The idea that Americans think putting republicans in power will improve the economy is just nonsense as always

It is fun schooling you, but a tad redundant as you never seem to learn anything.

Every year, Congress begins work on a federal budget for the next fiscal year. The federal government’s fiscal year runs from October 1 of one calendar year through September 30 of the next.

The work actually begins in the executive branch the year before the budget is to go into effect.

• Federal agencies create budget requests and submit them to the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
  • OMB refers to the agency requests as it develops the president’s budget proposal.
And, per your link, this other complication;

Budget Completion or Government Shutdown​

If Congress passes, and the president signs, all 12 bills by September 30—the last day of the current fiscal year—the country has a new budget in time for the start of the next fiscal year. If Congress can’t agree on 12 separate bills, it can pass an Omnibus bill with funding for multiple areas. If the budget is not completed by the new fiscal year, Congress must pass a continuing resolution authorizing temporary funding at the previous year’s levels or face a government shutdown.

In the event of a shutdown, the government stops issuing passports, closes national parks and monuments, halts NASA operations, and puts many other functions on hold.
When the budget process is finally complete or Congress passes a continuing resolution, the government resumes normal operations.
Which was the duress situation Trump faced on his last budget to sign on.
Congress came back with way more spending than he had requested so it was either sign it or shutdown. Damned if he does, damned if he didn't.

Do you have a point? I’m not convinced you have one.
You are not smart enough to see it. From post number 262 of this thread, and recently placed;

If Congress passes, and the president signs, all 12 bills by September 30—the last day of the current fiscal year—the country has a new budget in time for the start of the next fiscal year. If Congress can’t agree on 12 separate bills, it can pass an Omnibus bill with funding for multiple areas. If the budget is not completed by the new fiscal year, Congress must pass a continuing resolution authorizing temporary funding at the previous year’s levels or face a government shutdown.

In the event of a shutdown, the government stops issuing passports, closes national parks and monuments, halts NASA operations, and puts many other functions on hold.
When the budget process is finally complete or Congress passes a continuing resolution, the government resumes normal operations.
Congress came back with way more spending than he had requested so it was either sign it or shutdown. Damned if he does, damned if he didn't.

Congress tells the president what they want and desire. The president then picks and chooses and adds as they see fit.

DURRRRRR

Can you not even read? Holy fuck dude. OMB gets the numbers from all the Depts of the Executive branch and uses them to make the President's budget proposal, this is then given to Congress as the starting point for the final budget.

It was right there in the link I gave you.

Fuck dude, find a 3rd grader to read it to you if you cannot understand it

Partially based upon Executive Branch request(suggestion).
Often even more is added to that by Congress.
Hence the situation often where the POTUS either signs off on the inflated budget or if not, the guv'mint "shuts down".

Yes, this is the case....so if you were a POTUS that wanted to cut spending would you send them a budget with more or less than you really wanted to spend, knowing they were going to add to it?

We may not know if putting Republicans in power will fix this mess we are in but we do know that Potatohead created the mess we are in and if the filthy Democrats stay in power things will get even worse.
How would it fer
You are not smart enough to see it. From post number 262 of this thread, and recently placed;

lol whatever as if Trump was smart or patient enough for that kind of nuance. He didn’t give a shit. He added 8 trillion to the debt in 4 years.

Based upon the budget request sent by the Executive branch.

I do not get how people get to be adults and not know this most basic part of our system.
As per your last sentence(question) ...
Mostly because in the past few decades the public school system has not done a very good effort (if any) to teach basic civics; American Constitution (Citizen's owner's manual), and government systems; nor basics of Economics.

One discovers this once you start to ask the native born and educated the questions common to the Citizenship Test given by Immigration to those legal immigrants applying to be citizens.
One of many links to be found with a web search. Current standard test has 128 questions.
128 questions;

How would it fer

lol whatever as if Trump was smart or patient enough for that kind of nuance. He didn’t give a shit. He added 8 trillion to the debt in 4 years.
LOL yer self!
You win the "Stupid, Dumb, and Don't Know Shyte" Award.

