the Israelis & all in that region could use some help managing their population growth

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
i've been thinking about Israel's constant and moderately-supported drive to expand it's territory, measured over the last few decades and cumulating now in the planned annexation of part of the west bank.

i think we'll need to provide some guidance to the peoples in the Israeli region about how to let each others' territory grow in a way that allows all sides to claim real and lasting victory by sticking to such a peace proces.

i also think just allowing Israel to annex the west bank now, is a bad idea.
they can build skyscrapers if they need more living space.

I don't think we have the power to allow it or not. And as long as the "Palestinians" keep shooting rockets into Israel, the Israelis will feel justified in expanding their borders.

One way to ameliorate this tribal conflict would be to officially recognize their religious components. As such, a governing structure would need to contain Jewish and Muslim, as well as secular, representation.

This could be accomplished by a four-house (Israeli, Palestinian, Jewish and Muslim) parliament in which the votes of at least three houses would be required for major legislation. This sounds unwieldy, but it would sow the seeds of compromise, especially since the status quo (unilateral Israeli control) would continue unless such agreements would be made.

I don't think we have the power to allow it or not. And as long as the "Palestinians" keep shooting rockets into Israel, the Israelis will feel justified in expanding their borders.

One way to ameliorate this tribal conflict would be to officially recognize their religious components. As such, a governing structure would need to contain Jewish and Muslim, as well as secular, representation.

This could be accomplished by a four-house (Israeli, Palestinian, Jewish and Muslim) parliament in which the votes of at least three houses would be required for major legislation. This sounds unwieldy, but it would sow the seeds of compromise, especially since the status quo (unilateral Israeli control) would continue unless such agreements would be made.

i don't think we need to go as far as to dicate how the Israelis should govern themselves.

and if we don't speak out, publicly, against such expansion plans, if we don't point out that Israel has a real responsibility to make do with the territory they got (stole) so far,

then eventually, like 9/11 according to me, all of the west faces real terror risk using the indeed oppressed Palestinians as justification and *motivation to engage in terror strikes on western targets* for millions upon millions of young muslim men around the world.

Forum List

Back