The Need To Ban Contraception To Increase The Domestic Supply Of Infants

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Republican state Rep. Brent Crane, Assistant Majority Leader for Idaho’s House of Representatives, gave a jawdropping TV interview on Friday in which he openly admitted that his caucus would consider banning certain forms of birth control, including Plan B emergency contraception and intrauterine devices (IUDs) -- Of course, we’ve all known for some time that Republicans weren’t going to stop at banning abortion—even some U.S. senators have warned that they’re coming for birth control next. Later in the same interview, journalist Melissa Davlin asks Crane whether the state Republican Party has considered ways to support people who are facing unplanned pregnancies --Are they planning to boost social services? Crane responded bluntly: “As far as a caucus, have we had that discussion? No.”

It seems Republicans can't be honest about their intentions, so they have to talk out of both sides of their mouth...on one hand, they tell us that it's ridiculous to think anyone would actually pass legislation to ban contraceptives while at the same time trying to pass legislation to ban contraceptives....I guess that is what all of the talk about "domestic supply of infants" was ...as the racist former GOP congressman Steve King once said -- "we can't restore our civilization with someone else's babies" -- so yea, gotta get that domestic supply level up...

"In the draft, which was leaked to Politico, Alito references adoption as a reason for abortion to be overturned, using the phrase “domestic supply of infants” to indicate that less abortion would help increase the supply of babies that adoptive mothers are seeking -- Many have since condemned the commentary, comparing it to treating women as cattle for breeding, as well as “The Handmaid’s Tale,” stating that the terminology was also reminiscent of human trafficking."

So on the check list....we got rid of Roe V Wade...Now Republicans are on record for wanting to get rid of the Griswold decision; which is basically the 57 yr old decision that gave people the right to use birth control....so one should ask, if we are looking to increase the domestic supply of infants into our foster care/adoption system -- why do Conservatives also seek to cut funding for these services??

In fact, why do Conservatives invest so much into the life of a fetus before it becomes a child (aside from prenatal care via Medicaid, they want to cut that too) -- why not EQUALLY invest in programs that benefit that "domestic supply of infants" after they are born?? Programs like WIC, Snap, Medicaid, not abolishing free public education, improving the foster care system instead of allowing kids to fall into the cracks, be victims of abuse, etc, etc, etc?? Sounds like this is more about the desire to control a woman's vagina and the desire to punish her for not being "chaste" -- which is what most fundamentalist theocrats want....but since it is not a popular position to have, they have to lie about it....I thought lying was a sin too...

Here we go...must be election season....the dems are trotting out their demonization routines again.
Republicans want to bring chains back!! <g>
Anything but how the economy and inflation are doing...
1652088455009.png

Here we go...must be election season....the dems are trotting out their demonization routines again.
Republicans want to bring chains back!! <g>
Anything but how the economy and inflation are doing...
View attachment 642257
Well you can actually see the interview. A lawmaker in a leadership position in Idaho. is considering going after certain forms of contraception. That isn't significant as a position in your opinion?

"Republican state Rep. Brent Crane, Assistant Majority Leader for Idaho’s House of Representatives, gave a jawdropping TV interview on Friday in which he openly admitted that his caucus would consider banning certain forms of birth control, including Plan B emergency contraception and intrauterine devices (IUDs) -- Of course, we’ve all known for some time that Republicans weren’t going to stop at banning abortion—even some U.S. senators have warned that they’re coming for birth control next. Later in the same interview, journalist Melissa Davlin asks Crane whether the state Republican Party has considered ways to support people who are facing unplanned pregnancies --Are they planning to boost social services? Crane responded bluntly: “As far as a caucus, have we had that discussion? No.”

It seems Republicans can't be honest about their intentions, so they have to talk out of both sides of their mouth...on one hand, they tell us that it's ridiculous to think anyone would actually pass legislation to ban contraceptives while at the same time trying to pass legislation to ban contraceptives....I guess that is what all of the talk about "domestic supply of infants" was ...as the racist former GOP congressman Steve King once said -- "we can't restore our civilization with someone else's babies" -- so yea, gotta get that domestic supply level up...

"In the draft, which was leaked to Politico, Alito references adoption as a reason for abortion to be overturned, using the phrase “domestic supply of infants” to indicate that less abortion would help increase the supply of babies that adoptive mothers are seeking -- Many have since condemned the commentary, comparing it to treating women as cattle for breeding, as well as “The Handmaid’s Tale,” stating that the terminology was also reminiscent of human trafficking."

