The New Normal: Gun Sales Skyrocketing

I don't own a gun and I even refused one as a gift when I was in law school at night in DC after my day job. It was a derringer. I grew up in a house with guns in it in northern New Jersey. My father had them and even allowed me to site them at paper targets when I was a child under ten and then he pulled the trigger. He also taught me never, ever to point a gun toward another human being. Neither were we so badly off that he had to kill animals, so he never hunted.

Should I, as a woman, buy a gun? women have been subjects of aggression for all of time, even by relatives. Other folks have been subject to aggression on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity. Should we all be heavily armed?

Should we all be heavily armed?

Heavily, no.

Having one for self defnse?

Yes

You don't know what you are getting into. I was subjected as a teenager by an older man who pinned me against a wall, this happened again when I was a young woman in college. Should I have had a gun and shot them? These people put their hands on me and blocked my way.

if you had pulled that derringer, would you have needed to pull the trigger?

Or would the sight of it served as a deterrent?

Different situations. I refused the derringer when I was in my thirties. Being slammed against walls was teenage and 20s in college. Many people have finally told their stories in the age of @MeToo. Should a girl or woman being subjected to such behavior just shoot the guy doing it? There will be a lot of dead bodies.

In all honesty, you sound like one of those people who probably shouldn't carry a weapon. Sorry for the bad treatment you received in your past, but deeply-seated emotional grudges are probably not the best reason to carry something that could immediately snuff out another person's life.

Although you're probably not an "asshole" per se, you do forfeit your right to be one when you carry a weapon.

That's just my two cents worth.

People who insist on carrying something that could immediately snuff out another person's life ARE people who carry deeply-seated emotional grudges. You people seem to think think that I should have shot and killed these people who assaulted me. I didn't kill them.

You people seem to think think that I should have shot and killed these people who assaulted me.

I don't remember anyone saying that.

Barry was the gun salesman of the decade, Democrats look to outdo him.
I’ve been trying to find another Glock 43X for awhile, it’s been a task.

Americans are preparing.

Most people put money in 401Ks.

QOP losers buy that 10th gun...
Have you seen gun prices lately?

That was an unfortunate comment you made.

:laughing0301:

We're not laughing with you. We're laughing at you.

Barry was the gun salesman of the decade, Democrats look to outdo him.
I’ve been trying to find another Glock 43X for awhile, it’s been a task.

Americans are preparing.

Most people put money in 401Ks.

QOP losers buy that 10th gun...
So Biden can destroy our savings?
Hardly.
Used guns sales prices are better than new and when Harris outlaws them we’ll be billionaires.

I don't own a gun and I even refused one as a gift when I was in law school at night in DC after my day job. It was a derringer. I grew up in a house with guns in it in northern New Jersey. My father had them and even allowed me to site them at paper targets when I was a child under ten and then he pulled the trigger. He also taught me never, ever to point a gun toward another human being. Neither were we so badly off that he had to kill animals, so he never hunted.

Should I, as a woman, buy a gun? women have been subjects of aggression for all of time, even by relatives. Other folks have been subject to aggression on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity. Should we all be heavily armed?

Heavily, no.

Yes

You don't know what you are getting into. I was subjected as a teenager by an older man who pinned me against a wall, this happened again when I was a young woman in college. Should I have had a gun and shot them? These people put their hands on me and blocked my way.

Different situations. I refused the derringer when I was in my thirties. Being slammed against walls was teenage and 20s in college. Many people have finally told their stories in the age of @MeToo. Should a girl or woman being subjected to such behavior just shoot the guy doing it? There will be a lot of dead bodies.

The point of having a gun is NOT to shoot anyone, but to get your way by scaring them.
A shot in the air or ground is the most anyone ever has to do.

You think anyone is dumb enough to rob your house while you are there?
Castle doctrine only works when you are in the castle

Dumb enough? Yeah, called "home invasions". Result, death, rape, burglary.
Those aren’t burglaries
Someone coming to steal the guns out of your house will wait until nobody is home

Those aren’t burglaries
Someone coming to steal the guns out of your house will wait until nobody is home
You need to go back to law school and learn the definition of buglary.

Hint: B.R.E.D.N.I.F. Except now most jurisdictions have removed the "N"
It no longer need to be at night.

Those aren’t burglaries

LOL...cant wait to see them get past the gates,the dogs,the cameras,the alarm system,the 1000 lb gun safe.
I'd actually pay to see these morons attempt it.

My view is that a woman should always be armed. Dont just get one though. Practice with it monthly. You want muscle memory so when something really happens you dont freak out from too much adrenaline.

My view is that a woman should always be armed. Dont just get one though. Practice with it monthly. You want muscle memory so when something really happens you dont freak out from too much adrenaline.
Agreed 100%

Arm yourselves and practice, ladies.

Heavily, no.

Yes

Again, your question reeks of a lack of understanding.

Deadly force is available to stop rape.

But, a show of force is often enough. Just pull the gun on those motherfuckers and they back way.

It's not an all-or-nothing proposition.
Where I am from if you pull a gun you better use it. If youre not going to use it your body language will just give it away and they will take the gun from you.

Heavily, no.

Yes

Again, your question reeks of a lack of understanding.

Deadly force is available to stop rape.

But, a show of force is often enough. Just pull the gun on those motherfuckers and they back way.

It's not an all-or-nothing proposition.
Where I am from if you pull a gun you better use it. If youre not going to use it your body language will just give it away and they will take the gun from you.
Every situation is different.

If some hard pipe-hitting thugs rolled up on me, I would be less likely to just threaten. That could be more deadly than not drawing at all.

What I hear is Kamala Harris is going to take away your guns.
Biden is going to name her Gun Confiscation Czar

Better stock up NOW!

No, Beto the Fake Mexican is Biden's Gun Confiscation Tsar.
I hope CNN has a video crew with Beto when he goes up to a gun owners home and demands the gun owner turn over all his guns to Beto.

CNN won't show it. As the State-Controlled media, they want the confiscation to go as smoothly as possible.

Forum List

Back