The Peripheral--a firm recommendation

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
I've been a William Gibson fan for most of my life. The Futurist who literally invented the term 'cyberspace' has always been frightfully ahead of his time.
This adaptation on Amazon Prime is hands down the best thing I've watched this year. Despite having read the book, I'm still on the edge of my seat every episode.

I'll not toss any spoilers around...I'll just say that for those who love sci-it..dystopian or otherwise--this raises the bar.

The Peripheral (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

I've been a William Gibson fan for most of my life. The Futurist who literally invented the term 'cyberspace' has always been frightfully ahead of his time.
This adaptation on Amazon Prime is hands down the best thing I've watched this year. Despite having read the book, I'm still on the edge of my seat every episode.

I'll not toss any spoilers around...I'll just say that for those who love sci-it..dystopian or otherwise--this raises the bar.

Been watching it.
Really like this series so far.

Not so much us.
The first episode was quite good... yay! Good series to watch!
2nd episode... little drawn out, not as good as the first... okay.. let's watch another...
3rd episode... too long. 77 minutes of mostly all talking.
The first ep was really good. Lot's of things happening, good job of introducing characters and building the beginning of a story.
The 2nd and 3rd episode should have been one episode.

This is the new thing streaming channels are doing at it is annoying. Taking a good story and dragging it out to 10 episodes, when it should have only been 5 or 6.

Just started this series...on episode four and I'm hooked.

It is extremely character driven... Which I love. Some action, a lot of mystery. An excellent dystopian sci-fi series so far.

I have seen some of the episodes and I found it very enjoyable.

Forum List

Back