Until you document, per the OMB numbers, which I posted here several pages back and you failed to read and/or understand, this source shows only about 7 Trillion. That thanks to the hostile congress which added to his request and place in the position of either decline to sing and let the Guv'mint shutdown, or give-in to the 'blackmail'.
US Debt Clock for 2020;
US Debt clock for 2016;

By comparison groper-molester Joe has racked up over half as much at 4.1 Trillion and that at less than two years in office;
https://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html (2022)

Hopefully you can do the math (and be honest) in subtracting 2020 from 2022, which I've provided.

For comparison Barry Obama did a case of nearly doubling the Debt going from about 10.1 Trillion in 2008;
To about about 20 Trillion;

Note these are the actual numbers of the times, and not adjusted for or reflecting inflation alterations.

Yes, this is the case....so if you were a POTUS that wanted to cut spending would you send them a budget with more or less than you really wanted to spend, knowing they were going to add to it?
Would depend on the composition of the Congress.
If one that would work with me I could chance an actual amount request.
If one hostile, I'd submit one lower.
Rock and hard place is that when Congress presents it to POTUS, it's either sign off and get the blame, or don't an let the guv'mint shut down, and get the blame for that.

Do you really have difficulty grasping this?

LOL yer self!
You win the "Stupid, Dumb, and Don't Know Shyte" Award.

Until you document, per the OMB numbers, which I posted here several pages back and you failed to read and/or understand, this source shows only about 7 Trillion. That thanks to the hostile congress which added to his request and place in the position of either decline to sing and let the Guv'mint shutdown, or give-in to the 'blackmail'.
US Debt Clock for 2020;
US Debt clock for 2016;

By comparison groper-molester Joe has racked up over half as much at 4.1 Trillion and that at less than two years in office;
https://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html (2022)

Hopefully you can do the math (and be honest) in subtracting 2020 from 2022, which I've provided.

For comparison Barry Obama did a case of nearly doubling the Debt going from about 10.1 Trillion in 2008;
To about about 20 Trillion;

Note these are the actual numbers of the times, and not adjusted for or reflecting inflation alterations.
Under Trump it was 7.8 trillion. Even if it was 7, it’s a stupid thing to argue about.

According to the source below, for Obama, strictly in terms of the time, between presidential inaugurations, the debt went up 3.46 trillion. It’s possible Trump’s contribution using that same metric is lower than 7.8. The debt is a very nuanced topic lol. It’s hard to be sure about what sources say because they might it measure differently. Either way, the debt under Trump was roughly twice as much as Obama in terms one term vs two terms.

I won’t deny Biden has spent a lot so far. Of course It is only two years. It’s not like it makes sense to assume he would spend at the same pace as he is now. That’s a pretty simple minded way of looking at it.

I’m curious though. Why is it okay with you Trump’s contribution would be 7 trillion? You trying to downplay it like you were is such an eye roll dude.

Last edited:
Under Trump it was 7.8 trillion. Even if it was 7, it’s a stupid thing to argue about. Obama’s contribution was 8 trillion. Of course again, that was in 8 years and not 4. Because there are multiple factors on what contributes to debt, it’s stupid to measure the debt in terms of time only like you did there. That is erroneous and disingenuous.

I won’t deny Biden has spent a lot so far. Of course It is only two years. It’s not like it makes sense to assume he would spend at the same pace as he is now. That’s a pretty simple minded way of looking at it.

I’m curious though. Why is it okay with you Trump’s contribution would be 7 trillion? You trying to downplay it like you were is such an eye roll dude.
How much did Biden popose to spend in his next budget? Do you even know?

Apparently not.

Would depend on the composition of the Congress.
If one that would work with me I could chance an actual amount request.
If one hostile, I'd submit one lower.

Yet the guy people claim wanted to cut spending kept submitting larger and larger budget request each year instead of doing what you and see as common sense.

Rock and hard place is that when Congress presents it to POTUS, it's either sign off and get the blame, or don't an let the guv'mint shut down, and get the blame for that.

Do you really have difficulty grasping this?

I have not denied this at all, not sure why you think I have. Perhaps you should read what I post and not just make shit up...just a thought

How much did Biden popose to spend in his next budget? Do you even know?

Apparently not.

More than Trump, who proposed more than Obama who proposed more than Bush II....and then you dumb fucks blame all 31 trillion dollars in debt on the "other side:

Forum List

Back