The month of Ramadan

I have great content and hate towards anything Islamic

I don't-----I have been very objective. I was so friendly towards islam that I got invited to visit a mosque----
it was a shocking experience for me------I DID NOT EXPECT ..... what I heard in the "KHUTBAH JUMAAT"----I almost threw up
What did they say ??

it was on a Good Friday -----I was a student at the time----a day off. There were lots of little boys with
their fathers in the mosque-----I saw in the back---an observer. The Imam was supposed to be some kind of visiting GENIUS (I was told) He delivered a lecture-----like a sermon describing the "FACT" that the story about Jesus being Crucified in the NT is a FRAUD!!!!
invented by the "EVIL CHRISTIANS, ENEMIES OF ISLAAM!!!!|" The mosque was in Manhattan, NY---the kids at the mosque were school boys. -----SHEEEESH----it was circa 1970 ----when we were all singing KUMBAYA---and --I'D LIKE TO BUY THE WORLD A COKE -----no one murmured----I took deep breaths to avoid vomiting

So he was an ignorant Imam.. Muslims don't believe in blood sacrifice and they don't think a holy man like Jesus should die such a cruel humiliatig death.. so the think Judas was crucified in his place. Suits their sense of justice. They don't understand why Christians aren't overjoyed with that news.

believe it or not----you have told me aspects of islamic belief that is not at all new to me nor is it at all impressive ----EXCEPT it underscores the fact that islamic "history" and self evaluation is SHOEHORNED to islamic tastes. I was only 20 years old when I happily conversed with interest with young muslims in the USA for FURTHER EDUCATION-----I was damned opened minded----------back then.

You converted to Islam in the US?

Have you lived in any Muslim country?

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

1. Jesus was bearded, as are most Muslims, but only the rare Christian.

2. Jesus dressed modestly. If we close our eyes and form a mental picture, we see flowing robes, from wrists to ankles—much like the loose Arabian thobes and the Indio-Pakistani shalwar kameez, typical of the Muslims of those areas. What we don’t imagine is the revealing or seductive clothing so ubiquitous in Christian cultures.

3. Jesus’ mother covered her hair, and this practice was maintained among the Christian women of the Holy Land up to the middle of the twentieth century. Again, this is a practice maintained among Muslims as well as Orthodox Jews (of which Jesus was one), but not among modern day Christians.
Manners

1. Jesus focused upon salvation and eschewed finery. How many “righteous” Christians fit this “It’s not just on Sundays” profile? Now how many “five prayers a day, every day of the year” Muslims?

2. Jesus spoke with humility and kindness. He didn’t “showboat.” When we think of his speeches, we don’t imagine theatrics. He was a simple man known for quality and truth. How many preachers and how many evangelists follow this example?

3. Jesus taught his disciples to offer the greeting of “Peace” (Luke 10:5), and then set the example: “Peace be with you” (Luke 24:36, John 20:19, John 20:21, John 20:26). Who continues this practice to this day, Christians or Muslims? “Peace be with you” is the meaning of the Muslim greeting, “Assalam alaikum.” Interestingly enough, we find this greeting in Judaism as well (Genesis 43:23, Numbers 6:26, Judges 6:23, I Samuel 1:17 and I Samuel 25:6).
Religious Practices

1. Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21). Paul taught it wasn’t necessary (Rom 4:11 and Gal 5:2). Muslims believe it is.

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork, in keeping with Old Testament law (Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:. Muslims also believe pork is forbidden. Christians … well, you get the idea.

3. Jesus didn’t give or take usury, in compliance with the Old Testament prohibition (Exodus 22:25). Usury is forbidden in the Old Testament and the Quran, as it was forbidden in the religion of Jesus. The economies of most Christian countries, however, are structured upon usury.

4. Jesus didn’t fornicate, and abstained from extramarital contact with women. Now, this issue extends to the least physical contact with the opposite sex. With the exception of performing religious rituals and helping those in need, Jesus never even touched a woman other than his mother. Strictly practicing Orthodox Jews maintain this practice to this day in observance of Old Testament law. Likewise, practicing Muslims don’t even shake hands between the sexes. Can Christian “hug your neighbor” and “kiss the bride” congregations make the same claim?
Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God (see above), and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam

Jesus Christ (عليه السلام) in Islam Last Lecture by Ahmed Deedat (رحمه الله)

Not about Jesus. Tell us how Islam really feels about non-Muslims.

