The Lahar

Of course, what you are essentially stating is that there is a worldwide conspiracy among all the scientists dealing with this subject. Because every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University state in the policy statements that AGW is happening, and a danger to all of us.

Need any extra tinfoil for your little aluminum beanie?

Actualy rocks, it isn't so much a consipiracy as a convenient acceptance of terribly flawed basic science.

Whatever. You believe what you want. All I know is we had one of the coldest winters here in Washington and we had snow in the mountains falling through April! They kept the ski areas open through May because they had so much snow on the ground. But, you believe whatever your little heart desires, sweetie.

Are you this stupid? Or do you just talk without any actual knowledge of the alpine??!!

The snowfall from the last week of December through the second week of February was almost non-existent, less than 15% of normal (at Mt Hood anyway).

It was just slightly cooler than an average winter in the Cascades.

PS-what the fuck does a volcanic lahar have to do with global mean temps?? you are one twisted moron.

hmm, interesting: Storm Brings Heavy Snow to the Cascades - News Story - KTVZ Bend

This was dated November 2010.

BEND, Ore. -- A vigorous storm dropped about a foot of snow at pass levels of the Cascades by Thursday morning, buoying the hopes of skiers for a Thanksgiving present, but there was relatively little precipitation over most of the High Desert, as temperatures nudged above freezing.

The National Weather Service extended its winter storm warning in the mountains to midnight, as driving conditions worsened and chains or traction tires were required over the passes.

Redmond Airport had light rain and 35 degrees at 9 a.m. Thursday, but it was at the freezing level at Bend Airport, where light rain also was reported.

NewsChannel 21 Chief Meteorologist Bob Shaw said the storm would bring mixed showers, turning to snow on the High Desert, with highs approaching 40 winds and gusty southwest winds 10-20 mph. The chance of snow showers will linger as lows drop to the cold upper teens to lower 20s - and if roads are snowy or wet, no doubt posing a slick driving danger.

Winter Weather Advisory For Olympic, Cascade Mountains - News Story - KIRO Seattle -- this was December 2010.

WSDOT - 2010 - Winter weather forecast for Cascade Mountain passes; WSDOT allows studded tires starting today - October 2010.

and: Crystal Mountain ends its longest-ever ski season | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News - Nearly nine months after opening on Nov. 18, 2010, Crystal Mountain is ending the longest ski season in its 48-year history.

The extra-long season, which ends Saturday, was made possible by record-breaking snowfall that continued to dump throughout the spring.

The previous season record was set during the 1998-1999 season, with 592 inches of snowfall and a closing date of July 14, 1999.

But this season the mountain received a total of 612 inches of snow between November 2010 and June 2011.

Remember "mountains don't care" -- and you can act like a 10 year old and call me every name in the book. I'm 61 and I've heard 'em all.

Crystal "extended" the seasons partly because they wanted to show-boat their new gondola...skier counts were very low.
The majority of the snow in the PNW came out side of the snowiest month, January...very, very abnormal season, last year.
AND, were in another Nina.

Mt Baker, the snowiest place on earth was below normal for last year...so? As a whole the year was off, most ski areas were shut down because of lack of interest before the snow ended.

You are 61 and you state that the glaciers on Rainier are growing? Are you blind, also? I was born in '43, and have hiked on Rainier many times, and observed the shrinkage of the glaciers there up close and in person. Have seen the same thing in the North Cascades. Have seen earlier melts and later snows almost every year for the last 30 years in the Cascades, the Sierras, and the Rockies.

Yes, last year had more snow than usual. As it should, seeing it was a super La Nina. Yet we only had one week of cold weather in Portland last winter. The rest of the winter was just cool and wet.

Get out of your wingnut talking points and look around you. You are on ground zero for warming in the continental US. Our glaciers are rapidly receding, and winters getting shorter every decade. Yes, there are year to year variations depending on the ENSO conditions, but the trend is clear.

It's a free country, at least for now, and you are entitled to believe whatever Al Gore tells you to believe. have a nice life, down there in the People's Republic of Oregon. Get out of your "loony left" talking points and think for a minute: if ice ages ended thousands of years ago without the help of people driving cars or otherwise burning fossil fuels, then how in the hell could people pull that off now? It's nuts. I don't believe it, I'll never believe it, over half the people in the country don't believe it. The glaciers have melted and froze again and again and will continue to do so whether we drive our SUVs or not. I don't just "hike at Mt. Rainier" once in a while - I SEE it every single day!

LOL. If you live in the Puget Sound area, you do not see Mt. Rainier every day. You are lucky any year that you can see it one day in three. I know, I lived in Tacoma for nearly 20 years.

Once again, stupid ass, look up Milankovic Cycles.

You are 61 and you state that the glaciers on Rainier are growing? Are you blind, also? I was born in '43, and have hiked on Rainier many times, and observed the shrinkage of the glaciers there up close and in person. Have seen the same thing in the North Cascades. Have seen earlier melts and later snows almost every year for the last 30 years in the Cascades, the Sierras, and the Rockies.

Yes, last year had more snow than usual. As it should, seeing it was a super La Nina. Yet we only had one week of cold weather in Portland last winter. The rest of the winter was just cool and wet.

Get out of your wingnut talking points and look around you. You are on ground zero for warming in the continental US. Our glaciers are rapidly receding, and winters getting shorter every decade. Yes, there are year to year variations depending on the ENSO conditions, but the trend is clear.

It's a free country, at least for now, and you are entitled to believe whatever Al Gore tells you to believe. have a nice life, down there in the People's Republic of Oregon. Get out of your "loony left" talking points and think for a minute: if ice ages ended thousands of years ago without the help of people driving cars or otherwise burning fossil fuels, then how in the hell could people pull that off now? It's nuts. I don't believe it, I'll never believe it, over half the people in the country don't believe it. The glaciers have melted and froze again and again and will continue to do so whether we drive our SUVs or not. I don't just "hike at Mt. Rainier" once in a while - I SEE it every single day!

olfraud "believes" whatever his high priests tell him to believe. He insults everyone because he isn't smart enough to posit a legit argument resorting to web links that have been proven false many, many times. He's a one trick pony, a lame one trick pony:lol:

Forum List

Back