The Left is Losing Politically--and Culturally

History shows that Democrats were the ones that pushed to keep slavery and they were also for Euthanasia, so you agree with those positions today?
Ah Christ. That lame assed shit?

I thought you were better than that.

I was wrong

well like most working americans i have a retirement account…obviously we will need to save even more to support people like you who vote to destroy our economy and doesn’t seem to want to save for their retirement

Get your IRA out of the stock market.
You can shift it to a self directed IRA, all it takes is creating an LLC.
Cost me about $1000 for the legal paperwork.
Done by Guidant in Seattle, but I think they are gone now, however any good lawyer can do it.
You go through a trust company that reports on your investment changes.

I was wrong
I thought you were better than the post to Bob, I was wrong.

Mormons have changed over the decades, just as most people and organizations do. Why is it okay for you to hold one group to the past and not another?

"The Left has lost the culture"--I have been saying this for about a year now, but it's not a single event that prompted me. It was more a "thousand little cuts"--their inability mostly to see that people are fed up with their incessant scolding, dividing us by race, etc.

At any rate, Andrew Sullivan weighs in with what so many have noticed. This is a cultural sea-change; it is beyond politics. He calls for a Bill Clinton or Barack Obama to save the movement. I guess it's always possible, but would involve them denouncing what has been Leftist Orthodoxy for a decade at least. Good luck with that, liberals.

Sure, the Democrats are a party driven by white elitists and the Republicans are more and more the populist party. It's going to get interesting as the Latinos and Asians start abandoning them. Stay tuned for our November episode!!!

Get your IRA out of the stock market.
You can shift it to a self directed IRA, all it takes is creating an LLC.
Cost me about $1000 for the legal paperwork.
Done by Guidant in Seattle, but I think they are gone now, however any good lawyer can do it.
You go through a trust company that reports on your investment changes.

Why didn't you just set up a brokerage IRA retirement account with Vanguard or another low cost brokerage account? You don't need an LLC just for that

Yawn... nothing new under the sun. You'll always have stupid white people willing to vote against their own economic interests based on their racial, religious and sexual fears.

Which is why we won't make real progress until white people are in the minority.

Fuck off cock

Inflation isn't the boogeyman people think it is. If one doesn't buy at inflated prices it doesn't affect one. However, as inflation continues many prices actually fall because of recession and stagnation. Then one can buy at bargain prices.

Funny how many people, including the president, are getting this all wrong.
Inflation is a good thing, and is when wages increase so much that there is bidding wars for good, so prices go up.
We are NOT experiencing inflation, because wages are not going up.
Only prices are going up, and its from bad things like scarcities causing decreases, not from demand increase.
The reason inflation is a good thing is that is makes debts easier to repay, so is positive feedback to a growing economy.

I was wrong

Sheesh, what did he say you didn't know?

Democrats are supporting rape, slavery, criminals and drugs on our Southern border today. You've gotten tens of thousands of girls raped and sold into slavery and sex slavery. You're a party of sick fucks, and yeah, I knew that, it wasn't a surprise. You've been at racism for hundreds of years

Why didn't you just set up a brokerage IRA retirement account with Vanguard or another low cost brokerage account? You don't need an LLC just for that

The whole point is to get OUT of the stock market, so a brokerage account won't do that.
With the LLC, I can invest in real estate, precious minerals, or anything I want.
And it is interesting that while I can't then have parents, myself, or children living in the real estate investment, I can rent it cheap to siblings.

History shows that Democrats were the ones that pushed to keep slavery
Those folks are dead now. If there is one party most closely associated with racism and bigotry clearly it is the POT, party of Trump.

Trump Meets With Viktor Orban After Immigration Tirade

Former President Donald Trump welcomed Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban to one of his luxury golf resorts barely a week after the Central European leader made remarks that have been compared to Nazi rhetoric.

Orban’s presence however invited criticism and dismay following a July 23 speech in Romania in which he said that he wanted to prevent Hungary from becoming a “mixed-race” country and railed against a “flood” of migrants being “forced” on the country.

