The Olympics and the Uyghurs: Who sacrificed the most?

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
It's true, the athletes have sacrificed much to get to this point. But the Uyghurs toiling in the slave camps in Xinjiang province were forced to sacrifice their dreams and ambitions because CCP thinks very poorly of religious minorities. The Uyghurs who were killed and harvested for their organs or sterilized were forced to sacrifice a hell of a lot more. Their lives, their genealogical futures.

It's tough to compare and contrast the two, but at the end of the day, the dreams of those Olympic athletes pale in comparison to the so many Uyghur dreams that were shattered so cruelly by a totalitarian government. Our athletes should at least be made aware of the fact they are being given an opportunity that the host country has denied tens of thousands of others in the same said country through such barbarism (I know, they won't be). They should be asked to consider the fame, notoriety, or personal accomplishment they seek against all of that.

We should not be lending China any credence, dare I say it, whatsoever.

I asked an impossible question in the title, right? Wrong. The comparison is easy to make. The athletes still have their families, their freedoms, their lives, and their future dreams and ambitions. The Uyghurs China has brutalized have none of those things, and for the foreseeable future, they never will.

So, I'll ask once again: who sacrificed more?

Last edited:
Screw the uighurs; nobody got excited about the ongoing persecutions of Christians, their being arrested and their organs harvested for the international organ legging syndicates for the last few decades, but now we're supposed to get all excited about some Islamist cultists who would butcher us without a second thought as soon as they could get away with it? lol that's like getting all excited when the Mexican Federales and the cartel thugs kill each other.

Screw the uighurs;

?

nobody got excited about the ongoing persecutions of Christians, their being arrested and their organs harvested for the international organ legging syndicates for the last few decades, but now we're supposed to get all excited about some Islamist cultists who would butcher us without a second thought as soon as they could get away with it? lol that's like getting all excited when the Mexican Federales and the cartel thugs kill each other.

Shall I ask god to make you to an Uyghur and to send you to China now? Will he do so if I will ask him to do so? What will you find in this new life?

It's true, the athletes have sacrificed much to get to this point. But the Uyghurs toiling in the slave camps in Xinjiang province were forced to sacrifice their dreams and ambitions because CCP thinks very poorly of religious minorities. The Uyghurs who were killed and harvested for their organs or sterilized were forced to sacrifice a hell of a lot more. Their lives, their genealogical futures.

It's tough to compare and contrast the two, but at the end of the day, the dreams of those Olympic athletes pale in comparison to the so many Uyghur dreams that were shattered so cruelly by a totalitarian government. Our athletes should at least be made aware of the fact they are being given an opportunity that the host country has denied tens of thousands of others in the same said country through such barbarism (I know, they won't be). They should be asked to consider the fame, notoriety, or personal accomplishment they seek against all of that.

I asked an impossible question in the title, right? Wrong. The comparison is easy to make. The athletes still have their families, their freedoms, their lives, and their future dreams and ambitions. The Uyghurs China has brutalized have none of those things, and for the foreseeable future, they never will.

The question is another one. The question is: "Has everything to be politics?" During the last century up to now the mainstream had been "sports and politics are different things". But meanwhile the god money seems to be the only god of sports.

By the way: What are the names of the sportsmen from the Uyghurs in the Olympic winter games in China? Had and have all sportsmen of the Uyghurs a fair chance to win - like all others in the world?

Last edited:
China, controls too much in the USA. From our politicians to all the frozen seafood.

There will be a day when China simply tells the USA no to everything, to include medicine that they have taken over.

Today it is computer chips for automobiles. No new cars or very few.

Tomorrow it could be food.

Fuck China and their stupid little games.

And fuck Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Intel, Visa, and Procter & Gamble for sponsoring those assholes.

?

Shall I ask god to make you to an Uyghur and to send you to China now? Will he do so if I will ask him to do so? What will you find in this new life?
God told us to follow is rules. We don't. You leave that out.

And by proxy, you will be endorsing a regime that actively commits genocide. That's on you, pal.

If that makes you happy, run with it. Using your logic every athlete there is endorsing a regime that actively commits genocide. But then again you probably think that also.

If that makes you happy, run with it. Using your logic every athlete there is endorsing a regime that actively commits genocide. But then again you probably think that also.

There's more nuance to it than that, Gator.

And yes, my logic does say that. They are purposefully (or blissfully) ignorant of the suffering that China is inflicting on a religious minority. Nobody is educating them (or they are choosing not to educate themselves) about how wrong this is and how their participation lends a genocidal regime credence. Dreams and ambitions over morals and ethics. I don't play that game. I never will. If you don't know what's going on and are aware of an opportunity to educate yourself on it, and you choose not to take that opportunity, you are just guilty of placing your dreams and ambitions above morality and ethics.

No, I don't think highly of that. The athletes don't put themselves in the Uyghur's shoes. If they were fully aware of the situation, they wouldn't dare step foot in China.

Also, don't get me started on the token Uyghur during the torch lighting ceremony.

Last edited:
There's more nuance to it than that, Gator.

And yes, my logic does say that. They are purposefully (or blissfully) ignorant of the suffering that China is inflicting on a religious minority. Nobody is educating them (or they are choosing not to educate themselves) about how wrong this is and how their participation lends a genocidal regime credence.

Dreams and ambitions over morals and ethics. I don't play that game. I never will.

Also, don't get me started on the token Uyghur during the torch lighting ceremony.

Watching ski jumping right now. Those folks are crazy!

Like I said, you do you. But it's on your conscience.

You ignore and debase these atrocities for your pleasure at your own risk.

I will support the athletes that do not have any say in where they compete, who spent their whole lives for this opportunity. My conscience is crystal clear

Coca Cola, went ape shit when it came to voting rights and is silent with China and its genocide. Profits over people.

I will support the athletes that do not have any say in where they compete
Actually, they have plenty of say in where they compete. They had a choice not to compete within the borders of a genocidal regime, but they did anyway because ambition comes before ethics and morals.

Are our athletes being forced to compete in China? Where are you getting that? What law says that they are required to compete for their country in a worldwide sporting event?
who spent their whole lives for this opportunity. My conscience is crystal clear

Maybe so, but not knowing they are achieving their "dreams" at the expense of 1 million dead, sterilized, and enslaved Uyghurs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back