The People vs Uber - The people win

Well these grabbing bastards have fought for several years to deny their staff sick and holiday pay. And now they have to pay up.
Power to the People !!!

Excellent!!
We need to grab back the huge profits Uber has been making, eh?

For all of 2020, Uber’s net losses amounted to $6.77 billion, around a 20% improvement from a staggering $8.51 billion loss in 2019.

Uber earnings Q4 2020 (cnbc.com)

Oops.....fucktard.

Well these grabbing bastards have fought for several years to deny their staff sick and holiday pay. And now they have to pay up.
Power to the People !!!

Actually, the People love Uber- because Uber provides a popularly priced alternative to the now, largely defunct , taxi industry.

Considering the fact that Subways in large Urban Heck Holes are unsafe, its going to be tough for travelers.

Power to the People !!!

Excellent!!

For all of 2020, Uber’s net losses amounted to $6.77 billion, around a 20% improvement from a staggering $8.51 billion loss in 2019.

Oops.....fucktard.

This is a british ruling. Has nothing to do with Uncle Sam.

Power to the People !!!

Excellent!!

Oops.....fucktard.
CEO was paid $200m to join them. Let him take a pay cut. Why do you hate the workers so much ?

Power to the People !!!

Excellent!!

Oops.....fucktard.

I'm sure their UK losses are also large.

Power to the People !!!

Actually, the People love Uber- because Uber provides a popularly priced alternative to the now, largely defunct , taxi industry.

Considering the fact that Subways in large Urban Heck Holes are unsafe, its going to be tough for travelers.

The key to Uber is the choice you have, if you don't like a given driver you never have to deal with them again.

In NYC the surliness of yellow cab drivers is legendary, especially if you ask one to go to an outer boro.

Power to the People !!!

Excellent!!

Oops.....fucktard.
CEO was paid $200m to join them. Let him take a pay cut. Why do you hate the workers so much ?

Why do you hate people working so much?

Power to the People !!!

Excellent!!

Oops.....fucktard.

IDK, but this win today may be a loss in the future for the drivers. Classifying them as employees gives the company a lot more control over them.

Power to the People !!!
So now that they're employees, don't they have to work the shifts that corporate demands they work? And won't they need corporate Big Brother looking over their shoulders all the time to make sure they're not stopped in a parking lot taking a nap? No more cutting a day short to be at your child's birthday party. No more nipping off home to have lunch with the wife. IOW, being self-employed does have some advantages. Now, instead of working for themselves, drivers will be working for the corporate Man. And here I thought that was a bad thing.

IOW, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

In the country where I live Uber isnt so popular and I have never used this service. So I cant say much from my experience.

But from what I have read about it, the business model of the company is based on sharing information between a possible passenger and a driver. The company has its own set of rules which drivers must follow to keep access to its base.

And that is the point. Lower prices for customers and the drivers being freelance workers. Basically, the drivers should have known the rules.

Power to the People !!!

Excellent!!

Oops.....fucktard.

IDK, but this win today may be a loss in the future for the drivers. Classifying them as employees gives the company a lot more control over them.

Raising costs for a money losing company is something only a leftist could love.

Power to the People !!!
So now that they're employees, don't they have to work the shifts that corporate demands they work? And won't they need corporate Big Brother looking over their shoulders all the time to make sure they're not stopped in a parking lot taking a nap? No more cutting a day short to be at your child's birthday party. No more nipping off home to have lunch with the wife. IOW, being self-employed does have some advantages. Now, instead of working for themselves, drivers will be working for the corporate Man. And here I thought that was a bad thing.

In America, we've had commercials on TV, pushing the idea of working for Uber as the "ideal side hustle", not as a regular job. I guess that is history if Uber workers become employees.

Power to the People !!!

I am self employed but I am also "on the books" for some projects. I quite like the mix. But when I am ill or want to go on holiday I like being "employed"

I dont see there being much difference to their working conditions but their package will be a lot better.

Power to the People !!!

In America, we've had commercials on TV, pushing the idea of working for Uber as the "ideal side hustle", not as a regular job. I guess that is history if Uber workers become employees.
Why would that be the case ?

Power to the People !!!

It really is. Instead of being in charge of when they work and how much they work, drivers will be assigned shifts and will have to work what they are assigned as well as having corporate laying down the law on what they can and cannot do while they're driving.

Forum List

Back