What's new

The Mysterious Disappearing Thanks Button

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once before I couldn't see a thanks button on anybody's posts so I couldn't thank them. That time the problem was short lived and probably was corected when I rebooted.

Got a PM from another member last night who was having the same problem and wondered what to do about it. Advised her to just wait it out a bit or reboot and problem should be solved.

Got up this morning and no thanks button so I can't thank anybody's posts. Anybody else having this problem? Any advice on how to fix it? Or is a board glitch? (Rebooting didn't help.)

uscitizen

Reaction score
Board glitch, go out of USMB and back in and it should reapear.

Sometimes just going to a different thread makes it come back.

uscitizen

Reaction score
Mine just went away for this thread after I replied and edited my reply.

uscitizen

Reaction score
I did a refresh of the thread and the thanks buttons came back.

OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay now it's back??????? This is soooo wierd.

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Mine comes and goes.

I thought it was just a way of controlling how many times you could "thank" another poster.

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The telepathy mods know you would regret thanking the post later, so they just saved you some time and aggrevation...

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once before I couldn't see a thanks button on anybody's posts so I couldn't thank them. That time the problem was short lived and probably was corected when I rebooted.

Got a PM from another member last night who was having the same problem and wondered what to do about it. Advised her to just wait it out a bit or reboot and problem should be solved.

Got up this morning and no thanks button so I can't thank anybody's posts. Anybody else having this problem? Any advice on how to fix it? Or is a board glitch? (Rebooting didn't help.)
Foxfyre, if there are a lot of graphics or youtubes like in the Music boards sometimes I have to hit restart 3 or 4 times. It's a loading issue, and with a lot of information on one area of the thread, it takes a lot longer. I love music, especially the stuff I heard from the time I was about 4 years old on, I'm at the Music boards a lot.

I have a fairly recent computer that is under 2 years old, but with keeping Firefox as a helper, it's better than it used to be because it gets rid of useless stuff you never use in your history every time you go offline, coming back online brings a brighter picture.

My record is rebooting about 4 times without restarting the computer. Sometimes, you just have to let Firefox do its thing when you go offline or turn off and restart your computer. It's worse at the end of day than beginning, it seems.

Intense

Reaction score
The telepathy mods know you would regret thanking the post later, so they just saved you some time and aggrevation...
Shhhhh!!!...... Sometimes after I Rep Someone, I notice the Thanks Button will disappear on their posts, until they can be Repped again.

alan1

Gold Member
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shhhhh!!!...... Sometimes after I Rep Someone, I notice the Thanks Button will disappear on their posts, until they can be Repped again.
I've never repped anybody, so I've never noticed that.

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As a telepathy poster. I saw ALL of this coming.

Most reactions - Past 7 days