Muhammed said, "Be kind to the Christians. They are nearest us in faith."

That verse has been abrogated by the verse of the sword. Next.

LOLOL.. Muslims are only allowed defensive wars against anyone who wants to destroy them.. Aren't you bright enough to get that BOTH are true for them? Have you forgotten that the Christian king of Ethiopia gave the Muslims sanctury in the early years?

for fun----discuss the matter with a christian Ethiopian-----we got some in the US and some jews who escaped that country presently SHITTIED UP by muslims

Why burn mosques?

Ethiopia mosque ban: 'Our sacred city of Aksum must be ...
Jun 24, 2019 · The Christian king welcomed them with open arms, and gave Islam its first presence outside the Arabian Peninsula. Today, Muslims make up about 10% of Aksum's population of around 73,000 inhabitants...

I don't-----I have been very objective. I was so friendly towards islam that I got invited to visit a mosque----
it was a shocking experience for me------I DID NOT EXPECT ..... what I heard in the "KHUTBAH JUMAAT"----I almost threw up
What did they say ??

it was on a Good Friday -----I was a student at the time----a day off. There were lots of little boys with
their fathers in the mosque-----I saw in the back---an observer. The Imam was supposed to be some kind of visiting GENIUS (I was told) He delivered a lecture-----like a sermon describing the "FACT" that the story about Jesus being Crucified in the NT is a FRAUD!!!!
invented by the "EVIL CHRISTIANS, ENEMIES OF ISLAAM!!!!|" The mosque was in Manhattan, NY---the kids at the mosque were school boys. -----SHEEEESH----it was circa 1970 ----when we were all singing KUMBAYA---and --I'D LIKE TO BUY THE WORLD A COKE -----no one murmured----I took deep breaths to avoid vomiting

So he was an ignorant Imam.. Muslims don't believe in blood sacrifice and they don't think a holy man like Jesus should die such a cruel humiliatig death.. so the think Judas was crucified in his place. Suits their sense of justice. They don't understand why Christians aren't overjoyed with that news.

believe it or not----you have told me aspects of islamic belief that is not at all new to me nor is it at all impressive ----EXCEPT it underscores the fact that islamic "history" and self evaluation is SHOEHORNED to islamic tastes. I was only 20 years old when I happily conversed with interest with young muslims in the USA for FURTHER EDUCATION-----I was damned opened minded----------back then.

It seems that you confused the word "CONVERSED" with "CONVERTED" I also conversed with hindus and Buddhists ----since I "worked" in a situation that brought me in contact with lots of young doctors seeking further education in the USA------I never
CONVERTED to anything-----other than---voting for the first time in my LONG life for a republican----
lately. I have never LIVED in a muslim country but
I have lots of relatives thru marriage who survived it

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

2. Jesus dressed modestly. If we close our eyes and form a mental picture, we see flowing robes, from wrists to ankles—much like the loose Arabian thobes and the Indio-Pakistani shalwar kameez, typical of the Muslims of those areas. What we don’t imagine is the revealing or seductive clothing so ubiquitous in Christian cultures.

3. Jesus’ mother covered her hair, and this practice was maintained among the Christian women of the Holy Land up to the middle of the twentieth century. Again, this is a practice maintained among Muslims as well as Orthodox Jews (of which Jesus was one), but not among modern day Christians.
Manners

1. Jesus focused upon salvation and eschewed finery. How many “righteous” Christians fit this “It’s not just on Sundays” profile? Now how many “five prayers a day, every day of the year” Muslims?

2. Jesus spoke with humility and kindness. He didn’t “showboat.” When we think of his speeches, we don’t imagine theatrics. He was a simple man known for quality and truth. How many preachers and how many evangelists follow this example?

3. Jesus taught his disciples to offer the greeting of “Peace” (Luke 10:5), and then set the example: “Peace be with you” (Luke 24:36, John 20:19, John 20:21, John 20:26). Who continues this practice to this day, Christians or Muslims? “Peace be with you” is the meaning of the Muslim greeting, “Assalam alaikum.” Interestingly enough, we find this greeting in Judaism as well (Genesis 43:23, Numbers 6:26, Judges 6:23, I Samuel 1:17 and I Samuel 25:6).
Religious Practices

1. Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21). Paul taught it wasn’t necessary (Rom 4:11 and Gal 5:2). Muslims believe it is.

