The New York Times Retracts the Sicknick Story

Fair to say that all five were Trump supporters.
Where did you get all that information?
I heard,
One woman was crushed in the crowd,
One guy gave himself a heart attack by tazing his balls repeatedly while stealing a picture of Tip O'Neill,
Someone died falling off the scaffolding they were climbing,
The police officer died the next day of a massive blood clot,
A. Babbitt was shot by police as she attempted to enter the House environs through a broken window

THE BETTER QUESTION IS WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR NEWS?! :auiqs.jpg:

The story is still on their website. No retraction.
Yeah. They have no risk of being deplatformed.Ever.
So, why should they?
They reported the blobbers murdering a cop. No need to retract.
His family said that it was fake news.
Besides, cops was a Trumper. What bdo you care?

The Left can't help lying.
There was no retraction. The OP is false.
Show proof that he was hit with a fire extinguisher.
Show proof you weren't dropped on your head at birth. You provide evidence every day but I want proof.
You are claiming that the cop was murdered by Pro Activist protestors.
Show us the receipts.
His family are denying that he was hit.

Blobbers are responsible for the cop's death. Trump supporters crave violence...always have...always will.

So the 5 deaths were
an unarmed Pro Democracy activist shot dead unarmed by the State.
A cop (Trump supporter) who died of a stroke.
An elderly bus driver who died of a heart attack after dropping off Trump supporters.
A Trump supporter who was shot from the roof of the Capitol.
I have to admit the fifth is unknown to me.
I heard,
One guy gave himself a heart attack by tazing his balls repeatedly while stealing a picture of Tip O'Neill,
A. Babbitt was shot by police as she attempted to enter the House environs through a broken window
So.
Based on your own information, how many of those were murdered by Trump supporters?

Weeks after spreading lies and more of their fake news they finally retract, quietly.

In a quiet but stunning correction, the New York Times backed away from its original report that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick was killed by a Trump supporter wielding a fire extinguisher during the January 6 melee at the Capitol building. Shortly after American Greatness published my column Friday that showed how the Times gradually was backpedaling on its January 8 bombshell, the paper posted this caveat:
UPDATE: New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.
The paper continued to revise its story within the body of the original January 8 story: “Law enforcement officials initially said Mr. Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher, but weeks later, police sources and investigators were at odds over whether he was hit. Medical experts have said he did not die of blunt force trauma, according to one law enforcement official.”
What’s missing, however, is how the Times first described what happened to Sicknick. “Mr. Sicknick, 42, an officer for the Capitol Police, died on Thursday from brain injuries he sustained after Trump loyalists who overtook the complex struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials.”
The account of Sicknick’s death was reported as fact, not speculation or rumor. Further, it appears that the anonymous sources were not law enforcement officials but people “close” to the police department—which means they could have been anyone from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to inveterate liar U.S. Representative Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) to the Democratic mayor of Washington, D.C., Muriel Bowser.
Not only was the Times’ untrue story about Sicknick’s death accepted as fact by every news media organization from the Wall Street Journal to the Washington Post, political pundits on the NeverTrump Right also regurgitated the narrative that Sicknick was “murdered” as did lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

Sicknick's family said he died the following day of a heart attack.

Weeks after spreading lies and more of their fake news they finally retract, quietly.

In a quiet but stunning correction, the New York Times backed away from its original report that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick was killed by a Trump supporter wielding a fire extinguisher during the January 6 melee at the Capitol building. Shortly after American Greatness published my column Friday that showed how the Times gradually was backpedaling on its January 8 bombshell, the paper posted this caveat:
UPDATE: New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.
The paper continued to revise its story within the body of the original January 8 story: “Law enforcement officials initially said Mr. Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher, but weeks later, police sources and investigators were at odds over whether he was hit. Medical experts have said he did not die of blunt force trauma, according to one law enforcement official.”
What’s missing, however, is how the Times first described what happened to Sicknick. “Mr. Sicknick, 42, an officer for the Capitol Police, died on Thursday from brain injuries he sustained after Trump loyalists who overtook the complex struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials.”
The account of Sicknick’s death was reported as fact, not speculation or rumor. Further, it appears that the anonymous sources were not law enforcement officials but people “close” to the police department—which means they could have been anyone from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to inveterate liar U.S. Representative Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) to the Democratic mayor of Washington, D.C., Muriel Bowser.
Not only was the Times’ untrue story about Sicknick’s death accepted as fact by every news media organization from the Wall Street Journal to the Washington Post, political pundits on the NeverTrump Right also regurgitated the narrative that Sicknick was “murdered” as did lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

So the NYTs used the death of a good man to damage the President at the time?? They have besmirched the good name of the Officer who sadly died; one whose death they probably cheered.

