The Left Redefines Resistance as ‘Sedition’

Trump lost

BlackandwhiteRemarkableBongo-small.gif

Get used to it..
theft of an election is not a lose

The Left Redefines Resistance as ‘Sedition’
Remember when dissent was patriotic?
The Left Redefines Resistance as ‘Sedition’ | The American Spectator | USA News and Politics
19 Dec 2020 ~~ By David Catron

It was inevitable that the Democrats would overreact to legal challenges by President Trump and other Republicans to corrupt election practices in swing states, but some responses have been unhinged even by their standards. One recurring refrain is particularly disturbing — that lawyers, members of Congress, and state attorneys general who supported post-election litigation are guilty of sedition. At least one Democratic congressman insists that attorneys representing the president in such challenges should be disbarred and that House members who supported Texas v. Pennsylvania in the Supreme Court shouldn’t be seated in Congress. One of the defendants in that ill-fated lawsuit described it as a “seditious abuse of the judicial process.”
This dangerous view of dissent has a long, sordid history among progressives. Democratic President Woodrow Wilson, for example, was the driving force behind the notorious Sedition Act of 1918, passed by his fellow Democrats at a time when they controlled both houses of Congress. This anti-democratic outrage made it a felony crime to criticize the government and, by extension, Wilson himself. A violation of the Sedition Act was punishable by a fine of as much as $10,000 and imprisonment for as long as 20 years. More than 2,000 American citizens were arrested and prosecuted pursuant to the Sedition Act. This crime against democracy was at length repealed by the Republicans after the GOP won majorities in both houses of Congress in the 1918 midterm elections.
Considering its ignoble history, one would think journalists would avoid a term like “sedition.” Sadly, the legacy media has joined the creepy chorus described in the first paragraph above. The Week advises, “The Constitution has an answer for seditious members of Congress.” The New Yorker solemnly intones, “There needs to be a real reckoning.” Salon accuses the president of plotting a “seditious secession movement.” Esquire describes states that filed “friend of the court” briefs in favor of the Texas lawsuit as “accomplices” in a “seditious conspiracy.” All of this would be mildly amusing if the “S” word hadn’t actually been used by Pennsylvania’s attorney general in his reply brief to the Supreme Court. George Washington University law profressor Jonathan Turley explains:
Filing with the Supreme Court is the very antithesis of sedition. Seeking judicial review is not subversion of the Constitution or a call to rebellion. It is using the constitutional process. If going to the courts is “seditious,” going to church must be atheism… It is hardly compelling for Attorney General Josh Shapiro to argue that a filing is reckless and unfounded by using reckless and unfounded rhetoric. Such hyperbolic language may thrill the base but will not likely thrill the Court.​
This is the kind of reasoning we expect from a reputable law professor. Sedition is, after all, a word with a legal definition. As Jennifer Stepp Breen, an associate professor at the Syracuse University School of Law, recently explained to Capital Tonight, “We have a federal criminal law defining seditious conspiracy, and that’s when a group of two or more people gather together to essentially overthrow the government, or prevent a government from enacting its laws.” This does not include empty rhetoric or tweets about stolen elections. Sedition has to involve “imminent lawless activity.” And it should be obvious to the meanest intelligence — even a Sunday morning talking head — that filing state and federal lawsuits does not constitute an attempt to overthrow the federal government.
In the minds of many Democrats, however, it is seditious to merely question Joe Biden’s victory in the November election. Friday, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) went on CNN and delivered herself of this accusation: “These senators and members of Congress who have refused to acknowledge that we had a free and fair election in which Joe Biden beat Donald Trump by over 7 million votes, are bordering on sedition and treason.”
~[snip]~
Moreover, the Democrats and the media who insist on using words like “sedition” know it. What, then, is the point of deploying such words, particularly when the purported winner of the November election has called for national unity? Historically, authoritarian regimes have used fictitious tales of treason as the pretext for crushing their political rivals and cowing their citizens into submission. This is invariably enabled by propaganda organs willing to parrot the regime’s party line while less compliant media are censored. But that could never happen here, right? We’re Americans, right? We wouldn’t sit obediently behind our useless masks enduring a new wave of ineffective lockdowns while it appears that a presidential election is being stolen before our eyes, right? Right?

