The Lancet Gets Down On Trump

No. The facts are all that count. They would have been presented no matter which party was screwing up so bad.
Yes. The OP and its source are a Trump bash. Facts ? They could have congratulated the Trump administration on their Jan 22 briefing to Congress on the virus (at which only a few showed up, while everyone was consumed by the impeachement fiasco)

You mean his Jan 22 remarks where he said the virus was completely under control, and he laughed at the possibility that it would ever become a pandemic or the Jan 24 statement where he praised China for being so in control of the situation and praising them for their transparency in the situation? Is that what you think he should be congratulated for?
Based on the info provided by ‘experts‘. What were you advising on Jan 22?

That it was a very contagious virus and there was cause for concern. Certainly wasn't praising China and saying there was going to be no problem.
I doubt that.

The Lancet is getting political and telling all how they feel about how the pandemic is being handled.

"Trump and his allies, The Lancet laments in its editorial, are expecting a quick and easy solution to a difficult health crisis. His administration, according to The Lancet, “is obsessed with magic bullets: vaccines, new medicines or a hope that the virus will simply disappear. But only a steadfast reliance on basic public health principles — like test, trace and isolate — will see the emergency brought to an end, and this requires an effective national public health agency. The CDC needs a director who can provide leadership without the threat of being silenced and who has the technical capacity to lead today’s complicated effort.”

Americans must put a president in the White House, come January 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics.

Anyone who thinks “test, trace, and isolate” is going to do anything to end this pandemic is a fucking moron.

The last thing we need is the government breaking into people’s homes in order to “separate and isolate” people.

Thanks for playing.

I doubt that.

You're right. I wasn't advising anybody that COVID-19 was an issue on Jan 22. I have a personal email that I sent to my parents on Jan 10th warning of a new virus coming out of China. Said it could be bad. Thought it was giong to be worse than SARs, but turned out I was wrong on that count.
Then why didn’t you warn trump? Why didn’t you warn the democrats and the media who called trump racist and xenophobic for putting travel restrictions from China? You allowed the media to trick the public. You have blood on your hands!

Then why didn’t you warn trump? Why didn’t you warn the democrats and the media who called trump racist and xenophobic for putting travel restrictions from China? You allowed the media to trick the public. You have blood on your hands!

You got it all wrong. It was xenophobic. And it was racist. Trump is a racist. Why only put travel restrictions on China. That was the point. Those calling him out on it weren't annoyed he had put travel restrictions on, they were wondering why he didn't put them on everybody. Just as an FYI, you do know that virus don't know about travel restrictions and borders, right? You do know that when a virus hops on board a person's body it doesn't go to itself, "Well, my host is not from China, therefore I can't be spread around". You do know that, right?

No. The facts are all that count. They would have been presented no matter which party was screwing up so bad.
Yes. The OP and its source are a Trump bash. Facts ? They could have congratulated the Trump administration on their Jan 22 briefing to Congress on the virus (at which only a few showed up, while everyone was consumed by the impeachement fiasco)

You mean his Jan 22 remarks where he said the virus was completely under control, and he laughed at the possibility that it would ever become a pandemic or the Jan 24 statement where he praised China for being so in control of the situation and praising them for their transparency in the situation? Is that what you think he should be congratulated for?

I'm not he president who determines what actions the county takes, and I don't have access to up to date accurate information 24/7 like that fool does. He should at least read the damn reports, instead of acting like a spoiled dictator.

You got it all wrong. It was xenophobic. And it was racist. Trump is a racist. Why only put travel restrictions on China. That was the point. Those calling him out on it weren't annoyed he had put travel restrictions on, they were wondering why he didn't put them on everybody. Just as an FYI, you do know that virus don't know about travel restrictions and borders, right? You do know that when a virus hops on board a person's body it doesn't go to itself, "Well, my host is not from China, therefore I can't be spread around". You do know that, right?
It emanated from China, you phony!

