The Lancet Gets Down On Trump

At the time only China was suspect for containing the virus. other places were not known (including the US) to have it . Duh!

And since you still call Trump racist for the China travel ban, we'll recommend you to the pharmacy for stupid pills. Even MSNBC has backed off from that.

Only a moron doesn't see him as a racist. Either that or he is pandering to his base. Neither is a good look.

Only a moron doesn't see him as a racist. Either that or he is pandering to his base. Neither is a good look.
Yeah ? So let's see you post something here right now that can show Trump as being a "racist". Go ahead. You got a challenge. Fight or flight..

I'm not he president who determines what actions the county takes, and I don't have access to up to date accurate information 24/7 like that fool does. He should at least read the damn reports, instead of acting like a spoiled dictator.
What gives you the idea that Trump is not reading reports ? This is what CNN et al are spilling out ? Of course he read reports. He read the reports that came from Tom Cotton's letter, and saw his appearances on TV (Fox & Friends, et l) That's how the congressional briefing came about 2 days later. That's how Schumer found out about all this 2 days after that. Got it ?

As early as January, Trump blocked travel from China, well before the Europeans did. He also sent 2 big Navy hospital ships to New York, authorized the stimulus checks, started the Task Force, and in January got the NIH working on a vaccine.

And back in early February, the CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits to U.S. and international labs.

As for Schumer, he was late. 2 days earlier, Trump administration officials held a briefing to instruct members of the Senate about the virus (the only reason Schumer knew about it), and 4 days earlier on January 20, one day before the Chinese government began a quarantine of Wuhan to contain the spread of the virus, Arkansas Republican senator Tom Cotton sent a letter to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar, encouraging the Trump administration to consider banning travel between China and the United States and warning that the Communist regime could be covering up how dangerous the disease really was.

That same day, he amplified his warnings on Twitter and in an appearance on the radio program of Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade.

Tom Cotton was both the first and the loudest voice in Congress to sound the alarm about the looming pandemic.
While others slept, Tom Cotton was warning anyone who would listen that the coronavirus was coming for America.

At the time, the Senate impeachment trial was dominating the news cycle. The trial, which lasted from January 16 to February 5, had even blotted out coverage of the Democratic presidential primary, When the first classified briefing on the virus was held in the Senate on January 24, only 14 senators reportedly showed up.

Cotton’s public and private warnings became more urgent that last week of January. In a January 28 letter to the secretaries of state, health and human services, and homeland security, he noted that “no amount of screening [at airports] will identify a contagious-but-asymptomatic person afflicted with the coronavirus” and called for an immediate evacuation of Americans in China and a ban on all commercial flights between China and the United States. Trump then agreed, and issued the ban. And the moronic response from liberals and Democrats (which they since have backpedaled from) ? They called it "racist".

Good thing Trump is president, and not that serial killer woman.

Folks, be alert for Information-deprived liberals, victims of liberal OMISSION media.

The Lancet is getting political and telling all how they feel about how the pandemic is being handled.

"Trump and his allies, The Lancet laments in its editorial, are expecting a quick and easy solution to a difficult health crisis. His administration, according to The Lancet, “is obsessed with magic bullets: vaccines, new medicines or a hope that the virus will simply disappear. But only a steadfast reliance on basic public health principles — like test, trace and isolate — will see the emergency brought to an end, and this requires an effective national public health agency. The CDC needs a director who can provide leadership without the threat of being silenced and who has the technical capacity to lead today’s complicated effort.”

Americans must put a president in the White House, come January 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics.

Ha HA. Like Democrats aren't treating it partisanly, right ? :puhleeze: :rolleyes:

The Lancet is among the top rated medical journals in the world, if not the top rated medical journals in the world. Hardly a partisan publication. Trump sucks, and they found it necessary to comment on how that is causing unnecessary deaths.
The UK is a festering sore of liberalism

and it is unqualified to advise the US on internal political affairs

No. The facts are all that count. They would have been presented no matter which party was screwing up so bad.
Yes. The OP and its source are a Trump bash. Facts ? They could have congratulated the Trump administration on their Jan 22 briefing to Congress on the virus (at which only a few showed up, while everyone was consumed by the impeachement fiasco)

You mean his Jan 22 remarks where he said the virus was completely under control, and he laughed at the possibility that it would ever become a pandemic or the Jan 24 statement where he praised China for being so in control of the situation and praising them for their transparency in the situation? Is that what you think he should be congratulated for?
Based on the info provided by ‘experts‘. What were you advising on Jan 22?