Comment:
Indeed, The Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat left lies about everything. People who consume only the Quisling Marxist press in the USA will never know that there was any election fraud at all.
Odd isn't it, PM/DSA demonstrations of more than 400 'legitimate protests' against Trump and over 1000 un-permitted ones in 4 years. Cities and towns destroyed by Antifa and BLM violence and arson didn't qualify as sedition?
It seems, that only resistance against PM/DSA Democrats is sedition. Otherwise, it’s perfectly fine.
They don’t even hide their tyrannical hypocrisy.

This is opinion not fact, from a source with poor credibility and a history of making false and misleading claims, and promoting opinion as fact:

political impeachments are as far of a mockery of the law as you can get.

Political Impeachments are part of the Foundational laws of the nation. The process was always intended by the Founders to be a political process, and they are part of the basis of the notion that no one in the United States of America is above the law. Even your elected officials.

That you consider an impeachment a "mockery" of the law, shows your complete ignorance of both the law and the Constitution. Impeachment was one of the few laws set out in the Constitution.

This is opinion not fact, from a source with poor credibility and a history of making false and misleading claims, and promoting opinion as fact:

REGARDLESS OF YOUR BIASED SOURCE
Leftists will at a drop of a dime spin the mean of a word and forget the meaning of others when they can't flip a word.

Political Impeachments are part of the Foundational laws of the nation. The process was always intended by the Founders to be a political process, and they are part of the basis of the notion that no one in the United States of America is above the law. Even your elected officials.

That you consider an impeachment a "mockery" of the law, shows your complete ignorance of both the law and the Constitution. Impeachment was one of the few laws set out in the Constitution.
Dumbass there is nothing in the Constitution that allows for political impeachments.
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

You stupid fuck. The democrats have made a mockery of the American system of government for the last thirteen years. BTW, I didn't vote for Trump. You know what "assume" does don't you? In this case it just makes an ass out of you.
Clown, where's your proof that the election was stolen? Let's have it. Proof, not lies, innuendo, gaslighting Obama/Biden.

This should be fun.

Clown, where's your proof that the election was stolen? Let's have it. Proof, not lies, innuendo, gaslighting Obama/Biden.

This should be fun.
Apparently, your attention span isn't very long. The OP is addressing how you stupid fucks are trying to redefine trespassing as insurrection. It can't be done without sedition and no one has been charged with that crime. It is kind of like your stupid ass belief that you can impeach a sitting president without evidence of ANY crime committed. Please stick to the topic. BTW, are we enjoying ourselves yet, moron? LMFAO.

Apparently, your attention span isn't very long. The OP is addressing how you stupid fucks are trying to redefine trespassing as insurrection. It can't be done without sedition and no one has been charged with that crime. It is kind of like your stupid ass belief that you can impeach a sitting president without evidence of ANY crime committed. Please stick to the topic. BTW, are we enjoying ourselves yet, moron? LMFAO.
Beating on & killing cops is tresspassing, Trump ass licker? Hey didga forgot how members of your boy's own party qustioned Trump's role in attempting that coup? That was before they got their marching orders from that traiterous slime you defend.

Are YOU having fun yet ,MAGA traitor? Romove that red cap before it totally drains what little is left of your brain.

