The Latest PR Tactic for the Left.....

I really don't mind what you think. If you choose to remain ignorant rather than ascertain facts and information for yourself, that is not my problem. It is yours. I provide comment, based on information that I find for myself.

The problem with many on here - and I mean both left and right - is that you are unable or unwilling to seek information. You prefer to be spoon fed by the media. That is your right. It's not my problem if you choose ignorance.

The problem: you are unwilling to share your source. IMO, it is for the very reason you should hide it...YOU know it will not withstand the sunshine and scrutiny of bias and legitimacy...

You choose instead to prance around in haughtiness and faux arrogance, to deflect what would be just criticism and to prevent being ostracized.

That last time you pulled this stunt, your 'fish story' source turned out to be a clown...Glenn Beck...:lol::lol::lol:

No...what I am saying is that there is no substantiating proof of the wild accusation that you based an entire thread on. Until you can provide proof, I can only conclude you are lying.

There is an entire network (perhaps you have heard of it) that exists primarily to run stories like you allude to......and they have reported.....NOTHING

Until you can provide something I stand by my conclusion that you are lying

I really don't mind what you think. If you choose to remain ignorant rather than ascertain facts and information for yourself, that is not my problem. It is yours. I provide comment, based on information that I find for myself.

The problem with many on here - and I mean both left and right - is that you are unable or unwilling to seek information. You prefer to be spoon fed by the media. That is your right. It's not my problem if you choose ignorance.

To be frank California Girl...

I find that you embellish many of your posts with wild claims. These have included your Oxford degree, your career as a writer and even in this thread, your claim that your brother was spat upon when he came back from Viet Nam. This entire thread is an example of how you are willing to stretch the truth to make a point.

For most posters, I would accept their claims of personal expertise. Based on reading your posts for many months, I do not extent that courtesy to you

Why would I want you to extend any courtesy to me? You honestly think I give a shit what you think of me or hold your opinion in any regard? Cuz, I can assure you, I don't.

Do please quote where I claimed my brother was spat at on his return from Vietnam.... I'll wait while you struggle to find a non-existent post. I said he's been spat at.... I made no comment about Vietnam. You fucking moron. You just demonstrated your own inability to keep your facts straight.

I post as I see fit.... apparently that bothers you.... I suspect that's more to do with your inabiity to counter it so you resort to personal attacks. That's fine. I have no problem with you being an ass.

The problem: you are unwilling to share your source. IMO, it is for the very reason you should hide it...YOU know it will not withstand the sunshine and scrutiny of bias and legitimacy...

You choose instead to prance around in haughtiness and faux arrogance, to deflect what would be just criticism and to prevent being ostracized.

That last time you pulled this stunt, your 'fish story' source turned out to be a clown...Glenn Beck...:lol::lol::lol:

I can't link it. It has no link. I could, if I was inclined, post the correspondence but I will not. Because there is no point. If I did, you would insist on a link - because some people are apparently incapable of understanding that the internet is not the be-all-and-end-all of information.

I think the problem is that few of you actually know how to get information without 'google' and the media. That's not my problem, it is yours.

And as for your bullshit about Beck.... carry on lying, little man.

I find that you embellish many of your posts with wild claims. These have included your Oxford degree, your career as a writer and even in this thread, your claim that your brother was spat upon when he came back from Viet Nam. This entire thread is an example of how you are willing to stretch the truth to make a point.

For most posters, I would accept their claims of personal expertise. Based on reading your posts for many months, I do not extent that courtesy to you

Why would I want you to extend any courtesy to me? You honestly think I give a shit what you think of me or hold your opinion in any regard? Cuz, I can assure you, I don't.

Do please quote where I claimed my brother was spat at on his return from Vietnam.... I'll wait while you struggle to find a non-existent post. I said he's been spat at.... I made no comment about Vietnam. You fucking moron. You just demonstrated your own inability to keep your facts straight.

I post as I see fit.... apparently that bothers you.... I suspect that's more to do with your inabiity to counter it so you resort to personal attacks. That's fine. I have no problem with you being an ass.

California Girl. You claim to be an intellectual, but I find it impossible to distinguish your posts from Willow Tree and Stephanie. For someone who claims to be highly educated, you lack the thoroughness and integrity of factual information that an educated person would provide.

