The Obesity Epidemic

So animals can't survive unless you wearhouse them and force them to live out their entire lives as a crop of corn, and then you slaughter them in order to "save the species" :auiqs.jpg:

There is no end to the nonsense you'll post to justify your ideababy
How many vegans are keeping farm animals in their backyards to keep them from being killed and eaten. All farm animals can be purchased while alive. I myself have purchased hundreds of live chickens.

All attempts to beat God to it have failed.

What the heck are you talking about? Who is trying to beat God? Did you not understand what I was talking about?
Are you aware that in the Garden of Eden, we were given a plant-based diet, and before sin came into the world there was no killing, death, suffering, exploitation, and all the other stuff that we have today? You must be aware of that, you are a Christian.

And are you aware that God is going to restore the peaceful world that was HIS idea in the first place? Do I have to show you the verses? Here's one for you:

The wolf will live with the lamb,
and the leopard will lie down with the goat.
The calf, the young lion, and the fatling will be together,
and a child will lead them.
The cow and the bear will graze,
their young ones will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
An infant will play beside the cobra’s pit,
and a toddler will put his hand into a snake’s den.
None will harm or destroy another
on My entire holy mountain,
for the land will be as full
of the knowledge of the Lord
as the sea is filled with water.

Isaiah 11:6-9​

I have a problem with a use
You'd go to jail if you did these things to a dog or cat, as you should.

Look up the phrase cognitive dissonance
Dogs and cats are raised for pets, not food. You've made clear what you desire but you really haven't considered the consequences. You are the one with 'CD'. What you want isn't going to happen.

Dogs and cats are raised for pets, not food. You've made clear what you desire but you really haven't considered the consequences.

Only because our society says so. In some parts of the world dogs and cats are "food." Do you think society is what determines actual truth?

You are the one with 'CD'. What you want isn't going to happen.

Sorry, but you have it backwards. What YOU want is not going to happen. Please read post #322.

Dogs and cats are raised for pets, not food. You've made clear what you desire but you really haven't considered the consequences. You are the one with 'CD'. What you want isn't going to happen.
Only in YOUR culture. You have such a limited view

What the heck are you talking about? Who is trying to beat God? Did you not understand what I was talking about?
Are you aware that in the Garden of Eden, we were given a plant-based diet, and before sin came into the world there was no killing, death, suffering, exploitation, and all the other stuff that we have today? You must be aware of that, you are a Christian.

And are you aware that God is going to restore the peaceful world that was HIS idea in the first place? Do I have to show you the verses? Here's one for you:

The wolf will live with the lamb,
and the leopard will lie down with the goat.
The calf, the young lion, and the fatling will be together,
and a child will lead them.
The cow and the bear will graze,
their young ones will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
An infant will play beside the cobra’s pit,
and a toddler will put his hand into a snake’s den.
None will harm or destroy another
on My entire holy mountain,
for the land will be as full
of the knowledge of the Lord
as the sea is filled with water.

Isaiah 11:6-9
I know all those verses. They pertain to the millenial reign of Christ. That time period is the bridge between the here-and-now and the hereafter. It is doubtful that the hereafter will have spirit animals.

Most sins have immediate consequences.
If eating animal flesh is sinful the consequence would fall on us like a ton of bricks.

I know all those verses. They pertain to the millenial reign of Christ. That time period is the bridge between the here-and-now and the hereafter. It is doubtful that the hereafter will have spirit animals.

Most sins have immediate consequences.
If eating animal flesh is sinful the consequence would fall on us like a ton of bricks.

You're missing the point. We were talking about having a big picture perspective. You don't have one!

You're a Christian, so please answer honestly. What should practicing Christians aim for…God's perfect will, or what God temporarily permits (but doesn't like) in this fallen world?

If you're able to honor God's original intent and perfect will NOW, why not do it? Why wait until you don't have a choice?

Remember, Jesus told us to want God's kingdom to come and will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Only in YOUR culture. You have such a limited view
Not so.
I accept vegans and respect their choice (but making a movement out of it is wrong).
I accept that other cultures eat dogs and cats.
I believe people eat too much meat.
I believe there remains cruelty in raising animals.
I also believe that if vegans had the power, they would abolish meat eating.
Until then I'll continue to eat meat and buy leather goods (I just paid $140 for a fine leather wallet).