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork, in keeping with Old Testament law (Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:. Muslims also believe pork is forbidden. Christians … well, you get the idea.

3. Jesus didn’t give or take usury, in compliance with the Old Testament prohibition (Exodus 22:25). Usury is forbidden in the Old Testament and the Quran, as it was forbidden in the religion of Jesus. The economies of most Christian countries, however, are structured upon usury.

4. Jesus didn’t fornicate, and abstained from extramarital contact with women. Now, this issue extends to the least physical contact with the opposite sex. With the exception of performing religious rituals and helping those in need, Jesus never even touched a woman other than his mother. Strictly practicing Orthodox Jews maintain this practice to this day in observance of Old Testament law. Likewise, practicing Muslims don’t even shake hands between the sexes. Can Christian “hug your neighbor” and “kiss the bride” congregations make the same claim?
Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God (see above), and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam

LOLOL.. Muslims are only allowed defensive wars against anyone who wants to destroy them.. Aren't you bright enough to get that BOTH are true for them? Have you forgotten that the Christian king of Ethiopia gave the Muslims sanctury in the early years?

for fun----discuss the matter with a christian Ethiopian-----we got some in the US and some jews who escaped that country presently SHITTIED UP by muslims

Why burn mosques?

Jun 24, 2019 · The Christian king welcomed them with open arms, and gave Islam its first presence outside the Arabian Peninsula. Today, Muslims make up about 10% of Aksum's population of around 73,000 inhabitants...

Your POINT? sectarian tension is nothing new in Ethiopia-------how many churches survived in Mecca?
As to "GAVE" -------I am very familiar with the islamic teachings regarding the "WELCOME" islam got wherever the rapist/pillaging hordes descended. I learned about it WAY BACK when I was a teenager

What did they say ??

It seems that you confused the word "CONVERSED" with "CONVERTED" I also conversed with hindus and Buddhists ----since I "worked" in a situation that brought me in contact with lots of young doctors seeking further education in the USA------I never
CONVERTED to anything-----other than---voting for the first time in my LONG life for a republican----

At the end of my career I took a small jog getting FMGs into US residency program.

What did they say ??

At the end of my career I took a small jog getting FMGs into US residency program.

SO? I had my interaction with FMGs for the past ---in excess, of 50 years. I learned quite a bit

Manners

Religious Practices

Practices of Worship

Matters of Creed

Why burn mosques?

Your POINT? sectarian tension is nothing new in Ethiopia-------how many churches survived in Mecca?
As to "GAVE" -------I am very familiar with the islamic teachings regarding the "WELCOME" islam got wherever the rapist/pillaging hordes descended. I learned about it WAY BACK when I was a teenager

There were never any Christian churches in Mecca. There were Nestorian Christian churches in Tarut and Najran that were protected by Muhammed.

Sounds like you had a poor education.

I haven't been to Ethiopia, just Asmara which is about 60% Christian. Jews who fled Germany were a large commumity untilthe 1950s.

The rest are Muslims.

When we mention the name of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
We must respect the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
Allah tells him
in The Quran
O prophet,

(59) O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

In Quran, Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allah sends His Salaah (Graces, Blessings, Mercy) on the Prophet (Muhammad), and also His angels (Angels ask Allah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! send your Salah on (ask Allaah to bless) him (Muhammad), and greet him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation, i.e. As?Salaamu ‘Alaykum)” [Quran: al-Ahzaab 33:56]

Sending blessings on the prophet is so vital that in one of the hadeeth, acceptance of our Dua is made dependant on it. According to a hadith by ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

Dua is suspended between heaven and earth and none of it is taken up until you send blessings upon your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).” (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi).

Another hadith takes this topic further in that it advises believers to include as much blessings on the Prophet (SAW) part of our dua. It was narrated (in part of the hadith) that Ubayy ibn Ka’b said:

I said: O Messenger of Allah, I send blessings upon you a great deal; how much of my prayer (dua) should be for you? He said: “Whatever you wish.”