Beating on & killing cops is tresspassing,
Who has been charged with this? Moron.
Hey didga forgot how members of your boy's own party
Not my boy, moron. That word "assume" makes an ass out of YOU every time.
party qustioned Trump's role in attempting that coup?
So? No charges, no convictions. Next?
traiterous slime you defend.
Please show me where I defended anyone?
Are YOU having fun yet ,MAGA traitor? Romove that red cap before it totally drains what little is left of your brain.
Keep assuming--you know what it does, now that I educated you. BTW, phonetically it is didJA or didYA; Questioned has two e's in it; traitorous is spelled with an O not an E. You might want to examine that empty head of yours. Triggered much?

Who has been charged with this? Moron.

Not my boy, moron. That word "assume" makes an ass out of YOU every time.

So? No charges, no convictions. Next?

Please show me where I defended anyone?

Keep assuming--you know what it does, now that I educated you. BTW, phonetically it is didJA or didYA; Questioned has two e's in it; traitorous is spelled with an O not an E. You might want to examine that empty head of yours. Triggered much?
Oh look, the anal retentive Trumptard is obsessed over a spelling error. Wash your hands much?

As far as those cops are concerned, are you denying that it happened?

Oh look, the anal retentive Trumptard is obsessed over a spelling error. Wash your hands much?

As far as those cops are concerned, are you denying that it happened?
Are you denying that an unarmed female veteran was murdered by a capitol cop and she was the ONLY fatality that was directly linked to the Jan. 6 protest? You've got TDS bad--the link is not about Trump in the slightest but he is living rent-free in your empty head. I've told you before that I didn't vote for Trump, stupid fuck, you just aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

Are you denying that an unarmed female veteran was murdered by a capitol cop and she was the ONLY fatality that was directly linked to the Jan. 6 protest? You've got TDS bad--the link is not about Trump in the slightest but he is living rent-free in your empty head. I've told you before that I didn't vote for Trump, stupid fuck, you just aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

Murder? What murder? Who was charged with murder, genius? You can rant & rave all you want & put any label you want to on what happened to Babbitt. But the fact remains that nobody has been charged with murder & never will because it wasen't murder & experts with a lot more brain room then you have, reached that conclusion.

But go ahead & have your fun calling it murder if that makes you feel better.

Murder? What murder? Who was charged with murder, genius? You can rant & rave all you want & put any label you want to on what happened to Babbitt. But the fact remains that nobody has been charged with murder & never will because it wasen't murder & experts with a lot more brain room then you have, reached that conclusion.

But go ahead & have your fun calling it murder if that makes you feel better.
And if you believe that, you are dumber than I gave you credit for, moron.

And if you believe that, you are dumber than I gave you credit for, moron.
It doesn't matter what I think. Criminal investigations like the Babbitt case come to a conclusion one way or the other based on facts.

Apparently, you're not comfortable with that. If facts mattered to you Trump supporters he'd be a pariah instead of your messiah.

Just like the facts that were presented at two scam impeachments by the same group of liars I might add. Try again moron. I bet you believe the earth is flat too.
Thanks for admitting that the impeachments were based on facts. Too bad your Trump GOP Mafia let him off the hook anyway.

You guys still piss & moan about it. Butthurt much, Trump ball washer?

based on facts.
Just like the facts that were presented at two scam impeachments by the same group of liars I might add. Try again moron. I bet you believe the earth is flat too.
Thanks for admitting that the impeachments were based on facts. Too bad your Trump GOP Mafia let him off the hook anyway.

You guys still piss & moan about it. Butthurt much, Trump ball washer?
Typical democrat public-school educated moron. You failed reading comprehension too. Please stick to the topic, moron--I've brought that to your single-minded attention at least three times--Since you have no comprehension or command of the language, just STFU. I have no more time to waste on morons.

Typical democrat public-school educated moron. You failed reading comprehension too. Please stick to the topic, moron--I've brought that to your single-minded attention at least three times--Since you have no comprehension or command of the language, just STFU. I have no more time to waste on morons.
Clown, how'd that Trump University degree work out for ya?

Keep supporting an asswipe who thinks windmills cause cancer. He have you convinced of that also?

Forum List

Back