The next Batman... Robert Pattinson... uhhh

utxH8aQ.jpg

It really makes sense that he should be a big guy. But then again, maybe he just has enormous brass knuckles made into the gloves of his costume.
well no matter what,keaton was a better batman than cloony......
I think the best Batman so far has been Ben Affleck.

You are dead to me.
The only way they could redeem picking Pattison is if the film is R rated and extremely violent.

Ok, not completely dead. That does sound pretty good. But oh, my fucking god, BEN AFFLECK?
I know this sounds strange....but Affleck carried Justice League...and Batman vs Superman.
But you have to admit....that most of the Batman actors have sucked pretty bad.
The only thing Bale gave us was "I'm Batman".

I didn't even see either of those. From the clips I have seen, I will work the rest of my life to avoid seeing them.

I did see Wonder Woman. Surprisingly good. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Yup.

The only thing Keaton has done that is any good is Batman.
He's pretty much screwed up everything else.

... So... he is listed as 6' 1" and 167 lbs.
Probably more like 6' even and 155 lbs.
The guy is skinny. Even scrawny.
And kind of metro girly boy.
In comparison:
Christian Bale - 6' and when playing batman 185 lbs.
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs
Ben Affleck - 6; 4" 216 lbs.

How is a 155-160 weak little girl boy going to play a bad ass batman??
Keaton was the smallest, but Keaton is a better actor and not effeminate.
I don't get this choice.
If you are going to pick a small guy why not Shai Labeouf? Like Bale a method actor with a solid ability to be a bad ass.
Shai Labeouf a bad ass? He’s too much of a flake.

Maybe Pattinson will bulk up some. Bale did.

You are dead to me.
The only way they could redeem picking Pattison is if the film is R rated and extremely violent.

Ok, not completely dead. That does sound pretty good. But oh, my fucking god, BEN AFFLECK?
I know this sounds strange....but Affleck carried Justice League...and Batman vs Superman.

I didn't even see either of those. From the clips I have seen, I will work the rest of my life to avoid seeing them.

Yup.

Duuude...

You are dead to me.

Yup.

Wow. I just reviewed him on IMD, and you're right. Other than Multiplicity, and maybe Beetlejuice, I don't see anything he did that I recall him as a plus.

Why didn't they pick Brad Garret... talk about the size right!
And his voice would be perfect.

View attachment 306965

Too swarthy. Bruce Wayne should look like Old Money. More of those inbred, sharp features.
I thought that too, as Bruce Wayne he may struggle with the suave look.
But he would make a kick ass batman. 6' 8"

Wow. That is big.

I recall, The Dark Knight graphic novel. The concept of a big guy, pretending to be a playboy, but being able to just change altitude with a thought and go from seemingly harmless to kicking ass without warning?

Does have a lot of potential screen impact.

AND, it would really help with the suspension of disbelief to believe that one man is such a terror to a whole city of bad guys.

In comparison:
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs

I don't get this choice.
If you are going to pick a small guy why not Shai Labeouf? Like Bale a method actor with a solid ability to be a bad ass.

They say he's put on about 20 lbs of muscle for the part. Chris Hemsworth was skinny when he did Star Trek....but he bulked up to do Thor. Tom Hardy was pretty scrawny too when he did Star Trek, but he bulked up and got the Batman job playing Bane.

I think Pattinson is a good actor....but he's being dragged down by that dreadful Twilight mess.
Most of the stuff he's been doing has been shit people don't want to watch.
So this is an opportunity for him to become an A-lister again.

Last edited:
In comparison:
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs

I don't get this choice.

They say he's put on about 20 lbs of muscle for the part. Chris Hemsworth was skinny when he did Star Trek....but he bulked up to do Thor. Tom Hardy was pretty scrawny too when he did Star Trek, but he bulked up and got the Batman job playing Bane.

I think Pattinson is a good actor....but he's being dragged down by that dreadful Twilight mess.
Most of the stuff he's been doing has been shit people don't want to watch.
So this is an opportunity for him to become an A-lister again.
The Lighthouse was bizarre with a capital B. The sexual aspect of it was icky to the nth degree.
Pattinson, and of course Dafoe, gave a tremendous performance. But his character was a junior keeper. Not a grown man.
Physically Pattinson is darn skinny, and has that sunken chest thing. He doesn't look strong. And I can't imagine how he is going to do the voice.

View attachment 306965

Too swarthy. Bruce Wayne should look like Old Money. More of those inbred, sharp features.

Wow. That is big.

I recall, The Dark Knight graphic novel. The concept of a big guy, pretending to be a playboy, but being able to just change altitude with a thought and go from seemingly harmless to kicking ass without warning?

AND, it would really help with the suspension of disbelief to believe that one man is such a terror to a whole city of bad guys.
A terrorist on the lose can scare the crap out of people.
But if the thought of committing a crime can end in your death....that's some scary shit for a criminal.
Most criminals are just bullies in real life.
They're used to people who are too scared to defend themselves.

View attachment 306965

Wow. That is big.

A terrorist on the lose can scare the crap out of people.
But if the thought of committing a crime can end in your death....that's some scary shit for a criminal.
Most criminals are just bullies in real life.
They're used to people who are too scared to defend themselves.

Well, agreed, except that batman almost never is shown killing someone, but a good beating, is still enough to scare people.

But yes.

You are dead to me.

Yup.

Wow. I just reviewed him on IMD, and you're right. Other than Multiplicity, and maybe Beetlejuice, I don't see anything he did that I recall him as a plus.

He was pretty good in Spider Man: Homecoming. I liked The Other Guys, and at least don't remember him being bad in that. I haven't seen or don't remember most of the movies he's had parts in, though.

You are dead to me.
.Ok, not completely dead. That does sound pretty good. But oh, my fucking god, BEN AFFLECK?

Yup.

He was pretty good in Spider Man: Homecoming. I liked The Other Guys, and at least don't remember him being bad in that. I haven't seen or don't remember most of the movies he's had parts in, though.

He was ok in homecoming. That was a great role. He was not super convincing as a tough guy.

That guy made a horrible vampire too. Skinny like a bantam rooster without the attitude. Limpid, scrawny, skinny, not manly at all. Hate him. But I don't watch batman movies anyway so............

With that said..if they made Aquaman or The Hulk be played by David Hogg...it would just as bad.

That guy made a horrible vampire too. Skinny like a bantam rooster without the attitude. Limpid, scrawny, skinny, not manly at all. Hate him. But I don't watch batman movies anyway so............

With that said..if they made Aquaman or The Hulk be played by David Hogg...it would just as bad.
the Hulk is CGI so it may not matter who plays banner...

the Hulk is CGI so it may not matter who plays banner...
I know. But I was making a point, lol.

How about Blade being played by Erkel?

Forum List

Back