China quite thoroughly, moron. China's economy is in the tank.
Everyone’s economy is “in the tank”

You're a fucking moron.
Trump created a Trade War that did not punish China as much as it punished our farmers and the American consumers.

China's was in the tank before COVID, moron.

You're a fucking moron.

Oh Nose.....:omg:
Finger Boy called someone a moron!

As a Canadian, who woke up to tarriffs one day, for no good reason, I know far better than a 1000 post a month poster who slavishly regurgitates whatever lies emit from the mouth of Donald Trump.

Fuck you. That you need to open up with minimizing my words, before you even address my points, is you being an asshole.

Fuck you.

You're a fucking moron.

So was yours. Hiring had slowed, as the tax cuts hadn't really affected job creation. Corporations were already awash with cash BEFORE Trump cut taxes. Had Trump increased the minimum wage to $15 an hour, it would have unleashed a tidal wave of demand that would have goosed the economy like a shot of steroids. American workers who have watching the buying power of their wages erode to the point workers need to work 53 weeks of the year just to provide the basics of food, shelter and clothing for their families.

I live on a fixed income. If my income shot up by 50%, I'd travel more, take my grandchildren to plays and museums, preferring to give experiences over toys. I'd put all of that money right back into the service and entertainment economy. I'd go out to restaurants more, once the vaccine kicks in. Young families would do the same, assuming they didn't have to work 60 hour weeks just to make ends meet. Young people would buy houses, cars, and furnishings if they weren't living at home to pay off their student loans.

Working people need a raise and it will do way more for economic growth than another tax cut for billionaires.

Fuck you. That you need to open up with minimizing my words, before you even address my points, is you being an asshole.

Fuck you.

At least I addressed your points, and tore them to shreds, and I didn't call you a "liar". I simply proved what you said was entirely false. You had to stop after attacking me. You called me a liar in your first post, and I proved you wrong.

This time you have nothing but insults and "fuck you".

No more endless, pointless wars in the Mideast

Trump’s most potent Bloc of voters are his white Evangelical Christian nationalist base. They were fully in support of the invasion of Iraq and still are. They don’t regret it. I expect most of them still believe Saddam Hussein’s WMD are on a cargo ship circling around out on the ocean somewhere or buried in the desert somewhere in Syria.

Your point is a farce.
What nonsense! Trump strongly criticized Bush II’s wars during the 2016 election, yet Trump won support. Trump avoided new wars and again in 2020 he won support.

You're a fucking moron.

Oh Nose.....:omg:
Finger Boy called someone a moron!
Yeah, it gets old, but apparently the forum lefties can't learn.

Fuck you.

At least I addressed your points, and tore them to shreds, and I didn't call you a "liar". I simply proved what you said was entirely false. You had to stop after attacking me. You called me a liar in your first post, and I proved you wrong.

You have never proved anything since you joined this forum.

You're a fucking moron.

So was yours. Hiring had slowed, as the tax cuts hadn't really affected job creation. Corporations were already awash with cash BEFORE Trump cut taxes. Had Trump increased the minimum wage to $15 an hour, it would have unleashed a tidal wave of demand that would have goosed the economy like a shot of steroids. American workers who have watching the buying power of their wages erode to the point workers need to work 53 weeks of the year just to provide the basics of food, shelter and clothing for their families.

I live on a fixed income. If my income shot up by 50%, I'd travel more, take my grandchildren to plays and museums, preferring to give experiences over toys. I'd put all of that money right back into the service and entertainment economy. I'd go out to restaurants more, once the vaccine kicks in. Young families would do the same, assuming they didn't have to work 60 hour weeks just to make ends meet. Young people would buy houses, cars, and furnishings if they weren't living at home to pay off their student loans.

Working people need a raise and it will do way more for economic growth than another tax cut for billionaires.
Your economic theories are pure Voo-Doo. Everything you claim is false and downright absurd.

Fuck you.

YOu opened with bullshit, dismissing my points before you even address them, marginalizing my ideas as talking points handed down to me.

Sometimes I have the patience to put up with such shit behavior from people like you. Not today.

You insist on being so dishonest, then just fuck off.

Trump created conflict with China??

Does it become one to serve as an apologist for genocidal dictators?

And I’m sure you don’t honestly believe the Russian hoax.

