The Obesity Epidemic

God ordained even the kind of animals that were good for food. Recall that Jesus ate meat.

There you go again, with your short-term perspective.

Answer this question, please. What should sincere, practicing Christians aim for: a) God's perfect will or b) practices of this fallen world that God temporarily permits only because of our sinful hearts?

Please answer with "a" or "b" only. Thanks.

I believe Jesus ran a bunch of these off a cliff and into the sea.:omg:
Noop. They asked permission and he granted free will.

. 31 And the demons begged Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the pigs; and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and [c]drowned in the waters.

Why are you so insistent that I not have free will or advocate for non abuse? Why is abuse and torture so important to you that you're willing to look so foolish?
I've seen your people's protests. Pretty foolish.

Animals live on this planet and eat stuff to survive. Herbivores eat plants to survive. Carnivores eat the meat of other animals to survive. Omnivores eat both plants and animals to survive. Humans are omnivores. Oh, and guess why we have such big brains?

. 31 And the demons begged Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the pigs; and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and [c]drowned in the waters.
Point taken.

Thank you! I was actually going to bring that up, but I was also trying not to turn this thread into a bible study. :laugh:

Thank you! I was actually going to bring that up, but I was also trying not to turn this thread into a bible study. :laugh:
You were going to dodge the fact that Jesus stood by and watched a bunch of swine drown, having the power to cast out demons but didn't have enough compassion to save the pigs, while certainly knowing that it was going to happen. ;)

You were going to dodge the fact that Jesus stood by and watched a bunch of swine drown, having the power to cast out demons but didn't have enough compassion to save the pigs, while certainly knowing that it was going to happen. ;)
Jesus was the God of the OT. He reveals Himself to Moses. He is the Creator of all. When He chooses to kill, that is HIS prerogative alone. I don't have that right.

You will NEVER be judged harshly by Jesus for choosing mercy over cruelty. But I would be very careful about callously choosing cruelty.

Yeah, this debate makes me uncomfortable. It's going down a path the OP didn't intend. But I feel like we shouldn't let silliness go unrefuted. He wants to argue. I think I will step out of this in THIS thread

Jesus was the God of the OT. He reveals Himself to Moses. He is the Creator of all. When He chooses to kill, that is HIS prerogative alone. I don't have that right.

You will NEVER be judged harshly by Jesus for choosing mercy over cruelty. But I would be very careful about callously choosing cruelty.
Cruelty is deliberately causing suffering. I don't do that.

God (speaking through Paul) says go ahead and eat the meat, unless there's something about it that bothers you, or some acquaintance. I don't think about how the meat was killed, I just cook it thoroughly and eat it.

Last edited:
You're a leftist. I understand you think more government is always the answer
Once again I am left handed but that has nothing to do with my political position. I was merely stating a FACT that Michele Obama wanted to pass legislation regarding school menus but had to change her position when the big corporations put pressure on her

And I have never supported Obama or hos wife so maybe stop looking like an ASS with your ASSumptions when you obviously know nothing about me or my politics.

There you go again, with your short-term perspective.

Answer this question, please. What should sincere, practicing Christians aim for: a) God's perfect will or b) practices of this fallen world that God temporarily permits only because of our sinful hearts?

Please answer with "a" or "b" only. Thanks.
It seems that you have arbitrarily decided what 'God's perfect will' is. Not a good idea.

The most recent biblical instruction regarding eating meat suggests that it is ok unless it offends another or if your conscience bothers you about eating it. This in regard to meats (which includes actual flesh) offered to idols (and later sold in the marketplace).

Today we freely eat meat raised for our consumption that has not been offered to idols. So, no one should be offended, and our consciences should be ok.

Additionally, and very importantly, we are in the NT church age, and we are also in the time period of the conferring of the "blessings of Abraham" upon our nation. These God-given blessings have historically included great agricultural wealth, including magnitudes of "flocks and herds" of animals; the land "flowing with milk and honey". The agricultural wealth of America is unprecedented in world history, along with the other aspects of wealth, power, and influence.

Last edited:
Fast food is one of the main reasons, also mass production of food is another.

Forum List

Back