Brooklyn, NY
Relax....this is about politics.

1. Here the song at issue:

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too"
"Imagine," by John Lennon

Yup....the universal anthem of Liberalism: "Imagine," by John Lennon.

2. No countries...the end of sovereignty.....only United Nations global government.
Unelected elites making the rules for all of us. Imagine.

a. ‘Global governance, the idea of all humankind united under one common political authority, has not existed so far in human history. This is not to say that it hasn’t been debated, called for, fought for…and as recently as the 20th century, enforced on large swaths of the planet….called communism.... data is available documenting the deleterious effects: responsible for over 100 million slaughtered. How to explain its endorsement by the Western elites? Simple: it is a religious belief called, among other things, Liberalism.
"Sovereignty or Submission: Will Americans Rule Themselves or be Ruled by Others?" by John Fonte

3. Imagaine....if there were no counties, it stands to reason, "Nothing to kill or die for."
I'm guessing that we could find a few things that people kill or die for in both the history of mankind and the penal code. Any disagree?

4. And, possibly the most invidious lie told, and believed by Liberals..."more have died because of religion...." Got that covered: " And no religion too" Imagine.
a. First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million
Russian Civil War (1917–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 million
Soviet Union, Stalin’s regime (1924–53): . . . . . . . . . 20 million
Second World War (1937–45): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55 million
Chinese Civil War (1945–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5 million
People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s
regime (1949–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 50 million
Korean War (1950–53): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.8 million
North Korea (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 million
Rwanda and Burundi (1959–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.35 million
What was the religious basis for those? The only religion I see in there is the religion of Leftism.

5. And, of course, the attraction of Liberalism for many is no recriminations, no judgments about anyone....after all, each person is entitled to his or her personal morality...true? Got that covered, too:
"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us

Above us only sky"

6. And, if there is no societal morality, then " Imagine all the people
Living for today..." Yup...'do your own thing.'

7. But there is some good news.....

" Often as people mature they out-grow their naïve embrace of leftist ideology and begin to see things in their true light,...' John Lennon was a closet Republican, who felt a little embarrassed by his former radicalism, at the time of his death - according to the tragic Beatles star's last personal assistant.'

He says, "John, basically, made it very clear that if he were an American he would vote for Reagan because he was really sour on (Democrat) Jimmy Carter. By 1979 he looked back on that guy and was embarrassed by that guy's naiveté."(He wrote 'Imagine' in 1970).

This new revelation about the late rock & roll legend should give us all pause to reflect upon the hollow nature of liberalism. For those of us who have misguided friends, family and associates who continue to cling to the factually devoid ideology of the left, be patient yet unrelenting in exposing these lost souls to the truth and Imagine them discovering the world of reality."
Blog: Imagine John Lennon as a Republican

So.....perhaps there is hope?

Maybe?

Musically a great song..

Do I agree with all the subject matter? No.. But then again, I am a huge fan of Black Sabbath's War Pigs, and I am a huge proponent of the military..

That's the good thing about art.

You can love the content but not the message.

You can love the message but not the content.

You can love both, you can love neither.

I can see Political Chic frantically searching her archives for a book to quote 3/4 of her post to and settling for the John Lennon angle.

I am a (literally) dying kind of guy. I love CLASSICAL music, and firmly believe that Rock 'n Roll died a premature death when the Rolling Stones contaminated the music scene with their drug-infested noise and disgusting on-stage and off-stage antics.

Having said that, when I read the title of the thread, immediately the same John Lennon abomination of a "song" came to mind.

Thank, PoliticalChic, you said it for me better than I could have, myself.

I am a (literally) dying kind of guy. I love CLASSICAL music, and firmly believe that Rock 'n Roll died a premature death when the Rolling Stones contaminated the music scene with their drug-infested noise and disgusting on-stage and off-stage antics.

Having said that, when I read the title of the thread, immediately the same John Lennon abomination of a "song" came to mind.

Thank, PoliticalChic, you said it for me better than I could have, myself.

I wish you well, my friend.

this song makes me see images of a bunch of lazy dirty hippies laying around doing nothing all day.

Disgusting, taken literally; brilliant, taken sardonically:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqXAW2snGMI]Oingo Boingo - Capitalism - 1983 - YouTube[/ame]

I like the sardonic interpretion. :)

Imagine, John Lennon's words, poetry, music and name are known by more people in the world and will continue to be known far into the future. More than any US President or world leader in history. Perhaps Hitler gives him a run, but who else? And Hitler is only known in name and being an evil man. Few actually know what he had to say.

Right wingers sure do love their strife and misery.

Strife and misery is a whining multimillionaire crying and bitching about and "Imagine" things that no normal person would want to be part of, rolling and writhing in bed, 24/7, with his hippy skank.

The Beatles in general and John Lennon in particular should have stopped and enjoy their success as great composers and mediocre singers before butting their noses into a field totally out their field of expertise: politics.

PC apparently saw that John Lennon pic that was on a magazine cover that's currently on the racks at grocery store checkouts,

and she promptly had a fainting spell and awoke with a topic.

Relax....this is about politics.

1. Here the song at issue:

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too"
"Imagine," by John Lennon...

yeahIm-gonna-have.jpg

Forum List

Back