So on the check list....we got rid of Roe V Wade...Now Republicans are on record for wanting to get rid of the Griswold decision; which is basically the 57 yr old decision that gave people the right to use birth control....so one should ask, if we are looking to increase the domestic supply of infants into our foster care/adoption system -- why do Conservatives also seek to cut funding for these services??

In fact, why do Conservatives invest so much into the life of a fetus before it becomes a child (aside from prenatal care via Medicaid, they want to cut that too) -- why not EQUALLY invest in programs that benefit that "domestic supply of infants" after they are born?? Programs like WIC, Snap, Medicaid, not abolishing free public education, improving the foster care system instead of allowing kids to fall into the cracks, be victims of abuse, etc, etc, etc?? Sounds like this is more about the desire to control a woman's vagina and the desire to punish her for not being "chaste" -- which is what most fundamentalist theocrats want....but since it is not a popular position to have, they have to lie about it....I thought lying was a sin too...

My only concern is the same as racist Dem hero, Margaret Sanger--black people don't get enough abortions.

Wow, interesting to see the reference to "Handmaid's Tale". Our older daughter suggested we watch it as a reflection of these times.

It's becoming more and more clear that most of these people want a theocracy. They're Holy Warriors. Jihadis. This is their moment.

And most amazingly, all being led by as unholy a man as you'll find, an opportunistic grifter who gave them power in exchange for adoration.

Well you can actually see the interview. A lawmaker in a leadership position in Idaho. is considering going after certain forms of contraception. That isn't significant as a position in your opinion?
All he would be doing is create a "black market" for those contraception items.
It would never become law.
I remember an interview when a democrat congressman said that "Wake Island would capsize".
Pols occasionally say stupid shit.

Wow, interesting to see the reference to "Handmaid's Tale". Our older daughter suggested we watch it as a reflection of these times.

It's becoming more and more clear that most of these people want a theocracy. They're Holy Warriors. Jihadis. This is their moment
Exactly. The damn authoritarian Jesus Nazis want us all governed by their perverted interpretation of Christianity.

You were doing so well.

Then....
And most amazingly, all being led by as unholy a man as you'll find, an opportunistic grifter who gave them power in exchange for adoration.
There's got to be a TDS pill you can take or something.

It's becoming more and more clear that most of these people want a theocracy. They're Holy Warriors. Jihadis. This is their moment.

1652090142450.png

House STATE Reps in both parties are very often nuts.

I seen a very powerful quote with regards to all of these references to Handmaid's Tale...

And I agree with her 1000000%

All he would be doing is create a "black market" for those contraception items.
It would never become law.
I remember an interview when a democrat congressman said that "Wake Island would capsize".
Pols occasionally say stupid shit.
I agree that it is stupid. But I also know that politicians in leadership positions typically don't give interviews citing viewpoints that doesn't help them get elected. Telling me that the GOP in Idaho believes that there's enough support for the notion in Idaho to at least float the idea.

I find that very significant. A ruling from the Supreme Court is coming down that would allow States, if the legal argument is followed in the case of contraception, to limit contraception. Lawmakers in certain States in the leadership are willing to voice their support for it.

And the best you can do is "he just said something stupid"

Alito, if his legal argument is followed has opened Pandora's box. And I don't think most people will want to know what horrors it can and will bring forth.

I agree that it is stupid. But I also know that politicians in leadership positions typically don't give interviews citing viewpoints that doesn't help them get elected. Telling me that the GOP in Idaho believes that there's enough support for the notion in Idaho to at least float the idea.

I find that very significant. A ruling from the Supreme Court is coming down that would allow States, if the legal argument is followed in the case of contraception, to limit contraception. Lawmakers in certain States in the leadership are willing to voice their support for it.

Alito, if his legal argument is followed has opened Pandora's box. And I don't think most people will want to know what horrors it can and will bring forth.
Conservatives have to dismiss positions they can't defend as "oh, that guy is just saying something stupid" -- knowing that once that "stupid thing" becomes policy -- they will defend it...

It is only "stupid" until it gets passed...and then those same Conservatives that were calling it stupid will start telling you get over it...

The box was opened when we went from all in a chorus to special groups being the conductor. This is not even a major issue. It is a compromise. A long time coming.

The box was opened when we went from all in a chorus to special groups being the conductor. This is not even a major issue. It is a compromise. A long time coming.
How is banning contraception a compromise??

And a compromise with who?? Religious fundamentalist theocrats and the rest of us??

Forum List

Back