The party of small government strikes again

North Carolina lawmakers introduce bill to ban participation trophies for kids

North Carolina lawmakers introduced a bill to ban giving children participation trophies for youth sports activities.

The three Republican state representatives — Sens. Tim Moffitt, Eddie Settle, and Bobby Hanig — introduced the bill, called Eliminate Participation Trophies, to the state senate on March 30.

The bill says that any award given to children for youth recreation activities must be based on identified performance achievements.

"Youth sports or other youth recreation activities operated under the authority of a local government shall not include awards for participants based solely on their participation in the sport or other activity," according to the proposed one-page bill.

Now, whether you agree with participation trophies or not, I think we could all agree it is not something the government needs to be sticking its nose in to.

If they had been Democrat lawmakers you wouldn't have uttered a peep.

"Independent", my ass. :laughing0301:

The good thing about these threads, they give the big government loving nanny state folks a chance to self identify.

And they don't even understand they are...

The W Supporters are absolutely positively FOR BIG GOVERNMENT

socialized senior drugs
$1 trillion down public education rathole

They define "conservative" as

supporting using the US military to wipe out all Muslims in the Middle East, give that land to Israel, and hence Jesus will float down from the clouds

Some of these were "Reagan Democrats" but the vast majority are "Karl Rove Voters," the SUBS and they are FUCKING MORONS who do not understand BASIC MATH

North Carolina lawmakers introduced a bill to ban giving children participation trophies for youth sports activities.

The three Republican state representatives — Sens. Tim Moffitt, Eddie Settle, and Bobby Hanig — introduced the bill, called Eliminate Participation Trophies, to the state senate on March 30.

The bill says that any award given to children for youth recreation activities must be based on identified performance achievements.

"Youth sports or other youth recreation activities operated under the authority of a local government shall not include awards for participants based solely on their participation in the sport or other activity," according to the proposed one-page bill.

Now, whether you agree with participation trophies or not, I think we could all agree it is not something the government needs to be sticking its nose in to.

What a pointless thing to do. If people think that's what's good for kids... then let them do it. I'm sure this will be knocked down in some court or other.

I don't like participation trophies either because it's not how the real world works, but surely there have got to be higher priorities for lawmakers to focus their attention to than this.

I'm sure as hell against the idea of participation medals/trophies -- which is an issue unto itself -- but for fuck's sake, we just don't learn that band aids don't work.

The GQP is dead set on approaching everything with a caveman mentality now. IF I DON'T LIKE IT, IT MUST BE BANNED! BY THE GOVERNMENT!

Then they'll point at the Left for doing the same thing. CORRECT. WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE LIKE THE VERY PEOPLE YOU THINK ARE "EVIL"?

The ends of the spectrum have completely lost their fucking minds. But the GQP is in its own universe right now.

LxsGigr.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back