I'm not he president who determines what actions the county takes, and I don't have access to up to date accurate information 24/7 like that fool does. He should at least read the damn reports, instead of acting like a spoiled dictator.
He followed advice from experts. What did you do since you knew so much? Take it up with fauci and birks, etc.

No he didn't. His remarks were the exact opposite of what the experts were telling him dumb ass. The reports he was shown have been made public.
He followed experts advice. It’s only been a couple of months and you’re already suckered by propaganda.

No he didn't. He didn't even read the reports.
Change the fucking channel and take some memory pills, you dupe.

He followed experts advice. It’s only been a couple of months and you’re already suckered by propaganda.
Nothing was ever more evident. But Democrats concoct things and then run with them. It's what they do.

And they don't have much for a campaign, so distorting the coronavirus scenario, may be all they've got.
As gullible (retarded) as so many seem to be, its likely a sound strategy.

Yeah ? So let's see you post something here right now that can show Trump as being a "racist". Go ahead. You got a challenge. Fight or flight..
Too easy.

The Lancet is getting political and telling all how they feel about how the pandemic is being handled.

"Trump and his allies, The Lancet laments in its editorial, are expecting a quick and easy solution to a difficult health crisis. His administration, according to The Lancet, “is obsessed with magic bullets: vaccines, new medicines or a hope that the virus will simply disappear. But only a steadfast reliance on basic public health principles — like test, trace and isolate — will see the emergency brought to an end, and this requires an effective national public health agency. The CDC needs a director who can provide leadership without the threat of being silenced and who has the technical capacity to lead today’s complicated effort.”

Americans must put a president in the White House, come January 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics.

Fuck tracing.

What gives you the idea that Trump is not reading reports ? This is what CNN et al are spilling out ? Of course he read reports. He read the reports that came from Tom Cotton's letter, and saw his appearances on TV (Fox & Friends, et l) That's how the congressional briefing came about 2 days later. That's how Schumer found out about all this 2 days after that. Got it ?

Watching his performance on Fox and friends is not the same as reading the daily threat reports dumb ass,

If it was so "easy" why didn't you post it, in your own words ? I asked YOU to post what YOU think is racist, not fall back on some half-ass, liberal fake.
You couldn't post a single example of Trump being racist.

Now let's take a look at your "easy" source link. What is easy about it is refuting it, as the same liberal babbling, that has been presented to me in the past (nothing new here)

1. The housing story is waaaaay too old to be significant in the 2020's. 1973 ? :puhleeze:

2. I suppose you won't read this link, which could educate you about the Central Park 5 (all of whom were guilty), but your link article is loaded with MISinformation, which you obviously, and foolishly, believe.

3. I could comment on the foolishness of this false racism notion, but the mere fact that it was early 90s (30 years ago), alone disqualifies it from any judgement about Trump allegedly being a racist NOW (in 2020). We all have plenty of things we did or thought 30 years ago, and don't now. This doesn't mean that I accept what is written in the link.

4. The Apprentice - I won't bother reviewing this bash talk of the Atlantic's 4 Trump bashers, being that from 2005 (15 years ago), it also is too old to be of any relevance to 2020 and beyond. This in no way means I accept any of what is said in this piece.

5. It could very well be that Obama really DOESN'T have a birth certificate. Not a true, valid one that is. Maybe liberals have closed the book on this, but millions of Americans never have. Obama's own (old) relatives still claim he was born in Africa.

6. The Muslim ban (first one) was 100% appropriate. First of all, Islam is not a race, and many Muslims are white. Secondly, Islam is a seditious ideology, which, in violation of the US Constitution, proclaims supremacy, as well (the Koran) advocates (if not commands) the performance of scores of things that are against US law (ex. wife beating - Koran 4:34). keeping this abomination out of the US, is one of the best things Trump ever did.

Last edited:

The lancet has gotten political plenty of times in the past.

The doth protest too much.

The Lancet - Wikipedia

Watching his performance on Fox and friends is not the same as reading the daily threat reports dumb ass,
You are the dumb ass, as you try to present his performance on Fox and Friends as if that were the only significance of Cotton's involvement. You know the rest of the story. It's posted in this thread.

You are the dumb ass, as you try to present his performance on Fox and Friends as if that were the only significance of Cotton's involvement. You know the rest of the story. It's posted in this thread.

You're almost as dumb as our stupid president. You're the one who mentioned the fox appearance. Tom Cotton on Fox is not his daily threat briefing. Of course, you're a crazy right winger, and you don't see the difference.