Still not a shred of eveidence the Rs have been threatened yet the claim is still made.

This is why the right will fail.

They keep saying things that there are no facts to prove.

You are right California Girl...

I did not realize your sneakiness that in response to a post about people spitting on Viet Nam vets you replied

Would you like contact details for my brother? Cuz he's been spat at - by his 'fellow Americans'. But, like all decent military, he does not react by kicking someone's ass. He smiles politely because that's what our military do.

Idiot.

However, if you are claiming that your brother is active duty today and has Americans spitting on him....I will definitely call you a Liar

Last edited:
Prior to the vote, Democrats and Republicans who were on the 'no' side received countless threats and intimidation. US Senators, both GOP and Dem, received hate mail, and threats of physical violence because of their intention to vote 'no'. Media silence.

Now it's passed and the media goes nuts about the same thing happening to those who voted 'yes'.

Double standards from the media? Or are left wingers playing the 'oh noes, the big bad right are coming after poor lil ol me' card?

It would be funny if it wasn't so damned pathetic.

Just sayin'.

*Sits back and waits for truthmatters to call me a 'liar'... cuz when you don't like the message, shoot the messenger is a typical Alinsky tactic.*

Bullshit.

No...what I am saying is that there is no substantiating proof of the wild accusation that you based an entire thread on. Until you can provide proof, I can only conclude you are lying.

There is an entire network (perhaps you have heard of it) that exists primarily to run stories like you allude to......and they have reported.....NOTHING

Until you can provide something I stand by my conclusion that you are lying

I am glad you will accept my posts, that said its funny that you got to use a name like Right Winger, that speaks volumes about that content of your posts. You wish to make outrageous ugly posts and hope the ill-informed assume your not a Marxist-coward. I know I am a nut job to suggest Marxism exists outside of Der-Kapital and you will more than easily point taht out, but that is just the Marxist hiding as a coward knowing that once exposed your easily crushed.

Marxist will always have to hide and be cowards, in open fights they lose, actually they always lose, they never win, but they think they can.

Of course this user will come back with some snide remarks, maybe something real ugly about how I am a conservative conspiracy nut job and maybe this one time this ignorant liberal will believe what they post but that just shows the stupidity of so many liberals, many liberals are not smart enough to know they are following Marxist doctrine. Many Liberals are really so stupid that if a Marxist became their leader and simply called themselves a democrat many liberals are dumb enough to believe them.

hence the challenge

Well, we all know what the Big Deal Ethics are in ObamaLand:

We won so we get to do whatever we want and change our minds whenever we feel like it.

Looks like CG's role model is Truthmatters. When you can't back something up just keep insisting your information is true.

:thup:

Sweetie, I haven't 'insisted' my information is true. I just put it out there. People are welcome do make of it what they will. It is not my job to spoon feed people. The information is there for anyone who cares to look for it.... you just have to look a tad further than the media. Clearly, because you do not understand that, you prefer to dismiss it. That's fine. It is your choice and I support your freedom to remain ignorant.

In other words "I got nuthin' by way of proof." Actually, girl, you got nuthin' because if that had actually been occurring before the health bill was passed, you can bet your sweet ass that Fox News aka the Beck Channel, would have been raising holy hell every time it happened. And we all know that the Beck Channel dictates what the rest of MSM reports on, because rants creating discourse is what sells.

California Girl. You claim to be an intellectual, but I find it impossible to distinguish your posts from Willow Tree and Stephanie. For someone who claims to be highly educated, you lack the thoroughness and integrity of factual information that an educated person would provide.
What he said.

Oh....so Ravi has never heard of the "Face-spitting" tactic used in the 60s.....

Never happened.

Great myth though.

Stop and think about it, Mud

Had some hippi spat upon a serviceman, do you really think that hippi wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked, and that leading to media coverage of it?

You show me an example of this that is documented, and you will be the first person who ever has.

Remember...I was there....and in uniform, too.

NO serviceman I ever spoke to was spat upon.

None.

Would you like contact details for my brother? Cuz he's been spat at - by his 'fellow Americans'. But, like all decent military, he does not react by kicking someone's ass. He smiles politely because that's what our military do.

Idiot.

