The major difference between the United States accepting immigrants now compared to the past.

You choose

They are functionally the same
No, they most certainly are not. You don't know the difference, do you? This is one reason why it's so difficult to have any meaningful discussion of immigration policies.

No, they most certainly are not. You don't know the difference, do you? This is one reason why it's so difficult to have any meaningful discussion of immigration policies.
They are functionally the same

Folks as we know we have a situation at the United States border. it’s been going on for sometime where we see millions of people who are trying to get into the United States to make their life better.

Many of these refugees and immigrants will end up working at places like McDonald’s, Burger King and Walmart. I submit though in the American past things would’ve been differently and these refugees and immigrants would’ve been able to get better jobs. When I go to Walmart I often see people who only speak Spanish , many are also from the Indian subcontinent. And they are working at places like Walmart and McDonald’s whereas in the past they would have a job at Ford motor company.

My dad worked at Ford motor company in the 70s he worked alongside a bunch of Arabs and people from all over the world.

Back in the day we had immigrants coming from Germany from Poland yes even some coming from Lebanon from all over the place immigrating to the United States in the early 20th century many of them ended up working the factory jobs and that the steel plans and they were set for life. We don’t have that situation now in America. We don’t have the jobs we used and we don’t have the integrity we used to have.

schmidlap Dragonlady

my fellow Democrats here’s the difference between 2023 compared to say the 1920s or the 1950s. The difference is back in those days United States had honor and integrity we had better jobs. Now we don’t have good jobs. Back in the day like at Bethlehem Steel sometime in the 1910s or 1920s my grandfather was trained by a black man. That was in the 1920s. That’s why United States is the best all of integrity and honor. We need politicians in this country who celebrate American history who actually want to help immigrants and refugees like those in the American Past did.

We need another Henry Ford in this country. The rich elites are not like they used to be they don’t provide the types of jobs that people could get right out of high school they could set them for life. If we don’t go back to that we’re gonna be in deep trouble and this country will keep getting worse and worse. Bottom line we had a strong middle class …but now the countries going to get worse as the middle class has less power.

If we do things the right way we can handle the immigrants just like we did in the 1920s but we have to have better leader ship in this country.
It is important to note that an immigrant is someone who comes here legally, not illegally.

It is important to note that an immigrant is someone who comes here legally, not illegally.
Agreed Brother. The issue for me is we have millions of these folks(illegals or illegals whatever we call them) in the country and the other question is what to do.

I have outlined my opinion…. But I still do not have a solution ultimately. I have some ideas like we have a bunch of room in this country… I would also like to see more Christian oriented people and that’s why I’m willing to accept many south American and central American people w/e we call them refugees or illegals or illegals. Now practically all of them perhaps would claim asylum for some reason.

The challenge is deciding who to take in and who is so dangerous that we cannot take them in.

I disagree with deporting people who are already in this country as we speak. We can blame the US government for the border situation. Regardless of anything those people made it into the country now we have a decision to make.

You fail to see how the next pandemic will come from the south, not China. Unvetted migrants crossing can vector Brazilian viruses, Baric's UNC bat lab already has the lung cell substrates worked out by one of his cronies. The anal retention was designed for the future: the Appalachian Ridge coronavirus spike sequences were never published, although Baric lied and said they were working on it. Baric is the world's leading coronavirus expert, and this American coronavirus, ARCoV, is related to viruses from Brazilian Tadarida brasiliensis bats.

Please, try to keep up.
Sometimes I question the validity of the government response to the coronavirus. After march 2020 The governments of the world shut down the economies and perhaps years from now it will be viewed as a very bad decision by them to do that.

I’ve never interacted with you before I think. So don’t tell me things like” try and keep up.” I don’t talk to you like that. So if you do it again I’m gonna put you on ignore that way it’s better for both of us

Plus We already live in a global world where people fly to America from all over the world.