Zsuzsanna Hegedus, who is Jewish and a long-time Orban ally and adviser, resigned after the speech.

Hegedus, in a letter published by the hvg.hu news website, wrote: “I don’t know how you didn’t notice that the speech you delivered is a purely Nazi diatribe worthy of Joseph Goebbels,” referring to Adolf Hitler’s chief propagandist. The speech would have appealed to the “most vile racists.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...th-hungary-s-orban-amid-firestorm-over-speech

I think we can all agree Orban is a white nationalist. Most, including myself, would say he's a fascist based on the rhetorical evidence.

What do Trump supporters think about Don's association with a man like Orban who he calls his friend? A man, BTW, who was invited to speak at CPAC, and when he did got a rousing ovation.

Folks on my side of the aisle find this to be reprehensible, and more than a little frightening for what it may portend. On what grounds do people in Trumpworld excuse it?

Democrats are supporting rape, slavery, criminals and drugs on our Southern border today.
Here is a question that tests your sanity. Do you really believe the quote above?

The whole point is to get OUT of the stock market, so a brokerage account won't do that.
With the LLC, I can invest in real estate, precious minerals, or anything I want.
And it is interesting that while I can't then have parents, myself, or children living in the real estate investment, I can rent it cheap to siblings.

The whole point of a self directed brokerage account is you do NOT just need to invest in the market. You can, but you can invest in pretty much anything that way, anything that is a financial instrument sold on an open market.

What do you mean specifically by real estate? You can invest in REITs in brokerage accounts. Or do you mean you want to buy real estate directly? That adds complications to your LLC. For example, if you own a business and the building it's in, that's two LLC's because property LLC's are different than corporate LLCs.

Just FYI, there are no advantages of LLCs over S corps, but there are advantages of S corps over LLCs, so S corps are better. They are newer and people think of LLC, but I did my research. I've owned 5 S corps.

Here is a question that tests your sanity. Do you really believe the quote above?

There is no doubt that is what is happening on our southern border. That you don't know that is sick. What I said happens all the time there, your party are a bunch of sick fucks.

But then what should we expect given the Democrat Party's 200 year record of racism

anyone that voted for xiden amd the dems and their record high inflation rates, and sinking stock market voted against their economic interest…race has nothing to do with it
Things change, today unemployment is under 4% the market is up, Vets getting some help, back lash forces Republicans to change there vote. Tomorrow who knows what side of the isle will do some dumb thing first.

And yet you just did that
No, I didn't I don't look at Mormons the same as I did 40 years ago, and I don't believe the Democrats are the same as 40 years ago. I was asking you a comparative question and you took offense right away. Now you know how Bob may feel. The point is people and organizations are constantly evolving and changing. That was my point, one that sailed over your head.

Those folks are dead now. If there is one party most closely associated with racism and bigotry clearly it is the POT, party of Trump.

Trump Meets With Viktor Orban After Immigration Tirade

Former President Donald Trump welcomed Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban to one of his luxury golf resorts barely a week after the Central European leader made remarks that have been compared to Nazi rhetoric.

Orban’s presence however invited criticism and dismay following a July 23 speech in Romania in which he said that he wanted to prevent Hungary from becoming a “mixed-race” country and railed against a “flood” of migrants being “forced” on the country.

Zsuzsanna Hegedus, who is Jewish and a long-time Orban ally and adviser, resigned after the speech.

Hegedus, in a letter published by the hvg.hu news website, wrote: “I don’t know how you didn’t notice that the speech you delivered is a purely Nazi diatribe worthy of Joseph Goebbels,” referring to Adolf Hitler’s chief propagandist. The speech would have appealed to the “most vile racists.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...th-hungary-s-orban-amid-firestorm-over-speech

I think we can all agree Orban is a white nationalist. Most, including myself, would say he's a fascist based on the rhetorical evidence.

What do Trump supporters think about Don's association with a man like Orban who he calls his friend? A man, BTW, who was invited to speak at CPAC, and when he did got a rousing ovation.

