The Media completely made up the latest Disney narrative against DeSantis: It doesn't exist.

So if some gun manufacturer were to say something a governor didn't like, the governor should be able to discontinue the tax breaks and other special treatment that they were granted when they moved into the state--long before the governor was elected?
I believe the legislation would have to pass a bill taking away the tax benefits.

i dont recall liberal groups being denied the way the Tea Party was
Of course you don't. The Tea Party wasn't "denied". Political organizations applying for 501-3c (regardless of their affiliation) were denied a tax free status of that designation.
And there was no valid reason to deny the Tea Party
This is true. There was no valid reason to deny any organization that legitimately applied. And it is true that such denials were done on an apolitical basis.

None of this is remotely the same as Florida stripping a long held privilege from Disney however.

I believe the legislation would have to pass a bill taking away the tax benefits.

Again, if conservatives are cool with the state weaponizing government to target a company that hasn't violated any laws...that pretty much runs counter to the entire right wing dogma

Of course you don't. The Tea Party wasn't "denied". Political organizations applying for 501-3c (regardless of their affiliation) were denied a tax free status of that designation.

This is true. There was no valid reason to deny any organization that legitimately applied. And it is true that such denials were done on an apolitical basis.

None of this is remotely the same as Florida stripping a long held privilege from Disney however.
You are totally mistaken

The Tea Party eventually got their exemption

But only AFTER 2012 when obama was safely reelected

Again, if conservatives are cool with the state weaponizing government to target a company that hasn't violated any laws...that pretty much runs counter to the entire right wing dogma
treating a business like every other business isnkr weaponizing govt against them

I don’t want teachers telling my under 8 year old grandchildren the ins and outs of gay sex or trying to convince them they need to change genders without involving their parents.

I don’t mind teaching about gay sex or gender changes when the kids are mature enough to comprehend such info.

In passing, Disney has an agenda to push the gay lifestyle. why can’t they just let kids be kids and provide good entertainment for them like they used to.

During a staff meeting on Florida’s recent enactment of the Parental Rights in Education bill, an executive producer at Disney said she was advancing a “not-at-all-secret gay agenda” to insert queerness into children’s animation.

Latoya Raveneau, executive producer for Disney Television Animation, talked about how the studio’s treatment of her progressive ideas defied her negative expectations of the company, in a video obtained by journalist Christopher Rufo. Instead of vetoing her pitches for LGBTQ-friendly Easter eggs or overt references in her series, Disney gladly accepted and included them, she claimed.

“In my little pocket of Proud Family Disney TVA, the showrunners were super welcoming . . . to my not-at-all-secret gay agenda,” she said. “Maybe it was that way in the past, but I guess something must have happened . . . and then like all that momentum that I felt, that sense of ‘I don’t have to be afraid to have these two characters kiss in the background.’ I was just, wherever I could, adding queerness. . . . No one would stop me, and no one was trying to stop me.”

She said that when she joined, she assumed Disney would try to keep LGBTQ elements out of content for younger audiences, but she was pleasantly surprised.

haha sure you didn’t

what republican used the irs to target a business for exercising its free speech?

Oh, so it is ok for the Govt to target a business for exercising its free speech as long as it is not the IRS that is used.

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up!

Last edited:
You are totally mistaken

The Tea Party eventually got their exemption

But only AFTER 2012 when obama was safely reelected
The TEA party was around long before 2012. So you're way off on this one. Look at it this way. Your streak of being completely wrong is still in tact.

treating a business like every other business isnkr weaponizing govt against them
Except that is not the case. TESLA got a tax break to open a plant in Texas; Hyundai got a tax break to open a plant in South Carolina I believe. Stripping the tax break when the company did nothing illegal is weaponizing the government.

I don’t want teachers telling my under 8 year old grandchildren the ins and outs of gay sex or trying to convince them they need to change genders without involving their parents.

I don’t mind teaching about gay sex or gender changes when the kids are mature enough to comprehend such info.

