The internet must become the new watchdog of politics. The news media has failed entirely.

As someone pointed out this is exactly the reason why the UN and governments want to take control of the internet - they cannot tolerate a free exchange of ideas and information.

What the current disinformation age does is allow folks to cocoon themselves into comfortable "news" outlets that never present anything that challenges their preconceived notions.

The problem is not the wealth of sources, the problem is that so many people are way too comfortable not questioning, verifying, or challenging the information they receive in a critical way. Far too few people want to look at many sides of an issue before deciding where they stand.

The media nor the internet are the problem.

I read hypothetically, not on the assumption news is true or false; but that it could be either.

I view everything from a news source as potentially propaganda, to a greater or lesser extent.

A world view or ideology is how we structure our thought patterns and ideas, so belief in the credibility of a news source can be just as fatal to critical thought as any form of overt propaganda.

I don't believe what I believe is necessarily true or necessarily false. I am forced to rely on the data I have access to, and my life experiences. Much like everyone else.

I read hypothetically, not on the assumption news is true or false; but that it could be either.
I view everything from a news source as potentially propaganda, to a greater or lesser extent.
A world view or ideology is how we structure our thought patterns and ideas, so belief in the credibility of a news source can be just as fatal to critical thought as any form of overt propaganda.
I don't believe what I believe is necessarily true or necessarily false. I am forced to rely on the data I have access to, and my life experiences. Much like everyone else.
Like everyone who thinks and is educated.
But propaganda f(*)(*)(*)ing us all anyway because observing news is a type of subject-object relations, we're object.

139568_600.jpg

The news media was lately considered a watchdog for politics
really?

Have you looked around the internet, I mean REALLY looked?

The internet must become the new watchdog of politics? Nuts!

Actually when this country was founded the media was supposed to be the watchdog over government ...

not true. they had no delegated role in government. you're suffering delusions

It was implied. You're still delusional.
they have no ROLE in government.

jesus, you're nuts :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back