The MO State Senator who posted "I hope Trump is assassinated" on Facebook should resign

How many years should she be imprisoned (max is 20)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the gov tweeted that either she resign or she will be removed

she should be under investigation as well

I doubt she personally intends to assassinate Trump but she knows that some of her followers are a bunch of angry antifa and BLM thugs who are already thinking about it. Some of the antifa signs suggest killing cops, too. While they likely can't get at Trump, any Trump supporter is a potential target as it is. And it won't take much encouragement to push them toward more violence.

She should be charged because she is encouraging murder.

She should be charged because she is guilty of a crime.

I doubt she personally intends to assassinate Trump but she knows that some of her followers are a bunch of angry antifa and BLM thugs who are already thinking about it. Some of the antifa signs suggest killing cops, too. While they likely can't get at Trump, any Trump supporter is a potential target as it is. And it won't take much encouragement to push them toward more violence.

See my above post.

She should probably resign, jail time though? Give me a break.
Federal law demands she does PRISON time not exceeding 20 years for advocating the desirability of Trump's assassination.

Advocating the desirability? Can you name the statute?

Why dumbass, you think the same thing cant be said about your shit in a suit? BTW he is not in office anymore is he so I guess it wouldn't be a crime to ask for him to be dropped, or would it? Any person who infers that a sitting public official be killed in ANY way commits a felony, not just under the federal statute but by all state laws. YOUR shit are not above the law even though you want them to be.

Don't cry about it, sissy. We're just going to have to disagree.

No overt threat. She just wished it would happen. Kind of like that right wing senator who prayed for Obama to die.

IT does not take an overt threat, it is very broad, maybe you should learn what the term advocates means.

Here
ad·vo·cate
noun
plural noun: advocates
ˈadvəkət/
  1. 1.
    a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
  2. ad·vo·cate
    noun
    ˈadvəkət/
    1. 1.
    verb
    3rd person present: advocates
    ˈadvəˌkāt/
    1. 1.
      publicly recommend or support.
      "they advocated an ethical foreign policy"
      synonyms: recommend, prescribe, advise, urge
So, is the repug senator who prayed for Obama's death in prison right now? Did anything ever happen to him? No and no. Exactly what should happen with this idiot.

It's not treason and not quite terroristic threatening, no no real crime was committed...

Agreed. If her constituents have an issue with what she said then they can vote her out in the next election.

Sorry NO chance this gets by, either by the lawful removal or as needed I am sure all it will take is a word from our Prez.
The president can't dismiss a state senator, it falls out of the jurisdiction he doesn't have...

yes exactly

Advocating the desirability? Can you name the statute?

She should probably resign, jail time though? Give me a break.
Federal law demands she does PRISON time not exceeding 20 years for advocating the desirability of Trump's assassination.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government

Shall be .... imprisoned ... twenty years.... ineligible for employment by the United States ... five years next following ... conviction.

It's even MORE important that she is imprisoned since she is a US Senator. A Senator is not your ordinary citizen. A Senator's opinion carries weight in society and is more likely than not to actually trigger a loon to follow through on her fantasy.

You can vote me WINNER btw. K thx bai

She's not a US senator.

No overt threat. She just wished it would happen. Kind of like that right wing senator who prayed for Obama to die.

IT does not take an overt threat, it is very broad, maybe you should learn what the term advocates means.

Here
ad·vo·cate
noun
ˈadvəkət/
  1. 1.
  2. ad·vo·cate
    noun
    ˈadvəkət/
    1. 1.
    verb
    ˈadvəˌkāt/
    1. 1.

After you maul them in argument they just disappear and send trolls like Luddley Neddite to smear the thread instead.

She should get a visit from the Secret Service and she should resign.

If a Pub state senator said the same thing about Obama, think about the outrage from the left.

When their person does it...not so much.

Again, it's not about hate speech at all for the left. It's about political opportunism.

‘I hope Trump is assassinated’: A Missouri lawmaker faces mounting calls to resign after Facebook comment
/----/ Time magazine will name her Person of the year and she will get the Nobel Peace Prize for sure.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government

Shall be .... imprisoned ... twenty years.... ineligible for employment by the United States ... five years next following ... conviction.

‘I hope Trump is assassinated’: A Missouri lawmaker faces mounting calls to resign after Facebook comment

A Missouri lawmaker is under mounting pressure to resign after she said on social media she hopes President Trump is assassinated

imrs.php
[/QUOTE]
/----/ What happened to her hair? Did she stick a knife in an outlet?
Bernie Sanders Voter.jpg

Here
ad·vo·cate
noun
ˈadvəkət/
  1. 1.
  2. ad·vo·cate
    noun
    ˈadvəkət/
    1. 1.
    verb
    ˈadvəˌkāt/
    1. 1.

After you maul them in argument they just disappear and send trolls like Luddley Neddite to smear the thread instead.

that is the standard procedure

--LOL

I vote 0. expressing hatred should not be punishable by prison.

She should get a visit from the Secret Service and she should resign.

If a Pub state senator said the same thing about Obama, think about the outrage from the left.

When their person does it...not so much.

Again, it's not about hate speech at all for the left. It's about political opportunism.

It's OK to say they want death for Obama, but not Agent Orange.

republicans call for Obama's death - Google Search

Republicans even "joked" about it later.

I don't remember any Republican resigning. So it must have been OK.

Forum List

Back