The conflict with China has been going on since the Communists took over.

The fact that you don't believe that Russian interfered with the 2016 Election shows you're a gullible fool.

As for the link, it's an opinion piece, not fact, and Trump has NOT implemented a single sanction against Russia since he took office. It's a lie.
Even left-wing Salon magazine has debunked the Russia hoax.

Not meaning to be rude BUT any one who claims everything they disagree with is" false or absurd" has not bothered to look beyond their between their ears view. Everything is not either black or white. If it was we would not be in this on going mess.

Trump’s most potent Bloc of voters are his white Evangelical Christian nationalist base. They were fully in support of the invasion of Iraq and still are. They don’t regret it. I expect most of them still believe Saddam Hussein’s WMD are on a cargo ship circling around out on the ocean somewhere or buried in the desert somewhere in Syria.

Your point is a farce.
What nonsense! Trump strongly criticized Bush II’s wars during the 2016 election, yet Trump won support. Trump avoided new wars and again in 2020 he won support.

That Trump hasn't started any new wars is more good luck than good management. The Iranians came very close to launching a full out assault in the wake of the Sulemani assassination but cooler heads prevailled. When the Iranian Mullahs display better judgement than the American President, you know the Republic is in deep shit in terms of responsible leadership.

Given the strengthening of China's position in the world in terms of trade, and political alliances, and the weakening of American influence throughout the world, I don't think the world is a safer place with Donald Trump as President.

And the success of the recent Russian hacking of the US government, combined with the corona virus raging throughout the nation, it looks like Trump is leaving the USA sick, broke and very vulnerable. Hardly a successful foreign policy strategy at all. The USA is in no position to withstand an attack of any kind at the moment, and the Russians seem to have declared war.

Trump avoided new wars and again in 2020 he won support.

There were no new wars to avoid. if there were it’s up to Congress to declare war and Democrats are much more opposed to starting new ground wars. So it is meaningless to credit Trump for not starting something that was not going to happen.

anyway Trump may be opposed to starting a war overseas, but his behavior since his election loss is getting worse each day with his open desire to declare war on Americans who constitutionally voted him out of office.

So thats the difference between you and me. I oppose starting wars abroad and home. I wish Trump supporters opposed Trump starting a war against Americans where they live.

Trump avoided new wars and again in 2020 he won support.

There were no new wars to avoid. if there were it’s up to Congress to declare war and Democrats are much more opposed to starting new ground wars. So it is meaningless to credit Trump for not starting something that was not going to happen.

anyway Trump may be opposed to starting a war overseas, but his behavior since his election loss is getting worse each day with his open desire to declare war on Americans who constitutionally voted him out of office.

So thats the difference between you and me. I oppose starting wars abroad and home. I wish Trump supporters opposed Trump starting a war against Americans where they live.
ROFL! What a fucking moron. We had new wars under Obama because he started them. He's the one who was bombing the crap out of Libya so ISIS could take over. He refused to deal with ISIS in Syria realistically until they grew into a huge problem. Obama was droning hundreds of people all over the Middle East. He was supplying Syrian "rebels" with weapons.

The Obama admin is largely responsible for the riots that occured in Egypt which led to the downfall of Mubarak and the rise to power of the Muslim Brotherhood.

You morons will always find a way to absolve your sainted douchebag president for his actions.

Your point is a farce.

That Trump hasn't started any new wars is more good luck than good management. The Iranians came very close to launching a full out assault in the wake of the Sulemani assassination but cooler heads prevailled. When the Iranian Mullahs display better judgement than the American President, you know the Republic is in deep shit in terms of responsible leadership.

Given the strengthening of China's position in the world in terms of trade, and political alliances, and the weakening of American influence throughout the world, I don't think the world is a safer place with Donald Trump as President.

And the success of the recent Russian hacking of the US government, combined with the corona virus raging throughout the nation, it looks like Trump is leaving the USA sick, broke and very vulnerable. Hardly a successful foreign policy strategy at all. The USA is in no position to withstand an attack of any kind at the moment, and the Russians seem to have declared war.
What "Russian hacking," you fucking moron? What evidence is there that the Russians are behind it? In fact, all the arrows of blame point at China, the country that Obama/Biden have refused to confront.

Forum List

Back