Obviously, putting your brother in the middle is a last ditch effort to prove you're right. I too never saw a military person physically assaulted by spit, although there were throngs of hippie-types during that time who spit. A lot. I suspect that happened ONCE, and it then became a symbol for the anti-war movement being taken to the level of dishonoring the soldiers and Marines who fought it. Sure, it was wrong. But there has never been any footage of any of them having to wipe the spit off their faces.

I was also recently reading that women didn't burn their bras, either. There was a single incident of someone burning her bra, which, again, propelled into a national symbolism for women's rights.

California Girl said:
You want the info, go fucking find it. I did.... but I did get part of it from a 'closed' source so that will be a problem for some.

*Just so everyone knows, I have emailed several media sources to give them the info I have and ask why they are not covering it.*

Well dayum. Can I use that excuse the next time someone accuses me of having no "proof"?? And *just so you know, I have several news sources of my own, so when your people contact you, let us know, and I'll tell you what my people said. K?

thetruthisoutthere.jpg

And the TRUTH is that the Health Care Bill is a fiasco.

Never happened.

Great myth though.

Had some hippi spat upon a serviceman, do you really think that hippi wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked, and that leading to media coverage of it?

You show me an example of this that is documented, and you will be the first person who ever has.

None.

Idiot.

Obviously, putting your brother in the middle is a last ditch effort to prove you're right. I too never saw a military person physically assaulted by spit, although there were throngs of hippie-types during that time who spit. A lot. I suspect that happened ONCE, and it then became a symbol for the anti-war movement being taken to the level of dishonoring the soldiers and Marines who fought it. Sure, it was wrong. But there has never been any footage of any of them having to wipe the spit off their faces.

I was also recently reading that women didn't burn their bras, either. There was a single incident of someone burning her bra, which, again, propelled into a national symbolism for women's rights.

Vietnam Veterans Against the War: THE VETERAN: Debunking A Myth

How does one attempt to prove a negative - that something didn't happen? This author does it by examining the positive side and failing to find any conclusive proof that it occurred. Along the way he finds many indications that it is indeed a myth.

His research examined newspapers from New York and San Francisco, as well as police reports detailing the interaction between protesters and veterans. No spitting incidents were reported, and the observers noticed that over time the veterans assumed leadership positions among the protesters. Lembcke did find newspaper reports of spitting during demonstrations in the late 1960s, but they referred to hawks spitting on anti-war protesters.

Reinforcing his myth hypothesis, Lembcke cites a Harris poll reported to Congress in 1972 that indicates 93% of returning veterans found their homecoming friendly, while only 3% found it unfriendly. The poll also reported that over 75% of returning vets were opposed to the war.

The first documented reports of being spit upon don't begin to appear until the early 1980s. According to the author, who is currently an associate professor of sociology, the time delay is a strong indication that the story is a myth

Last edited:
Here's something else I find fascinating.... not one of you on the left has asked me where to look or how to get information.

How sad. And how unsurprising. This leads me to think that you actually don't want information, you want 'talking points' so you can whine about shit.

Do you Google? You can formulate a question any bumbling way you want, and Google will highlight key words and find a variety of sites that could at least point you in a better direction, if not give you an exact place to look. You could try this by googling the words in your OP:

Prior to the vote, Democrats and Republicans who were on the 'no' side received countless threats and intimidation. US Senators, both GOP and Dem, received hate mail, and threats of physical violence because of their intention to vote 'no'

I just did, and alas, the only site referring to that subject was...drum roll...yours, posted here.

They believe they are above the consequences of their actions like all true leftwingers do. They think they can shove something up our asses without taking an elbow to the head.

Good luck with THAT.:lol:

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I might be considering whether this is a tactic designed to push certain elements towards civil unrest. What better way to make another grab for power than a good 'crisis'.

Obama and the radical left has always used the alinsky rules to deploy their agenda

Oh that's funny. The Alinsky Rules are parked right next to the Karl Rove Handbook of all good cons. The only difference is cons know how to keep radical ideas constantly in motion to keep their fringes all rev'd up and sweaty, locked and loaded.

Never happened.

Great myth though.

None.

Idiot.

The KKK never hung blacks had they there would be videos, same goes for spitting, had the solders of Vietnam been spit on there would be thousands of photos from cell phones and digital video cameras.

Seriously, even my cheap Kodak camera takes video so where are the videos of soldiers being spit on.

Forum List

Back