P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
It’s always the same with that side of the aisle. They have one “solution” and one solution only.
“It continues by banning the box on job applications so those formerly incarcerated can work and pay taxes...”
Why doesn’t an employer have the right to know what type of person they are hiring? And where does idiot Beto O’Rourke think that government derives the power to tell a business what boxes they can or can’t place on their job applications? This type of insanity right here is vintage Atlas Shrugged.

TX-Sen: O’Rourke leaves out key details about DWI that include alleged crash, attempt to flee scene

It’s always the same with that side of the aisle. They have one “solution” and one solution only.
“It continues by banning the box on job applications so those formerly incarcerated can work and pay taxes...”
Why doesn’t an employer have the right to know what type of person they are hiring? And where does idiot Beto O’Rourke think that government derives the power to tell a business what boxes they can or can’t place on their job applications? This type of insanity right here is vintage Atlas Shrugged.

TX-Sen: O’Rourke leaves out key details about DWI that include alleged crash, attempt to flee scene

Then again I'm a liberal an I agree with you.

I think there should be something in place for ex-prisoners to be given help, to show there's some reform, if there is any, but everyone should be able to know who they are hiring.

people have no rights unless they are members of a victim class, then you have more than anyone.

Let me explain the ban the box on job applications to you.

The purpose of it is to not have the person immediately disqualified for the job based on the initial application.

The purpose of the ban the box on the application is to at least get the person a face-to-face interview.

Background checks will still be run.

The purpose of it is to not have the person immediately disqualified for the job based on the initial application.

The purpose of the ban the box on the application is to at least get the person a face-to-face interview.

Why waste the time of a business? That's a waste of time and money and so is running a background check on someone who won't be hired. This puts the financial burden on the company for someone who won't be hired anyway.

Why waste the time of a business? That's a waste of time and money and so is running a background check on someone who won't be hired. This puts the financial burden on the company for someone who won't be hired anyway.
So, in other words, if you committed a crime and paid your debt to society, you still shouldn't be given the opportunity to work for a living, right?

So, in other words, if you committed a crime and paid your debt to society, you still shouldn't be given the opportunity to work for a living, right?

Seems like reading comprehension is not your forte.

I deliver to a place that tried to use ex-cons for employees. Our state gave them some kind of funding to do so. It worked for about one day, then the workers started to get into fist fights. So the employer hired a security guard. Then they attacked and assaulted the security guard, so he hired several security guards. Finally he just got out of the program.

It's a liability to employers to have those people in their place of business. If I worked at a place that hired these people and got hurt because of it, I'd be suing the company for putting me in that position.

As a landlord, I don't rent to convicted felons. I tried, but one ripped out the walls of the apartment and stopped paying rent, and another one set the house on fire costing over $80,000 in damage and I lost my ability to buy insurance for three years. Both were drug offenders.

In most cases, you can't change the stripes on a zebra. We have to protect ourselves first.

Because ex-cons should be hired to splice fiber optics because they can use a shiv. Requisite experience still rules the day on the hiring side of the table. Removing the box, not asking the question, you can still sense if the person sitting across from you is an asset or a liability - managers have a responsibility to see the big picture, not be social engineers on behalf of false authorities.

Let me explain to you why that is astoundingly idiotic.

If an employer won’t even interview someone based on a felony, they sure as fuck aren’t going to hire someone with a felony. So, as usual, this idiotic left-wing idea is just wasting precious time and precious money.

Bingo! There are consequences for your actions. A concept the left refuses to accept.

...managers have a responsibility to see the big picture, not be social engineers on behalf of false authorities.
An employer has every right to know who they are hiring. Including a criminal history. And the government holds absolutely no authority to tell a business what questions they can and cannot ask on an application.

Forum List

Back