The In-Laws

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
With the rapidly increasing rate of inter-racial marriages in the US, this sort of thing must be happening to a number of families, unfortunately. Interesting perspective.

Some in-laws, you don't want to mess with.

main-qimg-1e7399afc933336f22e45b37fb670837.jpg

With the rapidly increasing rate of inter-racial marriages in the US, this sort of thing must be happening to a number of families, unfortunately. Interesting perspective.

Almost nobody prefers to deal with communication barriers and cultural differences.
Only the weird, the super desperate and those intrigued by some bizarre novelty value in this multicultural bullshit seem to be giddy over it though.

I guess it depends on how much value you place on family.
We have some awesome heated discussions at my family gatherings, where everyone is armed and half drunk, and it's been fun mostly.
Because they're family, they are my tribe of choice, and we don't have to agree on everything to love each other.

It is axiomatic in the marriage industry that the best matches are the ones in which the two partners have the most in common. Marrying someone of a different race is a recipe for disaster. Many such couples only stay together to spite those who predicted the early demise of their marriage.

For each "in-law" who is appalled by the "racism" of her in-laws, there is a counterpart who is nauseated by virtue-signalling jackasses who pretend that they are devoid of any prejudice of any kind.

In my experience, there are more and more families in which adult children totally isolate themselves from their former families after a "mixed" marriage. Mothers wail that they never get to see their grandchildren - and they are not exaggerating.

Sometimes that seems a good solution.

... Many such couples only stay together to spite those who predicted the early demise of their marriage.

Did you get your mind reading certificate via an online course?

.......In my experience, there are more and more families in which adult children totally isolate themselves from their former families after a "mixed" marriage. ...

????????

How many families do you have? Are you a Mormon or a Muslim? A traveling salesman?

Funny, that. My mother-in-law, a Guyanese East Indian immigrant, is always voicing her terror of "brown people hating" white boys such as Trump. Funny, because she is stone cold racist against blacks, Chinese and, of course, white boys—even though she married one. From my perspective, however, her life's story growing up in South America is fascinating. She is quite the pill. Of course, how can she think myself and/or my father-in-law to be racists when we married "brown girls", the both of us. Yes, it is all very, very funny indeed . . .

It is axiomatic in the marriage industry that the best matches are the ones in which the two partners have the most in common. Marrying someone of a different race is a recipe for disaster. Many such couples only stay together to spite those who predicted the early demise of their marriage.

For each "in-law" who is appalled by the "racism" of her in-laws, there is a counterpart who is nauseated by virtue-signalling jackasses who pretend that they are devoid of any prejudice of any kind.

In my experience, there are more and more families in which adult children totally isolate themselves from their former families after a "mixed" marriage. Mothers wail that they never get to see their grandchildren - and they are not exaggerating.

I have been married 37 years to a filipino and I am a US white person. And only the military predicted we would fail.

Yeah, it doesn't always work.

But sometimes it does.

Yeah, it doesn't always work.

But sometimes it does.

You can say that about any sort of marriage.

I have been married 37 years to a filipino and I am a US white person. And only the military predicted we would fail.

Don't ask/Don't tell?

"Axiomatic" refers to a well-known and established fact.

The fact that you might have an uncle harry who has been married for 80 years to an Inuit princess DOES NOT DISPROVE THE GENERAL PRINCIPLE.

Jesus.

The fact that you might have an uncle harry who has been married for 80 years to an Inuit princess DOES NOT DISPROVE THE GENERAL PRINCIPLE.

Jesus.

You seem to be scared of something. Want to share?

Jesus.
But 2 people of different races do not necessarily have less in common. I have a lot more in common with my wife who was raised on the gulf coast, same as me, than I do with members of my father's side of the family, who came from Iowa farmlands. Different culture, different ways of speech, different food, etc. Common cultures, common values and social mores are more important, IMO.

Jesus.

Forum List

Back