Greg

How much more about the "insurrection" was not true. While the violent riot at the capitol was wrong, I doubt anyone really expected to be able to overthrow the government.

Especially considering they were armed with nothing more than flagpoles and the random fire extinguisher.

If you really expect to take over the capitol you come in guns a blazin' not flagpoles a swingin'.

They didn't call it one, but yes, there was a retraction.
The story still appears on their website.

Do try keeping up:

"The New York Times issued a long-overdue correction to their reporting that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick died from injuries sustained during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. In a report published on Jan. 8., The Times cited anonymous sources to claim that Officer Sicknick died from injuries he sustained after being struck in the head by a fire extinguisher during the riot. That original claim, however, has since been discredited."

Well, that lets the rioters off the hook, doesn't it? What a coincidence that he suffers a totally unrelated medical crisis immediately after battling physically with protestors--but it could have happened. He would have had the same outcome if he'd been home watching tv, right? I think we've been hearing this for days, actually. There is no bruising or fractures that would indicate blunt force trauma with a fire extinguisher. I'll wait for the full medical examiner's report. I've read enough of Patricia Cornwall's novels to know it's best to wait.
I do agree, it's best to wait; however, I do think it does make a difference. Is it really correct to classify this as an insurrection? Where's the firepower? If the intention of these rioters were to overthrow the government, I would expect that they would be armed with guns, not fire extinguishers.
Yes, imo, it was a real insurrection, and the people involved didn't have to think out what to do next, because they figured the President was going to handle all that. He told them to stop the steal, so they went to the Capitol, stormed it, and DID stop the certification process for seven hours. Maybe they considered it more symbolic than tactical, but some of them probably thought T**** would remain President without this certification thing. Some of them don't seem to have done much thinking at all, tbh.

The haul included an assault rifle, a crossbow and 11 Molotov cocktails — all found in the car of an Alabama man.Others had brass knuckles and pocket knives, stun guns and "stinger whips."In all, police recovered a dozen guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition from seven people who were arrested before and after the Capitol riot, according to a review of court documents. One man, Lonnie Coffman of Alabama, was found with a massive arsenal that included five guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition, federal prosecutors say.
Then, there was this guy.
Another man, Cleveland Grover Meredith, drove to Washington from Colorado with an assault-style Tavor X95 rifle with a telescopic sight, a Glock 9 mm with high-capacity magazines and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition, including at least 320 rounds of "armor-piercing bullets," according to federal prosecutors.

Of course, that's just from the 75 the police arrested that day. Many weapons no doubt went back home with the returning protestors. They were wearing bullet proof vests, carrying radios, zip ties, and they also used baseball bats, flag poles, fists and feet to fight.

They weren't "unarmed."

Last edited:
So the 5 deaths were
An elderly bus driver who died of a heart attack after dropping off Trump supporters.
I heard,
So.
Based on your own information, how many of those were murdered by Trump supporters?
Probably the cop. The rest would all be alive if they hadn't been there that day, don't you agree? Did someone say all those people were murdered by T **** supporters? .

Well, that lets the rioters off the hook, doesn't it? What a coincidence that he suffers a totally unrelated medical crisis immediately after battling physically with protestors--but it could have happened. He would have had the same outcome if he'd been home watching tv, right? I think we've been hearing this for days, actually. There is no bruising or fractures that would indicate blunt force trauma with a fire extinguisher. I'll wait for the full medical examiner's report. I've read enough of Patricia Cornwall's novels to know it's best to wait.

What?

Sicknick was at WORK doing his job.

