The Justice Act: Democrats slammed the door in a black man's face, and ultimately betrayed one of their key constituencies

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
What about the GOP Justice Act introduced by Tim Scott is insufficient? Can anyone tell me? What doesn't appeal to a Democrat more than a black man leading on an issue like this? Is it because the said black man is a Republican?

If another black man dies at the hands of a corrupt police officer, what explanation will Democrats give for not allowing debate on a bill that would have done something to solve this issue? How will they explain to the American people why they didn't act? Why did they offer resistance instead of cooperation?

Do some Democrats prefer bathing in the blood of innocent lives lost to perpetuate an easily solved problem? Were they not the ones who, two days ago, implied that if Republicans don't put forth a solution to this problem, they have blood on their hands? Now that they have, how did Democrats respond?

THEY SLAMMED THE DOOR IN A BLACK MAN'S FACE.

I will never vote for a Democrat in federal elections again. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not interested in solving what ails our society, and are all the more interested in entrenching themselves in the problem instead. I am beyond disgusted. The congressional Democrats are no different than the Southern Democrats of old, fighting to preserve segregation and racist practices instead of working with their fellow Americans to rid our country of a toxic scourge. Working to preserve the problem of racism instead of solving it.

Spare me the tired refrain that you, a Democrat, will fight for minority rights, that you will stand for people of color, or that you will enact social justice.

No, you won't.

You were offered a chance to lead on an issue you so frequently champion, by a black man no less, but you slammed the door in his face.

Last edited:
What about the GOP Justice Act introduced by Tim Scott is insufficient? Can anyone tell me? What doesn't appeal to a Democrat more than a black man leading on an issue like this? Is it because the said black man is a Republican?

If another black man dies at the hands of a corrupt police officer, what explanation will Democrats give for not allowing debate on a bill that would have done something to solve this issue? How will they explain to the American people why they didn't act? Why did they offer resistance instead of cooperation?

Do some Democrats prefer bathing in the blood of innocent lives lost to perpetuate an easily solved problem? Were they not the ones who, two weeks ago, said that "if Republicans don't put forth a solution to this problem, they have blood on their hands?" Now that they have, how did Democrats respond?

I will never vote for a Democrat in federal elections again.

It would be my advice not to vote for them in any election. Remember, they drag that execrable Party into office with them.

Do some Democrats prefer bathing in the blood of innocent lives lost to perpetuate an easily solved problem? Were they not the ones who, two weeks ago, said that "if Republicans don't put forth a solution to this problem, they have blood on their hands?" Now that they have, how did Democrats respond?

I will never vote for a Democrat in federal elections again. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not interested in solving what ails our society, and are all the more interested in entrenching themselves in the problem instead. I am beyond disgusted. The congressional Democrats are no different than the Southern Democrats of old, fighting to preserve segregation and racist practices instead of working with their fellow Americans to rid our country of a toxic scourge. Working to preserve the problem of racism instead of solving it.

Spare me the tired refrain that you, a Democrat, will fight for minority rights, that you will stand for people of color, or that you will enact social justice.

No, you won't.

You were offered a chance to lead on an issue you so frequently champion, by a black man no less, but you slammed the door in his face.
It doesn't do anything to address the problems. It's just an attempt to be able to say they "did something" when they didn't.

If they really want reform tell them to vote for the Democratic bill.

No, you won't.

Because the bill doesn’t do as much as Dems want.

A key component of Dems demands for reform is limiting qualified immunity which Scott’s bill seems to ignore. Additionally, Dems want more DoJ oversight of police and more teeth. Scott’s bill doesn’t make mandates but try’s to use money to compel change. Not exactly a bill with a lot of teeth.

See here for further explanation:

Is it any surprise the GOP bill would be watered down?

Remember how the left used to whine and whine about obstruction. Me too.

No, you won't.

Well the NAACP came out against the bill. Objection are that GOP bill still allows no knock warrents, does not limit use of choke holds and other dangerous moves, and does nmot make it easier to hold cops accountable for thier actions. Those are the gripes. I wouold think the cops woulod be against no knock warrentrs puts them in harms way. I know many peopl if you enter thier house unannounce they will take half the force with them in a fight, w2hen if they would just anounce them selves not a shot would be fired. Some one enters my house unannounced in the middle of the night they are in for a fight period.

nice link. everyone now totally knows what you are whining about.

Do you really need a link to comprehend what I'm saying? Can you not do your own research? I might be gay, but I'm not into that whole hand-holding thing.
i am good. i do not need a link to know that you misrepresent or miscomprehend.

The bill is a stunt. Instead of taking it to the committee where both parties could have worked out the details and presented a bipartisin bill, he took it directly to the floor where he knew it would fail. He didn't present a bill. He presented what would become talking points. A political stunt.

Do you really need a link to comprehend what I'm saying? Can you not do your own research? I might be gay, but I'm not into that whole hand-holding thing.

You are simply looking for any way to not discuss the topic.
and you could have made it less easy for me by doing your homework, son.

You are simply looking for any way to not discuss the topic.
and you could have made it less easy for me by doing your homework, son.

Link added. Do your damn homework, son.

The bill is a stunt. Instead of taking it to the committee where both parties could have worked out the details and presented a bipartisin bill, he took it directly to the floor where he knew it would fail. He didn't present a bill. He presented what would become talking points. A political stunt.

How is it a stunt when it has 80% of what Democrats want in it? Are you really that butthurt about qualified immunity?

Do some Democrats prefer bathing in the blood of innocent lives lost to perpetuate an easily solved problem? Were they not the ones who, two days ago, implied that if Republicans don't put forth a solution to this problem, they have blood on their hands? Now that they have, how did Democrats respond?

No, you won't.

They did not like the act he submitted , is all, it was not due to the color of his skin.

No, you won't.

They did not like the act he submitted , is all, it was not due to the color of his skin.

I beg to differ. What if Tim Scott had been a Democrat introducing the same bill?

Forum List

Back