If it was so "easy" why didn't you post it, in your own words ? I asked YOU to post what YOU think is racist, not fall back on some half-ass, liberal fake.
You couldn't post a single example of Trump being racist.

Now let's take a look at your "easy" source link. What is easy about it is refuting it, as the same liberal babbling, that has been presented to me in the past (nothing new here)

1. The housing story is waaaaay too old to be significant in the 2020's. 1973 ? :puhleeze:

2. I suppose you won't read this link, which could educate you about the Central Park 5 (all of whom were guilty), but your link article is loaded with MISinformation, which you obviously, and foolishly, believe.

3. I could comment on the foolishness of this false racism notion, but the mere fact that it was early 90s (30 years ago), alone disqualifies it from any judgement about Trump allegedly being a racist NOW (in 2020). We all have plenty of things we did or thought 30 years ago, and don't now. This doesn't mean that I accept what is written in the link.

4. The Apprentice - I won't bother reviewing this bash talk of the Atlantic's 4 Trump bashers, being that from 2005 (15 years ago), it also is too old to be of any relevance to 2020 and beyond. This in no way means I accept any of what is said in this piece.

5. It could very well be that Obama really DOESN'T have a birth certificate. Not a true, valid one that is. Maybe liberals have closed the book on this, but millions of Americans never have. Obama's own (old) relatives still claim he was born in Africa.

6. The Muslim ban (first one) was 100% appropriate. First of all, Islam is not a race, and many Muslims are white. Secondly, Islam is a seditious ideology, which, in violation of the US Constitution, proclaims supremacy, as well (the Koran) advocates (if not commands) the performance of scores of things that are against US law (ex. wife beating - Koran 4:34). keeping this abomination out of the US, is one of the best things Trump ever did.

Okay, so you're a Trumpite neocon whackadoodle apologist. Why didn't you just say so? I wouldn't have wasted my time.
Everything you just wrote? You wasted your time and mine. Keep that head in the sand my little ostrich. Just to show you how dumb you are - "oh, racism only counts if he said it recently'. Fuck off you mental midget. Jaysus Christ, I can't believe half the shit you morons type. I seriously believe half the time you ijits are just shit stirrers. I can't believe that even somebody as moronic as your average Deplorable actually believes the tripe they type.

You're almost as dumb as our stupid president. You're the one who mentioned the fox appearance. Tom Cotton on Fox is not his daily threat briefing. Of course, you're a crazy right winger, and you don't see the difference.
Ha ha. I already addressed this utter nonsense. You have reading comprehension trouble ?

Okay, so you're a Trumpite neocon whackadoodle apologist. Why didn't you just say so? I wouldn't have wasted my time.
Everything you just wrote? You wasted your time and mine. Keep that head in the sand my little ostrich. Just to show you how dumb you are - "oh, racism only counts if he said it recently'. Fuck off you mental midget. Jaysus Christ, I can't believe half the shit you morons type. I seriously believe half the time you ijits are just shit stirrers. I can't believe that even somebody as moronic as your average Deplorable actually believes the tripe they type.
You just typed 8 lines of ZERO substance to this thread. Yeah, I said things from 15 years ago, 30 years ago almost 50 years ago, aren't relevant now. The man who's running for relelection of POTUS is who he is NOW, not who he was many years ago.

And your link listed 6 things that I have refuted 100 times already. I'll bet you still haven't read the link I posted.

You just typed 8 lines of ZERO substance to this thread. Yeah, I said things from 15 years ago, 30 years ago almost 50 years ago, aren't relevant now. The man who's running for relelection of POTUS is who he is NOW, not who he was many years ago.

And your link listed 6 things that I have refuted 100 times already. I'll bet you still haven't read the link I posted.

Yet Trump-O hasn't refuted any of his stupid remarks.

The coronavirus scenario is unprecedented. It took all of by surprise, and it is something that none of us really have any experience with. It lends itself to people saying one thing one day, and then changing that on another. Dr Fauci has done that also. Many people both parties, have. It's the nature of this thing. Grow up.

The coronavirus scenario is unprecedented. It took all of by surprise, and it is something that none of us really have any experience with. It lends itself to people saying one thing one day, and then changing that on another. Dr Fauci has done that also. Many people both parties, have. It's the nature of this thing. Grow up.

There is a difference between changing your opinion based on new, better information, and hanging on to the same stupid beliefs no matter what facts are revealed, like Trump does.

Forum List

Back