"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

The more you know, the more you realize what you don't know.

I remember way back in grade school, and we had a person come in and give us a lecture on philosophy. Well, the way he described it was with a circle. Inside the circle was everything that we know, while the edge of the circle was the beginning of what we don't. As we learn more, the circle gets bigger, but then again, so does the circumference, meaning that the more we know, the more we actually don't know. But, he said that was a good reason to keep learning more, so that our circles would get bigger, but also the realization that there is always more to learn.

The more you know, the more you realize what you don't know.

I remember way back in grade school, and we had a person come in and give us a lecture on philosophy. Well, the way he described it was with a circle. Inside the circle was everything that we know, while the edge of the circle was the beginning of what we don't. As we learn more, the circle gets bigger, but then again, so does the circumference, meaning that the more we know, the more we actually don't know. But, he said that was a good reason to keep learning more, so that our circles would get bigger, but also the realization that there is always more to learn.
People sure like regular shapes. I used to like the regular show and playing KOL. I usually order large meals at Burger King.

When you know your perception is faith based and relative,
you know it can be biased and change depending on circumstances.

However, as Tim Minchin quipped in his poetic discourse,
if none of us know anything for sure, then how would we know to
exit an apt through the door instead of the window on the top floor?

P.S. another memorable quotation I cite more often:
Better Socrates dissatisfied than a pig satisfied.
Better to have awareness although disturbing
than to be content wallowing in ignorance like a pig in mud!

Who fuels your faith? Any names?
When you know your perception is faith based and relative,
you know it can be biased and change depending on circumstances.

However, as Tim Minchin quipped in his poetic discourse,
if none of us know anything for sure, then how would we know to
exit an apt through the door instead of the window on the top floor?

P.S. another memorable quotation I cite more often:
Better Socrates dissatisfied than a pig satisfied.
Better to have awareness although disturbing
than to be content wallowing in ignorance like a pig in mud!

What fuels your faith? Any names?

Is metaphysical certainty a fact in your opinion?

1+1=2 is a metaphysical certainty, but whether 1=1 is a factual question.

There is no 2.
1598666507550.png

Socrates made a very profound sounding statement, but he was engaging in false modesty. Obviously he knew a lot as evidenced by the great thinkers who came to study under him. He would have been more accurate to say he knew nothing compared to how much there is to know, or how much he hoped to eventually know, but "I know nothing" was just an exaggeration to make a point. Much of what he said was more to make a point rather than to be accurate. On here, he might have been called a troll.
Maybe Descartes was more accurate about his opinions.

Socrates made a very profound sounding statement, but he was engaging in false modesty. Obviously he knew a lot as evidenced by the great thinkers who came to study under him. He would have been more accurate to say he knew nothing compared to how much there is to know, or how much he hoped to eventually know, but "I know nothing" was just an exaggeration to make a point. Much of what he said was more to make a point rather than to be accurate. On here, he might have been called a troll.

If I reply that I don't think so, will I cease to exist?

If I reply that I don't think so, will I cease to exist?
You figure it out.

Forum List

Back