You're missing the point. We were talking about having a big picture perspective. You don't have one!

You're a Christian, so please answer honestly. What is more important…God's perfect will, or what God temporarily permits in this fallen world?

If you're able to honor God's original intent and perfect will NOW, why not do it? Why wait until you don't have a choice?

Remember, Jesus told us to want God's kingdom to come and will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.
A true follower will try to live the Kingdom in his/her daily life.

People may actually disagree, but when they attack you because you respect God's Creation, they are not living the Kingdom in their own lives
.if only people could be honest with themselves. But sadly, few are

Not so.
I accept vegans and respect their choice (but making a movement out of it is wrong).
I accept that other cultures eat dogs and cats.
I believe people eat too much meat.
I believe there remains cruelty in raising animals.
I also believe that if vegans had the power, they would abolish meat eating.
Until then I'll continue to eat meat and buy leather goods (I just paid $140 for a fine leather wallet).
You have adopted the "pro-choice" argument.

If only those Christians would never make me feel guilty about my choices, but they just can't shut up accusing me of taking innocent life.

So out of your own mouth, don't be a hypocrite and say anything negative about the slaughter of the preborn

You have adopted the "pro-choice" argument.

If only those Christians would never make me feel guilty about my choices, but they just can't shut up accusing me of taking innocent life.

So out of your own mouth, don't be a hypocrite and say anything negative about the slaughter of the preborn
I accept abortion as just one more tragic fact of life. I don't advocate either way or politicize it.

A true follower will try to live the Kingdom in his/her daily life.

People may actually disagree, but when they attack you because you respect God's Creation, they are not living the Kingdom in their own lives
.if only people could be honest with themselves. But sadly, few are

Absolutely. I mean, I totally got non-Christians dismissing all of this, since they don't believe the bible. But I definitely agree with you that a true follower will eventually come around to seeing what is being said here… and honoring God's perfect will.

That said, I know that sometimes people have a slow awakening. I remember when I first started to question this stuff. I even wrote a blog post one time, probably a year or so before going vegan, asking the question "can a person love animals and eat meat?" So what I'm trying to say is that it might take a while for some believers to get it. But once I saw some graphic horrifying footage of animals in a slaughterhouse, I went vegan pretty much overnight. Well, I didn't give up seafood right away, that took a couple months, but then after that I went fully vegan.

You're a Christian, so please answer honestly. What should practicing Christians aim for…God's perfect will, or what God temporarily permits (but doesn't like) in this fallen world?

Conversion to perfection is a process, not an event. My new year's resolution is to care a bit more about my health. I won't be removing meat, eggs, or dairy from my diet, however.

Each generation is less prepared for the future. Mainly because they areaa destroying their own future.

Come on, it was just an animated gif of a standing ovation. I could've used one with people of all ages, but it just happened to be the one I found.

And you're still kind of ignoring the point about having a big picture perspective. And an eternal perspective.

Conversion to perfection is a process, not an event. My new year's resolution is to care a bit more about my health. I won't be removing meat, eggs, or dairy from my diet, however.

If you knew what was actually happening to God's creatures....I kind of doubt you'd still be saying that.

But I'm going to stop now, since we're WAY off topic. And I need to sign off of here anyway.

Absolutely. I mean, I totally got non-Christians dismissing all of this, since they don't believe the bible. But I definitely agree with you that a true follower will eventually come around to seeing what is being said here… and honoring God's perfect will.

That said, I know that sometimes people have a slow awakening. I remember when I first started to question this stuff. I even wrote a blog post one time, probably a year or so before going vegan, asking the question "can a person love animals and eat meat?" So what I'm trying to say is that it might take a while for some believers to get it. But once I saw some graphic horrifying footage of animals in a slaughterhouse, I went vegan pretty much overnight. Well, I didn't give up seafood right away, that took a couple months, but then after that I went fully vegan.
I can't watch those videos. Some things stuck in the brain forever. For me, I don't need to see it to know. I know some people need that smack in the head with a 2x4.

He's been through every "reasonable" argument we've heard a thousand times before. Now he's just throwing out any silly stuff in the hope that something will stick. He's just arguing for the sake of arguing . I think I'm done responding to HIS foolishness

Forum List

Back