In passing, Disney has an agenda to push the gay lifestyle. why can’t they just let kids be kids and provide good entertainment for them like they used to.

During a staff meeting on Florida’s recent enactment of the Parental Rights in Education bill, an executive producer at Disney said she was advancing a “not-at-all-secret gay agenda” to insert queerness into children’s animation.

Latoya Raveneau, executive producer for Disney Television Animation, talked about how the studio’s treatment of her progressive ideas defied her negative expectations of the company, in a video obtained by journalist Christopher Rufo. Instead of vetoing her pitches for LGBTQ-friendly Easter eggs or overt references in her series, Disney gladly accepted and included them, she claimed.

“In my little pocket of Proud Family Disney TVA, the showrunners were super welcoming . . . to my not-at-all-secret gay agenda,” she said. “Maybe it was that way in the past, but I guess something must have happened . . . and then like all that momentum that I felt, that sense of ‘I don’t have to be afraid to have these two characters kiss in the background.’ I was just, wherever I could, adding queerness. . . . No one would stop me, and no one was trying to stop me.”

She said that when she joined, she assumed Disney would try to keep LGBTQ elements out of content for younger audiences, but she was pleasantly surprised.
Okay...how about not letting your kids watch Disney movies... Just a thought.

Did Disney break the law? No.
Does government have a dog in the fight otherwise? It shouldn't.

Weaponizing government to go after folks whom you disagree with is a threat to our republic. There are probably lots of Floridians who likely don't want interracial marriage either...if Florida decided to strip away the tax free status of any church that let folks of different races marry, would that be okay? Let me guess...you'll find some reason why THAT wouldn't be acceptable but still think that punishing a company for having a social policy that is inclusive is. So let me ask you...what if Disney had a day where interracial couples got in for free and the state decided to punish them for that. Would that be alright?

Except that is not the case. TESLA got a tax break to open a plant in Texas; Hyundai got a tax break to open a plant in South Carolina I believe. Stripping the tax break when the company did nothing illegal is weaponizing the government.
Disney got a tax break when they opened up in FL, decades ago....to have them going on forever isn't necessary. They can be treated like every other company in FL at this point.

Oh, so it is ok for the Govt to target a business for exercising its free speech as long as it is not the IRS that is used.

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up!
when did I say that? When did a Republican do that? Disney isn't being treated any differently then other companies in the state. It has a special status given to it by Govt, treating it differently, for decades, that special status is gone....so now it's being treated like everyone else. That's not weaponization, that's equality....I guess equality is something the left hates now, and giving tax breaks to major multi-national billion dollar companies (so long as they stay in line with the cult) is the party embraces. In political science classes they call that Fascism.

when did I say that? When did a Republican do that? Disney isn't being treated any differently then other companies in the state. It has a special status given to it by Govt, treating it differently, for decades, that special status is gone....so now it's being treated like everyone else. That's not weaponization, that's equality....I guess equality is something the left hates now, and giving tax breaks to major multi-national billion dollar companies (so long as they stay in line with the cult) is the party embraces. In political science classes they call that Fascism.

There are more than 100 companies/entities with the same special status. None were targted.

Both DeSantis and the Repubs in the Florida legislature have said openly they are doing this because of the words of Disney.

That is the very definition of weaponization of the Govt to punish someone for their free speech.

And you will defend it to your dying breath because you are big government nanny state loving fool.

There are more than 100 companies/entities with the same special status. None were targted.

Both DeSantis and the Repubs in the Florida legislature have said openly they are doing this because of the words of Disney.

That is the very definition of weaponization of the Govt to punish someone for their free speech.

And you will defend it to your dying breath because you are big government nanny state loving fool.
I agree no business or company was ever targeted. The expiration of this special status applied to a range of companies, that got it back in the 1960s.

There are new companies coming into the State that might need it special tax usage permits etc, they can't just give them out like Kitkat bars on Halloween.

Forum List

Back