The park service wanted to honor the Black Panthers

The sonofabitch who is responsible for that funding should be forced to publicly explain his action. Something about that $100,000 expenditure stinks to high heaven.

These "Black Panthers" look exactly like Mau Mau terrorists in Kenya of the mid-1950s.

1508843932892.jpg

Last edited:
What is it with Leftists and statues? They are either pissing away our tax money on taking down monuments or putting up new ones they like.
The sonofabitch responsible for that funding should be forced to publicly explain his action. Something about that $100,000 expenditure stinks to high heaven.

I understand the Park Service plans to increase the entrance fee to some of our national parks from $35 to $75 -- and this is the way they are spending that money?

This calls for an investigation.

Not that it matters but the Black Panthers were all about feeding and educating children, educating adults, finding jobs and so on.

THATs what they wanted to honor but its also what RWNJs are so dead set against.

Black Power is what made me. Former Panthers ran my pre-school and the NOI were there later in my life.

56c5f3611300002b0014173e.jpeg

150627-moynihan-black-panther-tease_m9pftx.jpg

Black Panther parties spread across the country in the 1960's.

The FBI saw this as a huge threat. Its Cointelpro operation was already undermining communists. It was a simple matter to do the same to the Panthers. The Panthers and their offshoots were filled with FBI spies, like Richard Aoki. They turned the leadership against itself and worked with the police to have them locked up in prison or tied up in court. They even had the Chicago police kill Fred Hampton and Mark Clark.

The Panthers were shocked by the scale and thoroughness of the FBI. It was more than just planting a few informers and listening in on telephone calls:
  • They framed Geronimo Pratt for murder – and then made sure one of his defence lawyers was an FBI informer!
  • Panthers secretly working for the FBI talked about blowing up department stores – giving the police an excuse to arrest top Panthers and throw them in prison.
The press and the police did the FBI’s bidding. The Panthers found much of its leadership killed, sent to prison or driven out of the country. Those who remained did not know who to trust.

And this what the panthers believed in
  • Black pride,
  • Black studies at universities, leading to greater knowledge of Black history,
  • using the word “Black” instead of “Negro”,
  • Blacks looking down on those who try to be White,
  • Kwanzaa,
  • natural hairstyles,
  • spoken word poetry,
  • more Black content from museums and publishers.
  • Blacks should create their own culture, their own institutions, live by their own values, that as a colonized people they need to unbrainwash themselves.
This is why when people talk about "well if black people just acted right" everything would be fine. History shows that's not true.

Yet with the black panthers we had a government that is successfully carrying on a war against his very own citizens in plain sight.

Maybe if whites in this country didn't blatantly discriminate against black there would have been no need for the Black Panthers

150627-moynihan-black-panther-tease_m9pftx.jpg

[...]

The Panthers were shocked by the scale and thoroughness of the FBI. It was more than just planting a few informers and listening in on telephone calls.
Walking around strapped like that and looking as badass as they can, just what did they expect?

I am old enough to remember that movement. One day there is a group of ordinary college-types marching in support of feeding the hungry and such. Next day I see a group of armed males marching around in a courthouse like, "We some bad muthafukkas! Watcha gonna do?"

Their performance occurred as a question and they got the answer.

Forum List

Back