Folks on my side of the aisle find this to be reprehensible, and more than a little frightening for what it may portend. On what grounds do people in Trumpworld excuse it?
Again, I don't believe the Democrats of today are the Democrats of the Civil War or WWII, I was comparing the Democrats to the Mormons, as Democrats have changed over the decades, the Mormon religion has changed so the way Democrats think of black people has changed, the Mormons and their treatment of women and blacks has changed as well.

I find it amusing how upset you people get when you bring up the Democratic Party's past but want to throw the Mormons past in their face. If you don't want to be judged by the same weight, don't do it to them. Pretty simple philosophy.

Not sure what your mumbo jumbo about Trump and Hungary is about, I am not a Republican or a Trump supporter, nor am I a Democrat or a Biden supporter, I find them both to be the two worst Presidents we have had. So spew away about your Trump obsession if you wish, I have no interest in him or his views.

Last edited:
Sheesh, what did he say you didn't know?

Democrats are supporting rape, slavery, criminals and drugs on our Southern border today. You've gotten tens of thousands of girls raped and sold into slavery and sex slavery. You're a party of sick fucks, and yeah, I knew that, it wasn't a surprise. You've been at racism for hundreds of years
Bullshit

"The Left has lost the culture"--I have been saying this for about a year now, but it's not a single event that prompted me. It was more a "thousand little cuts"--their inability mostly to see that people are fed up with their incessant scolding, dividing us by race, etc.

At any rate, Andrew Sullivan weighs in with what so many have noticed. This is a cultural sea-change; it is beyond politics. He calls for a Bill Clinton or Barack Obama to save the movement. I guess it's always possible, but would involve them denouncing what has been Leftist Orthodoxy for a decade at least. Good luck with that, liberals.

The Left IS the Culture, and it's the rabidly conservative right who have lost all sense of decency, respect for the Constitution, or the rule of law. Donald Trump filed more than 50 lawsuits in courts at municipal, state and federal levels and every single one of them failed both on the law, and on the evidence. More than 80 judges, including all 9 Supreme Court Justices, ruled against Trump's claims that the election was "stolen",

All of Trump's advisors told him the election wasn't stolen, Joe Biden won, and he should concede, and still Donald Trump is now running for re-election on a platform that the election was stolen and he's going to take revenge on the Democrats who turfed him out of office.

This time Trump has an army of heavily armed 3%'s and disaffected crazies behind him to form an army, and he's already demonstrated in spades that he's more than happy to kill people and start a civil war to achieve and maintain power.

70% of the population in one of the reddest states in the Union, just voted in favour of a woman's right to choose. Women registered in record numbers, went to the polls in that state in a Republican primary election, where no democrats were running, to defend their right to choose, because the Republicans Party, both federally and across every state in the Union is running on the platform of passing a nationwide ban on abortion the moment they get back in power. And a ban on gay marriage, even though 80% of Americans from both parties are in favour of that one.

And don't get me started on the refusal of Republicans to legalize birth control - another right the current SC had threatened. Republicans have already ended abortion rights in 20 states and are now talking about banning birth control too. IUD's are already banned in "life begins at conception" states because this device prevents the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus, so it's an "abortion device" under these laws.

So are "morning after" pills because they too prevent a fertilized egg from implanting. These pills are the best preventative for a post-rape pregnancy, and prevent a more difficult and expensive surgical procedure later in the pregnancy.

Then there's the open assaults on the public school system using the phony excuse of CRT, none of which is being taught in schools, but all of which is driving teachers out of the profession and into early retirement, leaving teacher shortages everywhere.

Republican attacks on health care professionals who they now blame for keeping the pandemic going so the health care system can profit, have also driven thousands of nurses and doctors to leave the profession. That's in addition to the thousands of doctors and nurses who died during the pandemic, from covid.

The Democratic Party is the only hope for the nation since Republicans are busy placating Trump and the rest of the luncatic fringe.

Forum List

Back