I said: One quarter? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”

I said: Half? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”

I said: Two thirds? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”

I said: Should I make all my du’aa’ for you? He said: “Then your concerns will be taken care of and your sins will be forgiven.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2457); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

About the above hadith, Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Jala’ al-Afhaam (79): Our Shaykh Abu ‘Abbaas (i.e., Ibn Taymiyah) was asked about the meaning of this hadeeth. He said: Ubayy ibn Ka’b had a dua that he used to say for himself, and he asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) whether he should make one-quarter of it sending blessings on him, and he said … because whoever sends blessings on the Prophet, Allah will send blessings on him tenfold, and if Allah sends blessings on a person He will take care of his concerns and forgive him his sins.

In another hadith by Al-Tirmidhi (484) narrated from ‘Abd-Allah ibn Mas’ood that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

The closest of people to me on the Day of Resurrection will be those who send the most blessings on me.” [Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb.]

In summary, we should send our salutations to the prophet (SAW) whenever possible or whenever we hear his name mentioned. Let’s remember that Allah Himself does that along with the angels too.

The Blessings and Meaning of Salawāt upon the Prophet (SAW) | Shaykh Dr. Yasir Qadhi

He was Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, who made us raise our eyes from the dust beneath to view the glory of the starry heavens above. It was Muhammad who led us from the depths of darkness to the grandeur of the light of God.

The Prophet was the one who led us to break our stone statues and wooden gods. It was Muhammad who lifted us out of the filth of idolatry to relish the serenity of God’s transcendence.

On the Night of Power in one Ramadan, the Quran descended on Muhammad, and he received its first verses in the Cave of Hira. (Ibn Abbas)

Thereafter the Prophet taught us how to celebrate Ramadan through days of fasting and nights of prayer: to honor each day of Ramadan as a day of patient endurance through fasting, and each night as a night of gratitude through prayers.

An Unexpected Transformation

It was nothing short of miraculous how the Prophet reformed and refined those unruly tribes of Arabia and transformed them into pious, disciplined, God-fearing ascetics, who stood in prayers in the mosque five times a day seeking the guidance of God.

And imagine: these same people who once reveled in the pleasures of “wine and women” could now spend the whole month of Ramadan in fasting and prayers.

Into the hearts of his followers, the Prophet instilled the love and fear of God and love for humanity. His example was inspiring and irresistible; and each of them became eager to be his closest follower.

To them he was the sincerest and the most cordial of leaders. And his life was open before them like a book; they could see him practicing most closely in his own life what he was preaching.

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
He (blessings of prayer may Allah bless him ten)

This desire to increase the gain recognized
And love and respect for the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him):
Allah's Apostle said:

For every prophet there is one (special invocation (that will not be rejected) with which he appeals (to Allah)
and I want to keep such an invocation for interceding
for my followers in the Hereafter.

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 317e

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba (may Allah be pleased with him):
The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to pray so much that his feet used to become edematous or swollen, and when he was asked as to why he prays so much, he would say,
"Shall I not be a thankful slave (to Allah)?"

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 76, Number 478

أليكس يعتنق الإسلام ويتحول لداعية في ركن الخطباء

Ramadan Made Easy - Dr. Bilal Philips - YouTube

ماذا تفعل إذا كنت تحب الإسلام وتنتظر علامة؟ بلال فيلبس ...

Ramadan Muslims - Abdur Raheem Green - YouTube

The month of Ramadan, 9th lunar month

Ramadan begins on the 9th month of the lunar year. Also, traditionally, the beginning of Ramadan is decreed when a religious sees the first crescent moon.

Fasting, which concerns both food and drink, begins at dawn and lasts until sunset. Suffice to say that you have to be enduring to endure it throughout the day. But the motivation is great for believers because Ramadan is a period of intense spirituality. It also helps to regain awareness of the value of food and drink. Feeling hungry and thirsty is a way to come together with all those who are suffering.

Once the sun goes down ...

Once the sun sets, the houses come alive and the party begins! Ideally, all family members break the fast together and at the same time.

the month of Ramadan is the 4th pillar of Islam. Fasting is therefore compulsory during this period for both men and women from puberty, with the exception of the sick, pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding or are indisposed, or even travelers ... In some cases it is possible to postpone the fast, in others it will be compensated by donations to the poor. Ramadan is not only characterized by fasting: this period is one of abstinence, kindness, charity and meekness.