Have a good one brother

Last edited:
Agreed Brother. The issue for me is we have millions of these folks(illegals or illegals whatever we call them) in the country and the other question is what to do.

I have outlined my opinion…. But I still do not have a solution ultimately. I have some ideas like we have a bunch of room in this country… I would also like to see more Christian oriented people and that’s why I’m willing to accept many south American and central American people w/e we call them refugees or illegals or illegals. Now practically all of them perhaps would claim asylum for some reason.

The challenge is deciding who to take in and who is so dangerous that we cannot take them in.

I disagree with deporting people who are already in this country as we speak. We can blame the US government for the border situation. Regardless of anything those people made it into the country now we have a decision to make.
I'm fine with legal immigrants coming here but I believe we should concentrate on STOPPING illegals as opposed to what to do with them after the fact. That's what democrats want us to do is to let them come here and then ask the question, "Now what do we do with them?". I'm not even for sending them back because I want to stop them so we don't have to send them back. Democrats help them out of the water so we can process them. It irritates the crap out of me that there are stepping stones in the river for them to cross over into our country and no one seems to even come up with the idea of getting rid of the stepping stones.

Folks as we know we have a situation at the United States border. it’s been going on for sometime where we see millions of people who are trying to get into the United States to make their life better.

Many of these refugees and immigrants will end up working at places like McDonald’s, Burger King and Walmart. I submit though in the American past things would’ve been differently and these refugees and immigrants would’ve been able to get better jobs. When I go to Walmart I often see people who only speak Spanish , many are also from the Indian subcontinent. And they are working at places like Walmart and McDonald’s whereas in the past they would have a job at Ford motor company.

My dad worked at Ford motor company in the 70s he worked alongside a bunch of Arabs and people from all over the world.

Back in the day we had immigrants coming from Germany from Poland yes even some coming from Lebanon from all over the place immigrating to the United States in the early 20th century many of them ended up working the factory jobs and that the steel plans and they were set for life. We don’t have that situation now in America. We don’t have the jobs we used and we don’t have the integrity we used to have.

schmidlap Dragonlady

my fellow Democrats here’s the difference between 2023 compared to say the 1920s or the 1950s. The difference is back in those days United States had honor and integrity we had better jobs. Now we don’t have good jobs. Back in the day like at Bethlehem Steel sometime in the 1910s or 1920s my grandfather was trained by a black man. That was in the 1920s. That’s why United States is the best all of integrity and honor. We need politicians in this country who celebrate American history who actually want to help immigrants and refugees like those in the American Past did.

We need another Henry Ford in this country. The rich elites are not like they used to be they don’t provide the types of jobs that people could get right out of high school they could set them for life. If we don’t go back to that we’re gonna be in deep trouble and this country will keep getting worse and worse. Bottom line we had a strong middle class …but now the countries going to get worse as the middle class has less power.

If we do things the right way we can handle the immigrants just like we did in the 1920s but we have to have better leader ship in this country.
Most people came here with some type of education or trade. That was part of the deal. They also needed sponsors as to live with them until they became more entrenched in the American Culture. No social programs in that era. Today most of the people coming are not very educated and have little trade experience. Although many are hard workers and willing to learn. Massive social programs available makes it very different.

I’ve never interacted with you before I think. So don’t tell me things like” try and keep up.” I don’t talk to you like that. So if you do it again I’m gonna put you on ignore that way it’s better for both of us

Quit yer whining.

There isn't another country in the freaking world that opens it's borders to unverified criminal invaders and pronounces them to be "immigrants". Biden & Co. violate federal law every day but as long as they control the "justice" system and get a pass from the media they get away with it.

Go google, then you'll be better equipped to discuss the topic. You may find yourself a little more specific about what you are so upset about.
Sorry, if you disagree post your reasons or go fish

Make your argument if you have one
I already told you a refugee and an asylum seeker are two different things that follow two different sets of procedures.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back