I'm not he president who determines what actions the county takes, and I don't have access to up to date accurate information 24/7 like that fool does. He should at least read the damn reports, instead of acting like a spoiled dictator.
He followed advice from experts. What did you do since you knew so much? Take it up with fauci and birks, etc.

That it was a very contagious virus and there was cause for concern. Certainly wasn't praising China and saying there was going to be no problem.
I doubt that.

Doubt all you want. We know the stupid shit Trump said.

He followed advice from experts. What did you do since you knew so much? Take it up with fauci and birks, etc.

No he didn't. His remarks were the exact opposite of what the experts were telling him dumb ass. The reports he was shown have been made public.

The Lancet is getting political and telling all how they feel about how the pandemic is being handled.

"Trump and his allies, The Lancet laments in its editorial, are expecting a quick and easy solution to a difficult health crisis. His administration, according to The Lancet, “is obsessed with magic bullets: vaccines, new medicines or a hope that the virus will simply disappear. But only a steadfast reliance on basic public health principles — like test, trace and isolate — will see the emergency brought to an end, and this requires an effective national public health agency. The CDC needs a director who can provide leadership without the threat of being silenced and who has the technical capacity to lead today’s complicated effort.”

Americans must put a president in the White House, come January 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics.

Ha HA. Like Democrats aren't treating it partisanly, right ? :puhleeze: :rolleyes:

The Lancet is among the top rated medical journals in the world, if not the top rated medical journals in the world. Hardly a partisan publication. Trump sucks, and they found it necessary to comment on how that is causing unnecessary deaths.
There has been so much disinformation in recent decades that believing anything is questionable.

No he didn't. His remarks were the exact opposite of what the experts were telling him dumb ass. The reports he was shown have been made public.
He followed experts advice. It’s only been a couple of months and you’re already suckered by propaganda.

Ha HA. Like Democrats aren't treating it partisanly, right ? :puhleeze: :rolleyes:

The Lancet is among the top rated medical journals in the world, if not the top rated medical journals in the world. Hardly a partisan publication. Trump sucks, and they found it necessary to comment on how that is causing unnecessary deaths.
There has been so much disinformation in recent decades that believing anything is questionable.
No There have been so many conspiracy theories in recent decades till people have lost their minds. People like Trump who claim the media is the enemy, and enemies like Russia should be proud. They have disrupted the sane running of out country just like they had always hoped.

He followed experts advice. It’s only been a couple of months and you’re already suckered by propaganda.

No he didn't. He didn't even read the reports.

:puhleeze: It's as partisan as anybody else/. All it takes is one person writing something to put out a bash. Doesn't mean everyone there thinks that.

Everything published there is peer reviewed. Politics doesn't enter the picture.
Yeah, it’s peer reviewed by other lefties.

The stupidity I see on this board in an effort to prop up a grifting con man in the White House is stunning.
like the other side never props up their people....

YOU KNOW what I mean, because I clearly stated it on Post # 37 . And you know what he/they should be congratulated for. I see no need to repeat myself.

At the time only China was suspect for containing the virus. other places were not known (including the US) to have it . Duh!

And since you still call Trump racist for the China travel ban, we'll recommend you to the pharmacy for stupid pills. Even MSNBC has backed off from that.

No he didn't. He didn't even read the reports.
If he had not read any report (like the one from Tom Cotton (Jan 20), he would not have authorized the Jan 22 briefing to the Senate, and Schumer would have never known. Do you think you can get somewhere here, by just jumbling up facts and dates ?

Your leftist fake media reports have all been refuted.

]
No There have been so many conspiracy theories in recent decades till people have lost their minds. People like Trump who claim the media is the enemy, and enemies like Russia should be proud. They have disrupted the sane running of out country just like they had always hoped.
You are lost.

Nothing was ever more evident. But Democrats concoct things and then run with them. It's what they do.

And they don't have much for a campaign, so distorting the coronavirus scenario, may be all they've got.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back