In addition to fasting, practitioners must observe very strict behavioral rules and respect certain prohibitions. During this ascetic period, they will not be able to have sex during the day, smoke, make obscene comments or put on makeup. It is important to note that inadvertent eating does not involve atonement or catch-up fasting. The dizzy person therefore enjoys a certain indulgence. Conversely, a deliberate transgression of the rules recommended by Ramadan cancels the fast.

Ali Dawah: Why Islam? | SPEAKERS CORNER

RAMADAN ADVICE | EESA | BRO HAJJI | AHMED ALI | LIBAN | #SPEAKERSCORNER

Dr Zakir Naik !! Ramadan Special with Questions & Answers || Peace TV Live YouTube || Episode 12

lol

You do know that more food is sold and eaten by Muslims during Ramadan than any other time of the year, don't you?

Hypocrites! Actors and lying frauds, all of you.

Last edited:

Ramadan begins on the 9th month of the lunar year. Also, traditionally, the beginning of Ramadan is decreed when a religious sees the first crescent moon.

Fasting, which concerns both food and drink, begins at dawn and lasts until sunset. Suffice to say that you have to be enduring to endure it throughout the day. But the motivation is great for believers because Ramadan is a period of intense spirituality. It also helps to regain awareness of the value of food and drink. Feeling hungry and thirsty is a way to come together with all those who are suffering.

Once the sun sets, the houses come alive and the party begins! Ideally, all family members break the fast together and at the same time.

the month of Ramadan is the 4th pillar of Islam. Fasting is therefore compulsory during this period for both men and women from puberty, with the exception of the sick, pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding or are indisposed, or even travelers ... In some cases it is possible to postpone the fast, in others it will be compensated by donations to the poor. Ramadan is not only characterized by fasting: this period is one of abstinence, kindness, charity and meekness.

In addition to fasting, practitioners must observe very strict behavioral rules and respect certain prohibitions. During this ascetic period, they will not be able to have sex during the day, smoke, make obscene comments or put on makeup. It is important to note that inadvertent eating does not involve atonement or catch-up fasting. The dizzy person therefore enjoys a certain indulgence. Conversely, a deliberate transgression of the rules recommended by Ramadan cancels the fast.

Dr Zakir Naik !! Ramadan Special with Questions & Answers || Peace TV Live YouTube || Episode 12

lol

You do know that more food is sold and eaten by Muslims during Ramadan than any other time of the year, don't you?

After dark.

lol

After dark.

Are you joking?

Oh, wait a minute! I see. They fast all day knowing they will pig out every night.

I'm sure that God is very impressed. I am.

All apologies.

Its a beautiful religion. lol...

بطل مصارعة أمريكي يعتنق الإسلام بعد قصة رائعة-American Champion Wrestler Converts to Islam

The story of Islam preacher Australian Moses Srntuo

ضابط طيران أمريكي بالقوات الخاصة يعتنق الإسلام - American Special Forces Pilot Converts to Islam

Do car bombings stop during ramadan?

They probably offer big discounts on suicide vests for children at this time of year.

What a sick, sick thing to say. Pathetic.
But so accurate

Not accurate at all. Muslims are fasting in Ramadan now. It's like Lent. Just this afternoon I was waiting at a bus stop and began talking with a Muslim woman who barely spoke any English. She said that she was from Afghanistan and that she and her child were safe here. All she had was a bus card to get her to a doctor's appointment, but it turned out that there was no money on it. I told the driver that I would pay for her, but he just waived her in. I gave her some extra bucks because I realized that she did not have the bus fare to get her back home. I don't know what will happen next, but I know that this woman was not concerned with suicide vests. She asked for my number. I did not think to get her's. I hope that she calls me. I can't speak Urdu, but I know a Pakistani who is fluent. He's a great guy, and he owes me one.

If you knew she was a Muslim woman, you were being rude and intrusive to accost her in public. Way to force your own cultural norms on others, bigot.

You are talking about a radical handful. Mostly remote village people who graft their primitive tribal customs onto religion.
No and no.

There is quite a bit more than a handful of Muslims with disgusting, immoral beliefs about infidels, women, gays, etc. See: Pew Research study. It's the majority, in a few countries.

Second, they can support these beliefs with clear, direct quotes from their holy texts. No grafting is needed. For example, Muhammed gives instructions on the proper way to mutilate a female's clitoris. So don't try to tell me this mutilation is just local culture being retrofitted to islam.