/thread

Another huge lie and very small retraction. The NYT lies regularly.
The truth in all matters related to Donald Trump is only of secondary concern, if at all. And once again, reporters who egregiously exploited a man’s untimely death to score political points against a man they revile won’t be held accountable. Another hoax down the memory hole.

Antifa and BLM and other assorted leftist terrorists injured 2000, that's TWO THOUSAND officers during last year's riots. Two thousand. Yet the democrat USMB members and our own "impartial" national media outlets claim insurrection and treason over the death of one cop who was not, as it turns out, killed by conservative American protestors on January sixth. Democrats at large, at least those with the biggest mouths, care nothing for the lives of our law enforcement officers and agents. Again, Democratic Party hypocrisy is stunning in its insidiousness and filthy ignorance.

Jaw-Dropping: Police Chief Association Releases Number of Officers Injured During Violent Riots

So the 5 deaths were
I heard,
So.
Probably the cop. The rest would all be alive if they hadn't been there that day, don't you agree? Did someone say all those people were murdered by T **** supporters? .

No he died at HOME, either from Stroke or heart attack.

NYT lied all along since the police never said he was hit or killed by the Fire extinguisher, it was a lie that you and other democrats so quickly swallowed.

Try not to be so gullible over what the NYT says.

Yes the NYT lies hard on this, claiming brain trauma, when the medical people say NO evidence of blunt force trauma.

"What’s missing, however, is how the Times first described what happened to Sicknick. “Mr. Sicknick, 42, an officer for the Capitol Police, died on Thursday from brain injuries he sustained after Trump loyalists who overtook the complex struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials.”

The account of Sicknick’s death was reported as fact, not speculation or rumor. Further, it appears that the anonymous sources were not law enforcement officials but people “close” to the police department—which means they could have been anyone from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to inveterate liar U.S. Representative Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) to the Democratic mayor of Washington, D.C., Muriel Bowser."

Where's the firepower? If the intention of these rioters were to overthrow the government, I would expect that they would be armed with guns, not fire extinguishers.
Yes, imo, it was a real insurrection, and the people involved didn't have to think out what to do next, because they figured the President was going to handle all that. He told them to stop the steal, so they went to the Capitol, stormed it
Another opinion of yours from the same place that told you a guy killed himself tasing his balls while stealing a picture of Tip O'Neil? Here's some of Trump's 'storm-troopers' stopping to be interviewed:

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.59.25 PM.png

The haul included an assault rifle, a crossbow and 11 Molotov cocktails — all found in the car of an Alabama man.Others had brass knuckles and pocket knives, stun guns and "stinger whips."In all, police recovered a dozen guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition from seven people who were arrested before and after the Capitol riot, according to a review of court documents.
And yet not one person was shot or stabbed by a Trump Supporter! Amazing!

Of course, that's just from the 75 the police arrested that day. Many weapons no doubt went back home with the returning protestors. They were wearing bullet proof vests, carrying radios, zip ties, and they also used baseball bats, flag poles, fists and feet to fight.

You're a fucking idiot. No one came from the rally carrying anything like that. They don't let you near a president with so much as a pen knife! You're an idiot who believes anything. If any of what you describe is true at all, it came from a handful of kooks who planned and came there with their own agenda planning to use the cover of the rally and peaceful protest to hide and confuse their nefarious activities.

SHOW US where all these heavily armed people were at the actual rally and general protestors actually filmed the day of the event?

So the 5 deaths were
I heard,
So.

No he died at HOME, either from Stroke or heart attack.

NYT lied all along since the police never said he was hit or killed by the Fire extinguisher, it was a lie that you and other democrats so quickly swallowed.

Try not to be so gullible over what the NYT says.
They are not gullible my friend; they are abettors!!!

Greg

They didn't call it one, but yes, there was a retraction.
The story still appears on their website.

Do try keeping up:

"The New York Times issued a long-overdue correction to their reporting that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick died from injuries sustained during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. In a report published on Jan. 8., The Times cited anonymous sources to claim that Officer Sicknick died from injuries he sustained after being struck in the head by a fire extinguisher during the riot. That original claim, however, has since been discredited."
Retraction? No.

What?

Sicknick was at WORK doing his job.

/thread
Take a break, have some coffee.

Forum List

Back