The Joys of Virtue Signaling in SoCal

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
And charging with your headlights on shows how stupid these people are. Mankind is devolving.
1699137594553.jpeg

Obviously they just need to install more diesel powered electric car chargers.

And charging with your headlights on shows how stupid these people are. Mankind is devolving.

Obviously they just need to install more diesel powered electric car chargers.
Those headlights could be powered by 4 AA cells. How much impact do you think that will have? This is about the poorest excuse for a thread I've ever seen here. Is that really supposed to be the topic? Charging EVs with the headlights on?

Those headlights could be powered by 4 AA cells. How much impact do you think that will have? This is about the poorest excuse for a thread I've ever seen here. Is that really supposed to be the topic? Charging EVs with the headlights on?
Sure they can.
1.4 amps for an average car LED headlight.
Tell us how long you get 1.4 amps from 4 AA 2250 mAh batteries, Mr Edison.

4 AA batteries can produce 9AH at 1.5 V. We'd need 8 to make 12V. So that'd give us 18 AH. That would run a 1.4A load for almost 13 hours.

The question is how does that 1.4A, 12V draw compare to the power being supplied by the car charger. If it was supplying 40A at 240V, the headlights would be drawing off 0.175% of the available power. In an hour of charging, the headlights would cost the owner 6.3 seconds.

4 AA batteries can produce 9AH at 1.5 V. We'd need 8 to make 12V. So that'd give us 18 AH. That would run a 1.4A load for almost 13 hours.

The question is how does that 1.4A, 12V draw compare to the power being supplied by the car charger. If it was supplying 40A at 240V, the headlights would be drawing off 0.175% of the available power. In an hour of charging, the headlights would cost the owner 6.3 seconds.
It is clear you have been reading about things that are beyond your comprehension. There are so many variables that you have left out of your nonsense that it doesn't relate to anything.

It is clear you have been reading about things that are beyond your comprehension. There are so many variables that you have left out of your nonsense that it doesn't relate to anything.
It's obviously simplified, but since all this analysis concerns a completely off-hand remark, I bet you can live with it.

But, my point remains unchallenged. Leaving your headlights on while charging your EV has an abolutely trivial impact on charge times.

It's obviously simplified, but since all this analysis concerns a completely off-hand remark, I bet you can live with it.

But, my point remains unchallenged. Leaving your headlights on while charging your EV has an abolutely trivial impact.
I'm still laughing about how you're throwing 12 volts around in a discussion about four AA batteries. Please tell me where you get 12 volts. BTW, are those batteries wired in series or parallel? Like most of your crap, you spout a bunch of garbage that has no connection to reality.

I'm still laughing about how you're throwing 12 volts around in a discussion about four AA batteries. Please tell me where you get 12 volts. BTW, are those batteries wired in series or parallel? Like most of your crap, you spout a bunch of garbage that has no connection to reality.
I clearly stated that 8 batteries would be required to get 12V.

My claim still remains unchallenged. The impact of leaving your headlights on while charging your EV is absolutely trivial.

An AA batter can do 2 amps for an hour.
THEN IT IS DEAD.

Why do you feel the need to show your hatred of science? You lie about climate, you lie about EV’s, you even lie about headlights.

You really do hate science.
I have clearly demonstrated that leaving your headlights on while charging your EV certainly won't help, but that the impact on charge time is trivial. I'm sorry if you embarrassed yourself. It's not the first time, though, is it. Perhaps you ought to give some thought to the possibility that mainstream science has a better idea as to how the world works than does whatever source provides you with the nonsense you push here.

I have clearly demonstrated that leaving your headlights on while charging your EV certainly won't help, but that the impact on charge time is trivial. I'm sorry if you embarrassed yourself. It's not the first time, though, is it. Perhaps you ought to give some thought to the possibility that mainstream science has a better idea as to how the world works than does whatever source provides you with the nonsense you push here.
Of course draining your battery while attempting to recharge it makes sense. Because you’re a Lefty Loony!

Forum List

Back