The moderate muslims want to reform islam. Ignoring the real problems -- for example, the fact that their holy texts are a motherlode of evil ideas -- only hurts their cause.

You are talking about a radical handful. Mostly remote village people who graft their primitive tribal customs onto religion.
No and no.

There is quite a bit more than a handful of Muslims with disgusting, immoral beliefs about infidels, women, gays, etc. See: Pew Research study. It's the majority, in a few countries.

Second, they can support these beliefs with clear, direct quotes from their holy texts. No grafting is needed. For example, Muhammed gives instructions on the proper way to mutilate a female's clitoris. So don't try to tell me this mutilation is just local culture being retrofitted to islam.

The moderate muslims want to reform islam. Ignoring the real problems -- for example, the fact that their holy texts are a motherlode of evil ideas -- only hurts their cause.

I don't think that Lysie (named for the somewhat lusty comic playwright Aristophanes)
ever read the koran.

Ramadan is a month of spiritual cleansing and purification for Muslims in which we try to increase our worship, good deeds and acts of charity. The last ten days and nights hold even more significance as Allah shows great mercy to His creation. They are a chance to benefit from the immense blessings of Ramadan and seek salvation before the month comes to an end.
Seeking Laylatul Qadr

Laylatul Qadr, the Night of Decree or Night of Power, is one of the most sacred nights in the Islamic calendar. It takes place in the last ten days of Ramadan and was the night in which the Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

It is also believed to be the night in which Allah shows great mercy to His creation and the night in which one’s fate is decreed.

Allah says in the Qur’an, “The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months,” (Qur’an, 97:3). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever prays on Laylatul Qadr out of faith and sincerity, shall have all their past sins forgiven,” (Hadith, Bukhari and Muslim).

Sincerely praying for forgiveness, reciting the holy Qur’an, sending salawat (blessings upon the Prophet) and offering optional (nafl) prayers are examples of beneficial acts of worship on these nights.

The exact date of Laylatul Qadr is unknown, although it is thought to occur on an odd night in the last ten days of Ramadan (e.g. the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27 or 29th night). The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Seek it in the last ten days, on the odd nights,” (Hadith, Bukhari and Muslim).

When Lady Aisha (may Allah be well pleased with her) asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) “O Messenger of Allah, if it is Laylatul Qadr, then what should I supplicate with?” he replied with the famous dua: “Allahumma, innaka Afuwwun Karimun, tuḥibbu al-afwa fa‘afu anna” – “O Allah, indeed You are Pardoning and Generous; You love to pardon, so pardon us.”
Performing i’tikaf

Many Muslims choose to spend the last ten days of Ramadan in seclusion (i’tikaf), where one solely focuses on worshipping Allah and refrains from involvement in worldly affairs. It is a time to reflect, increase worship and to increase one’s religious knowledge, seeking closeness to Allah.

The sunnah is to remain in i’tikaf for ten days but as a minimum it can be one day and one night. I’tikaf is a great opportunity to reconnect with Allah in solitude. It is also a time to implement good religious practices which can be carried on throughout the whole year.

This seclusion usually takes place at the mosque but with many mosques closed this Ramadan amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, a secluded space within the home can be designated, free from noise and distractions if possible.
Giving sadaqa during the last ten nights

The last ten days of Ramadan are an opportunity to gain multiple rewards by giving sadaqa to those in need for the sake of seeking the pleasure of Allah.

The rewards of giving sadaqa during Ramadan are multiplied by 70 and the reward for any righteous act during Laylatul Qadr is equivalent to having performed the same act for over 83 years!

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said “Sadaqa extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire,” (Hadith, Tirmidhi). He also said that Allah offers relief on the Day of Judgement for those who give sadaqa: “The believer’s shade on the Day of Resurrection will be their charity,” (Hadith, Tirmidhi).

Give generously before Ramadan comes to an end and provide relief to those lives have been torn apart by war, famine and natural disaster. Show mercy to others so that Allah may show mercy to you.

Khutbah: The Night of Decree - Laylatul Qadr by Yasir Qadhi | 10th August 2012

أول لقاء بين هاشم والمبشر المسيحي كين | مقطع يستحق المشاهدة

نبوءة خطيرة لا يتحدث عنها أحد من الكتاب المقدس تثبت عدم صلب المسيح ورفعه للسماء

Forum List

Back